What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We're all getting respec tokens right?

2»

Comments

• prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    As has been said, class "balances" aka "nerfs" should ALWAYS come with a free respec. So how about it PWE?

They should, but will they? Do you really think they #care?

We all know the answer to that question and even if, that doesn't remedy the mess they've caused with their "business model".
  • caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    percefus wrote: »
    You seem to forget a lot of mmo's don't have enchantments that cost huge amounts of money to de-socket either. The money grubbers at PW will take every chance they can get to fleece their flock as much and as often as possible. It's a great business model for investors and a terrible model for players....

If they wanted to fleece people they wouldnt have sales, the store wouldn't be mostly cosmetic and QoL items and you wouldnt be able to buy Zen with AD.

Whilst alot of MMOs don't have enchantments that cost alot they do have other money sinks. Will your friends complain and want a refund when they release new content with better items or increase the level cap?
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Please don't insult people who pay for the game you play for free.

Gear is always outdated at some point anyway, via T3 or a nerf. That's expected. It happens all the time, and every update will do this kind of things.

I'm still waiting for an official statement about a free token respec. Well, they better give one, because a lot of people will be upset if they don't. Mega nerfs like this always require build changes. I have to take back benefit of foresight on my cleric, for instance.

They choose to pay for it, nothing in this game forces you to spend real money unless you want stuff quicker.

I do agree that a respec is needed though, after such major changes.

Hell I think you should get a respec at 60, the build you use to level is different from the ones needed for level 60 PvP/PvE.
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I can understand being upset when things like this happen, it is a very valid emotional response.

The logical side of me expects when playing an ongoing online game for this to happen time to time though.

If you want to avoid a game that may change at some point in time you are pretty much relegated to games that are no longer in circulation or cartridge games.
  • goodoldkamegoodoldkame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    right.

balance should need free respec, always.

Even because this game force you to a maximum of 2 chars (unless paying, ofc). I couldnt decide to reroll a char for new specs.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm loving all the people saying "yeah they should've known nerfs were incoming, lol: l2p mmos hahahah".

You're totally missing the point: making your character more powerful, getting them to the very peak of their abilities with the best gear...that's a huge part of this sort of game. It's not like the game has a fixed endpoint, so arguably the only real 'goal' is getting the best gear.

If you are constantly afraid that whatever you're striving to get (be it a full stalwart set or whatever) is suddenly going to become trash overnight due to a balance patch that you yourself have zero control over...why should you bother investing ANY time or ANY money?

Devoting hours of effort to getting virtual armour for a virtual person is silly enough: imagine if you also have no guarantee that you'll even get decent virtual armour at the end of it? "Well done! You collected the whole set! But sorry, the princess is in another castle and also your set bonus is now something stupid instead."

I'm amazed at how mishandled this seems to be, it's practically a "how to lose consumer confidence 101" session.