test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why award XP in Expansion?

astrozarastrozar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I fail to see the point why Quests in the expansion award XPs if you can only play the expansion as a Level 60 character which cannot level up any more anyway. :confused:

Or am I missing the point somewhere and there are "hidden" XP rewards beyond level 60?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Companions still need XP to rank up.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everyone's companions will be upgraded. Many of us have 6 companions that could use the extra XP to get them up to snuff quickly :p
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    Everyone's companions will be upgraded. Many of us have 6 companions that could use the extra XP to get them up to snuff quickly :p

Upgrading 6 companions? I wish I had the AD to justify that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valwryn wrote: »

At 300K ADs per Upgrade enjoy :p
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    astrozar wrote: »
    At 300K ADs per Upgrade enjoy :p

It is only 300k to upgrade from white to green. Then 500k and 750 to upgrade to blue and purple respectively.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Come on dont be silly people.

The level cap will not always be the same forever.

Once it gets raised it would be really bad design to have one zone that doesnt provide any XP. That plus companions leveling is all the reason that is needed to have XP rewards.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    At least the quests in the expansion are repeatable => redo for XP if Level Cap is ever raised.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't hold my breath on a level cap increase. I'm not saying its totally off the table. But, its worth pointing out that both Cryptics past two games, CO and STO, have yet to ever see a level cap increase.

Bumping up the level cap is often a ton of work with, new powers, new feats, new animations, balancing, new zones, ect. With often very little gain. You climb a few levels only to find yourself on pretty much the same plateau as before, just with a bit more elevation. And you've done so at the expense of all your previous end game and gear work.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People will also be acquiring new companions they'll want to be able to level up, even if they don't upgrade their existing ones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia