test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I was considering joining neverwinter but...

Comments

• xxvarronxxxxvarronxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you like endless exploiting in end game dungeons and skipping trash mobs and not being invited into groups because you dont know how to exploit then this game is for you!
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pls stop calling this game free to play because a few people have told me that when feywild launch, you have to pay to play the new content. I thought he was trolling but somebody else confirmed it.:(

I can assure you I'll not be paying any real money for feywild either. Just because someone else is too lazy or too stupid to earn enough AD to spend doesn't limit everyone else.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Pls stop calling this game free to play because a few people have told me that when feywild launch, you have to pay to play the new content. I thought he was trolling but somebody else confirmed it.:(

The Fury of the Feywild does require AD to advance in certain areas. I'm not sure on the full extent.

The thing is that's earned in game...and while you can buy it...it's hardly something required. I have absolutely no issues earning AD in game and AD will be even easier to make after the Fury of the Feywild due to the Salvager.

Complaining about that would be no different than complaining you have to pay gold to access an area in a different game...except that you can purchase this gold if you're, honestly, lazy enough.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013

the module is free. No dollars or whatever currency you use.
    you can buy new packs like the founders pack for it.
    mount, pet. more clothes, various small odd bits
    In game currency for entry top some areas,asAmbi sinister said
    see this thread.
    post 6. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?404461-Feywild-Packs-and-Fury-of-the-Feywild-Module-Live-Date&highlight=feywild
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    Oh wow, I didn't notice "good reasoning is behind it 90% of the time". More like it's whining by bad players 99% of the time.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just wish more people would read the forums before playing this game because this saves so much time from trial and error.:)

this would be true if some of the "passion" was left out of the forum posts. also there are plenty of people that would rather see this game fail than succeed and would inject wrong information on purpose.

but back to the OP, there is no way that you could fairly judge the play-ability of this game without actually playing it.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lol so you've researched the game extensively, created a forum account, and posted a 6 paragraph story about how you were so close but just couldn't pull yourself to download it without complete certainty that is was the best game out there. You need to rein in the drama...

In the time you've spent already you could have dl'd and played to lvl 20. You level incredibly fast, just try it and make your own decisions and quit "making up your mind" on the forums
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol so you've researched the game extensively, created a forum account, and posted a 6 paragraph story about how you were so close but just couldn't pull yourself to download it without complete certainty that is was the best game out there. You need to rein in the drama...

In the time you've spent already you could have dl'd and played to lvl 20. You level incredibly fast, just try it and make your own decisions and quit "making up your mind" on the forums
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment you had to spoil it by posting as you.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment you had to spoil it by posting as you.

I imagine we have similar views on quite a few things, just b/c of one disagreement on 1 topic that is no reason not to have healthy debate, or dare I say agreement =P, on different topics
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello, I have been watching this game from a distance for some time now trying to come to a decision as to whether or not I wanted to even download this game, or if it wasn't worth the time. I'm still undecided and was on the BRINK of pressing download, till I scanned through the neverwinter forums....

The community is INCREDIBLY negative here on the forums (attitude wise) with a handful of exceptions, this is the underlining factor that has made me go back into simply watching. If the forums are this rough, I already know that the in game community is going to be filled with conflict... from experience.

It's one thing to be negative towards your devs (because people are people, and when someone creates something there will always be a critic) but the way you've displayed relations amongst yourselves as humans is well... I'll stop there.

Then you have the Economy crashing exploits, meaning because I didn't jump in head first with everyone else I'll be dirt broke for a large amount of the game, only wiping the game would cause a fix to the economy and obviously countless people have spent money in the game and dedicated time to it so that wouldn't be the best of moves, so due to exploiters the economy is ruined meaning I'd pretty much be waaaaay further behind the curb as a newcomer than one should be.

Then there's my favorite community, the pvp community, the guys who naturally have conflict with eachother, but normally have a mutual respect for eachother as well... So far so good with you guys >_<, however; the ones that lack such aspects (mutual respect) lack it hardcore, and when combined with the negative community almost get a rally behind them of berating someone, often for the most ridiculous of reasons.

I'm asking someone to give me a brief synopsis of activity inside the game, this will help me decide if I wish to download it ( I am a busy person in real life normally, but I've got some downtime due to having a short college break.)
    It's F2P, so you've got nothing to lose. However, do not spend any money on this game. It is worthless. One of the worst designed games in a decade. Game mechanics are childish and clearly intended for console play. Boss mobs are horribly underconned. Cryptic devs, having completely failed maths, do not know the difference between solo and group play. The in-game economy is a joke. They went way overboard with currencies. Classes are so out of balance there is no hope of ever fixing them (and the devs are obviously clueless about what class balance means anyway). Content is repetitive. And my favorite, the devs think tedium creates challenge and display this with endless waves of adds.

Bottom line: this game was designed by a group of third grade kiddies for third grade kiddies.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

Now I don't have to post because you covered what I was going too.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited August 2013
    It's F2P, so you've got nothing to lose. However, do not spend any money on this game. It is worthless. One of the worst designed games in a decade. Game mechanics are childish and clearly intended for console play. Boss mobs are horribly underconned. Cryptic devs, having completely failed maths, do not know the difference between solo and group play. The in-game economy is a joke. They went way overboard with currencies. Classes are so out of balance there is no hope of ever fixing them (and the devs are obviously clueless about what class balance means anyway). Content is repetitive. And my favorite, the devs think tedium creates challenge and display this with endless waves of adds.

Bottom line: this game was designed by a group of third grade kiddies for third grade kiddies.

i purchased the guardian pack during the open beta because at $60, it is the price that i would pay for a good game and in the four months that i've been playing, i would say that my initial financial investment has paid off multiple times.

but you know, everyone has an opinion. some people blow through content and get bored. some people don't like change. and some people think they could do a better job... of which i fully support that challenge. do go out there and make the kind of game that you want to play... unfortunately not everyone is going to agree with you.

:)
  • xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    let me take these one by one:

He or she asked for our oppinions. So this is my and I would dare to say a lot of people on this game. I realy dont care if he/she will try it or not its just my POV but also I cant understand people who are trying to make things nicer when they are not. All things that I wroted are 100% truth and are game mechanics so I dont see anything bad in pointing bad things out. Best advice probably is if you download and start playing this game dont be stupid to put any real money into this broken game!
    edited August 2013
    All things that I wroted are 100% truth and are game mechanics so I dont see anything bad in pointing bad things out.
    The point you made that I remembered was:
    "3. Yes new FF is free to get but to advance and unlock new stuff you will need about 150 gold and 300/400 k AD"

Yes it's true, but it implies that you can't play feywild without paying money, which is not true.
    edited August 2013
    He or she asked for our oppinions. So this is my and I would dare to say a lot of people on this game. I realy dont care if he/she will try it or not its just my POV but also I cant understand people who are trying to make things nicer when they are not. All things that I wroted are 100% truth and are game mechanics so I dont see anything bad in pointing bad things out. Best advice probably is if you download and start playing this game dont be stupid to put any real money into this broken game!

opinions are definitely in abundance and millions of humans express them in one way or another. but each individual is operating based on their own level of awareness. others may share your exact opinion and that may be based on your experience playing a lot of games that ultimately disappointed you. but you have to accept the pure fact that there are others that think differently than you do. what you posted was not 100% truth but more like your own interpretation of your in-game experience. when people post negatively, they have been in some way hurt or disappointed with their experience. it's a common fact that people that are disgruntled about their experience with a company, they are more times likely to tell others about it than those that are happy with their experience. you perceive that this game is broken. you want to warn people to not waste their time here... or if you do, don't spend any money because it's not worth it. but i can tell you with confidence that this isn't the same experience i've had here. which brings me to the point: people should have the opportunity to make their own opinions. of course, it is up to the individual to accept your opinion or reject it. but the best advice here would be to give it a chance without the expectation of failure. attitude is altitude. if you expect a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> experience you most certainly will have one.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's totally worth trying since it's free, you'll only be out some temporary bandwidth if you don't like it. Forums are always negative, people are only motivated to come post when they are upset about something, no one comes here when they are enjoying the game.
  • xxyoutubexxxxyoutubexx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    opinions are definitely in abundance and millions of humans express them in one way or another.

And you shouldnt analyze or coment and argu with other people opinions. I just wroted MY opinion that comes from my experience of playing this game and without taking others opinion and making wall of text analyzing or trying to dispute ones opinion and that is exactly what are you doing. Just wrote your opinion and stop teling others if they are right or wrong. He/she is maybe just like me and my POV will help to decide or it is maybe same person as you so your oppinion will be more valuable. You are saying "people should have the opportunity to make their own opinions." and yet you are arguing about others opinions and trying to make your opinion valid ... Just write your opinion and that is the END. Nothing more to say on this topic because everything else is pure spam...
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    opinions are definitely in abundance and millions of humans express them in one way or another. but each individual is operating based on their own level of awareness. others may share your exact opinion and that may be based on your experience playing a lot of games that ultimately disappointed you. but you have to accept the pure fact that there are others that think differently than you do. what you posted was not 100% truth but more like your own interpretation of your in-game experience. when people post negatively, they have been in some way hurt or disappointed with their experience. it's a common fact that people that are disgruntled about their experience with a company, they are more times likely to tell others about it than those that are happy with their experience. you perceive that this game is broken. you want to warn people to not waste their time here... or if you do, don't spend any money because it's not worth it. but i can tell you with confidence that this isn't the same experience i've had here. which brings me to the point: people should have the opportunity to make their own opinions. of course, it is up to the individual to accept your opinion or reject it. but the best advice here would be to give it a chance without the expectation of failure. attitude is altitude. if you expect a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> experience you most certainly will have one.

Lets be honest here no one goes into playing a game with the mindset of having a crappy experience. The O.p asked for feedback from players regarding their experiences playing Neverwinter, and players have did just that (given feedback) based on their experiences in this game.

Some people may take issue with the feedback given while others will agree that the game may be lacking in a few areas. It is up to the O.p to play the game and come to that conclusion based on their own experiences weather the game is fun or not. I would advise the O.p too take everything in this thread with a grain of salt, try the game and see how they like it.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Don't Judge a book by its..

Oh hang on.. Don't judge this game by its forum

This is a horrible place where more tissues are handed round for spoilt kids then anything else..

Its not a huge download, give it a try and you might be pleasantly surprised

This ^

The ingame community for the most part is fine, like any free game you do get idiots.

I'm enjoying the game, just waiting for the new paragon paths and classes to make it a bit more diverse at higher levels.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The line between 'you have to pay money' and 'you just do in game stuff' to get something is... a blurred one.

I think most people would agree that 'you can grind for 6 months or spend $1' would be _effectively_ pay content.

I think most people would agree that 'you can grind for 10 minutes or spend $1' would be _effectively_ free content.

The question lies in between, and that comes down to a degree of objectivity.
    Given my 'casual play' has never earned my main character more than 30g or so, for my playstyle Feywild is pay gated, and I'm unlikely to ever play it.

People who run lots of dungeons regularly may feel otherwise.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2013
    I enjoy the game with my friends and guildies and do not even notice all the whiners. I simply have fun, ignoring all the negativity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    caelith wrote: »
    ...just waiting for the new paragon paths and classes to make it a bit more diverse at higher levels.

Yeah, like that will ever happen!

Aren't we still a broken enough game (balance-wise) with only ONE PP!!!!!!!!!

If they ever do eventually release new Paragon Paths, I expect it to be game breaking....yet again.
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I think most people would agree that 'you can grind for 6 months or spend $1' would be _effectively_ pay content.
    Pretty much, and like you I wouldn't play it. I understand the concept of the free option being prohibitive, but what has been described for feywild is not prohibitive but easily attainable.
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Lets be honest here no one goes into playing a game with the mindset of having a crappy experience. The O.p asked for feedback from players regarding their experiences playing Neverwinter, and players have did just that (given feedback) based on their experiences in this game.

Some people may take issue with the feedback given while others will agree that the game may be lacking in a few areas. It is up to the O.p to play the game and come to that conclusion based on their own experiences weather the game is fun or not. I would advise the O.p too take everything in this thread with a grain of salt, try the game and see how they like it.

i wouldn't be so sure about that. a game that is free to download and play... my first thoughts are what other people are saying about it. and my approval meter may take these opinions with a grain of salt but the general consensus when starting a new game is probably hopeful. you might be excited to play based on hype. of course, no one is going to buy a game that they don't want to play. and no one is going to download a f2p game they may be otherwise interested in if they take to heart some of the unsubstantiated <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is posted in these forums.

and the remarkable thing about most game devs is they will listen to your feedback and in some instances make changes... which makes the complaining whiners think that they are responsible. i've seen threads and posts around the internet where the developers and the gaming company are outright insulted based on one person's opinion. people have such little respect for a company and the individuals involved in its product/service that has obviously put their time, effort and heart into these game projects.

most people would peg me as a fanboy but my experiences have not been 100% perfect and i've had my issues. but i have a great deal of respect for what these people are trying to accomplish. of course, this is my experience and this is my opinion. but i would rather see this game thrive and succeed than to hope that it dies. and that said... with the way that i understand how the game works as a free to play game (i was able to acquire a 4000z mount in about a week's time without spending real money) i would most certainly recommend it to anyone that has an interest in MMORPGs, D&D and gaming in general.
    edited August 2013
    And you shouldnt analyze or coment and argu with other people opinions. I just wroted MY opinion that comes from my experience of playing this game and without taking others opinion and making wall of text analyzing or trying to dispute ones opinion and that is exactly what are you doing. Just wrote your opinion and stop teling others if they are right or wrong. He/she is maybe just like me and my POV will help to decide or it is maybe same person as you so your oppinion will be more valuable. You are saying "people should have the opportunity to make their own opinions." and yet you are arguing about others opinions and trying to make your opinion valid ... Just write your opinion and that is the END. Nothing more to say on this topic because everything else is pure spam...

so let me get this straight... i am allowed to give my opinion but i am not allowed to comment on other peoples opinions. is that right?

i respect your right to think what you want about this game or anything else for that matter. but that doesn't mean that i have to agree with it. and it also doesn't mean that i can't discredit your incorrect statements which seem to be an attempt to derail others from playing.

now... i'm going to go and impatiently wait for feywild to go live. :cool:
  • tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only negative social experience I have made so far was that for a while I hardly met any people who spoke English. Everyone I approached seemed to be Italian, French or Eastern European with rudimentary English speaking skills at best. But that has changed over the last month or so. Don't know why.

I have heard of people having fights over dungeon run performances, but I never experienced it myself.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL OP, you asked for an opinion and you bashed the whole community. WE have very few negative players, the majority of the negative posts you see here are players using their right to voice their opinion when they believed that they have been wronged by the devs or other players. Example the gazillion of topics about nerf, about Astral Diamonds, crafting issues, exploits, etc etc

So dont judge the whole community by a few bad apples.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • bewareofbathorybewareofbathory Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you think this forum is negative, spend some time on the WoW forums. You will be running to press 'download' for NW.
  • joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm a freelance writer, I got a job to write two reviews on this game. I had never heard of it, had played WoW, LoTR, and SWTOR. I downloaded it and have never looked back. I have 2 toons at 60, and have done every dungeon, T2 dungeon and the endgame dungeon.

Yes the forums are stacked with negativity, I myself am guilty on starting negative threads. If the OP is still checking on this thread here is some advice, and warnings:
    • 1. Have fun, enjoy the lore, the zones are a blast.
    • 2. Take your time, if you power level you will miss some cool skirmishes, dungeons as you level very fast
    • 3. It is VERY enticing to spend real money on the game. (I have sunk about $150)
    • 4. If you PVP, you probably will definitely spend real money on gear. My 14.4k GS has cost me well over 3 million in Astral Diamond, and that isn't anywhere near what some PVP players rock.
    • 5. PVP is PAY to WIN. You either accept it, or just jump in to do your dailies, and get spanked. There is NO way around it. You have to be geared to the teeth to compete, and that costs either absurd amounts of grind time, or a lot of money. Rank 10 and Perfect Enchants cost 10 million on Beholder. I spent $100 and received 3.8 million AD. So you now understand how expensive the 'best' items are. (I have only Rank 6's and lesser/regular on my armor/weapon, no vorpal or tenebrous)
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
    edited August 2013
    If you think this forum is negative, spend some time on the WoW forums. You will be running to press 'download' for NW.

Every Gaming forum I've been on has it's share of negative feedback from players. I forget the % of players that use the forums, but I think it was like 5% of the games player base that actually posts on the forums. So it's definitely not the best tool to use to judge how a game is doing.

The 5% is a number I got from a post a long time ago from a World of Warcraft Mod. There could very well be more players posting on the Neverwinter forums.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem