test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GMs Exist!!! And they ban goldspammers!

stoxbox1stoxbox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So on Mindflayer, GM Navi appeared as a GF in full timeless, rank 10s, perfect bloodtheft, and brilliant energy enchant. He had different characters for GM that made him stand out and when typing in chat his name was orange. He got rid of a few goldspammers while he was around and was followed around by an adoring audience. He didn't join my guild or accept my friend request, but it was nice to see one and see them banning for zone chat spam. He ran around and teleported as well but /follow brought us to him for the most part.

screenshot_2013-08-21-14-44-16.jpg

I didn't realize the game stripped out chat or player names for screenshots, so sorry about that.

Edit, one of our guys got a screenshot of the ban. Thanks Kunekaden. Also I'm supposed to say that Wtfbige asked to 1v1 the GM, and he teleported away in fear. GMban.png
Post edited by stoxbox1 on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, they exist. They just normally don't show up in zones.
    stoxbox1 wrote: »
    I didn't realize the game stripped out chat or player names for screenshots, so sorry about that.

use /screenshot_ui_jpg or /screenshot_ui to keep the UI when taking screenshots. You can also use /bind x screenshot_ui_jpg to bind it to a key. Just replace X with whatever key you want it bound to.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The GM is a lie........
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stoxbox1 wrote: »
    So on Mindflayer, GM Navi appeared as a GF in full timeless, rank 10s, perfect bloodtheft, and brilliant energy enchant. He had different characters for GM that made him stand out and when typing in chat his name was orange. He got rid of a few goldspammers while he was around and was followed around by an adoring audience. He didn't join my guild or accept my friend request, but it was nice to see one and see them banning for zone chat spam. He ran around and teleported as well but /follow brought us to him for the most part.

screenshot_2013-08-21-14-44-16.jpg

Edit, one of our guys got a screenshot of the ban. Thanks Kunekaden. Also I'm supposed to say that Wtfbige asked to 1v1 the GM, and he teleported away in fear. GMban.png

Awesome!
    I missed it reading these very forums :/
    - behold, halflings.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Navi is awesome!
  • drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They rarely take physical form, but I've heard if you stand in just the right spot and utter a certain name three times...
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • goldentulipgoldentulip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's wondrous how players react around GMs every time :D:D:D:D
    fss_overall.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They must be trying to make their presence known for some reason because we had a different GM on the Dragon Server doing the same thing last night. I'm not a fanboy, but he seem pretty nice and he answered a lot of questions for players. Of course there were a few angry players who began hurling insulting remarks. I wonder if they got banned. lol
  • ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did notice a lot more spamming last night in zone chat on dragon that was totally flooding out everything else . Had to ignore 3 users in just a few minutes to make things readable again...and I normally don't even have to do that once. Glad the GMs were doing something about it.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So how do you unlock a DD chest without being in a dungeon?
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    They rarely take physical form, but I've heard if you stand in just the right spot and utter a certain name three times...
    You need to stand in a crossroad under a full moon, with a mandrake root around your neck and offer up your soul. Or was that the devil? I always get those mixed up, and let's just say it can have some... interesting... results sometimes. :p

As for taking a screenshot, I simply press Print Screen, then alt-tab back to windows and paste it into Paint. ;)
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what's the smiley faces and names in the top right corner of that screenie?
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did they just start this? Because all I can say is omg FINALLY, been waiting so long for gm's ingame. Now they can hopefully nip in the bud all the blatant out in the open exploiting. Too bad gm's can't kill other players(to my knowledge) like other games but a ban is still good I guess.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    They must be trying to make their presence known for some reason because we had a different GM on the Dragon Server doing the same thing last night. I'm not a fanboy, but he seem pretty nice and he answered a lot of questions for players. Of course there were a few angry players who began hurling insulting remarks. I wonder if they got banned. lol

Could be they intentionally had more than one GM log on around the peak time for spamming on each server to get stuff done. I've only seen spam from hijacked accounts -- not the WWW etc ones -- so doing multi-server policing at a peak time might be a good way to catch those and get rid of them.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    So how do you unlock a DD chest without being in a dungeon?

Hmmm, is that anything like, "What is sound of one hand clapping?"
    10PM CST

• maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They appeared on all servers recently but it was the first time seeing one since 5 day early access.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think everyone by now hates the gold spammer. Really... really hates it - dancing in bikini/ boxers at Tarmalune Auction House.

Hooray for GMs! :cool:
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . Probably has something to do with the new team they formed to combat problem players. It is very welcomed, indeed.
    Since launch, we've settled into a more reasonable rhythm of updates, and have put together a new dedicated exploit team to combat cheats and hacks. Their job is specifically to use our understanding of existing exploits to protect new content while also looking for new ways to break the game so that we can make it better. Tracking down and squashing exploits is not always an easy task, and I'd like to give out special kudos to all of the folks in the community who have written in to us about bug reports, exploits, and abusive Foundry quests – your care for the game and assistance has been immensely helpful!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unbelievable :rolleyes:

• chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah it's great for a GM to actually show up in game after all this time. Would be even nicer if they were going to continue moderating the game. As for "adoring"... no. It's just another human being who puts their pants on one leg at a time like everyone else.

Last time I was adoring & hung on every word someone said was sitting on Santas lap at 5 yrs. old. I'm just saying...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of course after being banned, you could redeem your penality with an small donation using your credit card (raise reputation from temples?) and of course if the "donation" is high enough you get a free pass to hack the game... ops i meant use magic in Amn, MAGIC IN AMN, not hacks, hacks are bad (Thx corneil, and send my reghards to the council of six too) :)!
    edited August 2013
    kamuizin wrote: »
    Of course after being banned, you could redeem your penality with an small donation using your credit card (raise reputation from temples?) and of course if the "donation" is high enough you get a free pass to hack the game... ops i meant use magic in Amn, MAGIC IN AMN, not hacks, hacks are bad (Thx corneil, and send my reghards to the council of six too) :)!
    Halruaa was hacked by the Weave. :(
    Don't worry, magic is being restored! The third Sundering is upon us! All will be made right.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    It's nice to see them around in the game.
    I remember in one game I was playing (Aion?) when a GM came in there would be a cross server message saying a GM was present and everyone would go to the zone because they had a special skill with a huge animation. A large glowing (ban)hammer they would use on the gold seller and the gold spammer would disappear.
    It was almost an event and players were looking forward to this.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Banning spammers is probably like wack-a-mole. Put one down, another head pops up.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Banning spammers is probably like wack-a-mole. Put one down, another head pops up.

More like a hydra, slice off one head and 2 more appear.
  • zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    what's the smiley faces and names in the top right corner of that screenie?

Mumble overlay.
This discussion has been closed.