test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you topic!

maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We complain when things are not going our way, but do we ever say thank you to the people who make this run?

I send my first ticket and 7 days later my problem was solved
We play a free game, lot of those who run the forum are unpaid.

So thank you!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well thats the bottom line :)

Liked ur sig... u guys recruting?
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Big fan of this game and the attention they give to it. People often complain that the Devs don't care, but I think they do. I've played many MMO's and of all of them I feel I actually have much more of an interface with Neverwinter devs. I spend a lot of time on this game, maybe missed out on some opportunities but gosh darn it if this game isn't awesomely fun. Lot's to keep me entertained and always something to look forward to. I'll be buying a Feywild pack to showy support. If just so the creators of this game can have a beer on me. Cheers devs!
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I find it a very fun game, but the excuse that it's a "free game" doesn't really fly anymore, like it used to. At one time the free MMO was a bit of an odd duck. Now, they are pretty much the standard, with most games either being f2p or having a f2p option.

Eventually, players will stop accepting f2p as an excuse for mediocrity, and instead will expect f2p games to maintain a high level of quality in order to maintain their interest. It will be in the best interest of companies to maintain that standard, as with the huge number of f2p games the players of them are more mobile than ever, due to no subscription investment.

In any case, that was more of an aside, regarding the f2p model in general, not Neverwinter in particular.

I find the game a great deal of fun, and I think given how the new expansion is shaping up that there will be much fun for me to be had in the future as the game continues to develop.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    We play a free game, lot of those who run the forum are unpaid.

Think i read many times that NONE of the mods are paid for their work and this is messed up because some work harder then most of the developers or whoever's in charge of reskinning zen store shinies. I know of atleast two mods from since I played WOI that should be on the payroll instead of making them work and calling it volunteering. Or maybe they pay them in free zen every month it's the least they can do with all the money they make.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Years ago i was made a mod (that was ages ago, lol), they are offering you some free stuff ingame for your trouble, that is how they compensate you. I think our mod here has some cosmetics freebies only not some enchantment or whatever, maybe a mount, fashions or a companion.
  • Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I do love positive threads :) This makes me smile :)
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for making a Forgotten Realms mmorpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . I am also thankful for finally having a Forgotten Realms MMORPG! I've been DMing FR for 20 years now and have always wanted to see a Forgotten Realms MMORPG ever since I started playing MMOs in 1997 and more so after I the other D&D MMO came into being. I got a glimpse of what an MMO would be like with the Neversummer Persistent module for NWN, which only exacerbated my desire. For me, this is a long time coming and I am truly happy and thankful. Thank you!
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The game is truly fun with a great combat engine. It's important for players to provide honest constructive feedback, but there are always those for whom the sky is falling when the smallest change is perceived as a nerf. When a change is truly awful, chances are it will be addressed once proven so.

The game is young, and the dev team is more accessible than in most games. Obviously they need to generate revenue and will refine their model with time and experience. I see a lot of potential in this game and look forward to seeing where it goes.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH