test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We're all getting respec tokens right?

invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I mean, we are, aren't we?
Post edited by invalidobject on

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dream on. Dream on.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would assume so. Last time they did a major skill overhaul, everyone got a free character respec.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they do again. It really wouldn't surprise me if they do, last time they 'balanced' everything, they did. And, once again, it looks like some pretty major changes are coming. First going live, then Feywilds, Wonder if this will happen with every major release.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Respec isn't all that people need. And by the way, I highly doubt you'll get it.

What about players who dropped cash to get the right armor set they wanted? Socketed Rank 8-10 Enchants or Tenebrous? There are a couple GF in my guild who are furious now because their entire build/concept/spec just went to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Respec isn't all that people need. And by the way, I highly doubt you'll get it.

What about players who dropped cash to get the right armor set they wanted? Socketed Rank 8-10 Enchants or Tenebrous? There are a couple GF in my guild who are furious now because their entire build/concept/spec just went to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Is this their first MMO? you get balance patches all the time and thinking that 1 build will always be the most viable is niave.

I've played MMOs for long enough to know that if a build seems awesome and powerful then it will get hit with the old nerf bat at somepoint.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Yah, stalwart users need to be able to remove there enchantments. Many players have spent alot of time and money putting high lvl enchants into the armor. As long as those players can remove there enchants free of charge then i see no issue.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    caelith wrote: »
    Is this their first MMO? you get balance patches all the time and thinking that 1 build will always be the most viable is niave.

I've played MMOs for long enough to know that if a build seems awesome and powerful then it will get hit with the old nerf bat at somepoint.
    This.

Yeah, it sucks when it's your own character that's affected, but I haven't encountered a single MMO/multiplayer game that hasn't had some major build changes/nerfs/balancing tweaks or whatever your choice of term may be, sometimes even years later. It's just ... kinda the way it goes. No one tied anyone to a chair and physically tortured anyone to pay real cash to equip a chr...not even a subscription fee.

So to repeat: yeah, it sucks at times. But MMO's ... that's kinda their thing, it seems. Would be nice to have another freebie respec, tho.
  • Options
    streea6streea6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    people seem to be missing the point. The balance/nerf isn't the real issue. The astral spent for armor/enchants/transmogs are going to be a loss.Thats an issue. if it happens to some now,it will happen to everyone at some point. Bad soup....
    Lolth Tlu Malla!!! Jal Ultrinan Xah Xundus!
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same difference, imo. You make more AD and the world rocks along. Things change, sometimes you have to adjust. It's not a single-player game that gets a couple patches then never changes forevermore.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    streea6 wrote: »
    people seem to be missing the point. The balance/nerf isn't the real issue. The astral spent for armor/enchants/transmogs are going to be a loss.Thats an issue. if it happens to some now,it will happen to everyone at some point. Bad soup....

That's the risk you take, any experienced MMO player knows that sooner or later every piece of top tier gear now will be outclassed by new gear or nerfed. If they want to spend real money pimping their gear out, then they know that one day their money will be wasted.
  • Options
    kieronblackkieronblack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    That's the risk you take, any experienced MMO player knows that sooner or later every piece of top tier gear now will be outclassed by new gear or nerfed. If they want to spend real money pimping their gear out, then they know that one day their money will be wasted.

Exactly it. MMOs change. Sometimes, your build will be tossed and you will have to relearn your class just going from patch to patch to patch.

Gear also progresses over time, so all that money those people are spending on that current top build will eventually be money for a build that is no longer viable.

It's the nature of MMOs, and always has been since the late 1990s.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Yes but your friends are stupid for spending a dime on the game in the first place. They do know its a F2P model game, they got sucked into spending cash just like most people did. Its how a f2p game makes way more money then a subscription game does. Well they make more money as persay a subgame with lower player numbers. I person willing to spend money on a f2p game ends up spending way more per month then a sub-game takes in. This is why more and more people are staying away from the f2p model games.
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my GF doesnt need a respec token, it needs a reimbursement token. making the gear as useless as it is now because it needed some "minor" tweaks is ridiculous.

/rage
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    j1709 wrote: »
    Since devs will start balances and changes to both feats and powers for classes, it would be appreciated if we players could get a complimentary reset in order for us to re-plot our characters in line with the game's changes.

This was brought up today internally. A decision was not yet reached but it is still being decided for sure. Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer at the moment.
  • Options
    demecusdemecus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the challenge is that with f2p games where very specific enhancements are essentially purchased to fulfill a role it 'feels' more brutal to have some of it made null. The mechanics work the same in sub games but it is less biting - though again identical.

On a side note Im kind of chuckling about the TR ending up getting the one nerf where last month everyone thought it would be the new ubergimp class. Just complain where it counts - pw is VERY maleable in regards to feedback so I wouldn't fret.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    demecus wrote: »
    I think the challenge is that with f2p games where very specific enhancements are essentially purchased to fulfill a role it 'feels' more brutal to have some of it made null. The mechanics work the same in sub games but it is less biting - though again identical.

Very insightful post.

The key point is that in an MMO things change, but when you can turn real money into game currency and then buy items, it feels more of a shock when they get rebalanced than in an MMO where you can only earn better items by playing the game.
  • Options
    goodoldkamegoodoldkame Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it seems to me this all went offtopic.

Sorry for who spent money, but as said, that's normal mechanics. The games change for balancing (more or less..) . Some things are to be lost , some not.

Will we receive respec tokens as last time?
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Will we receive respec tokens as last time?

Nothing has been said yet, which means no. They're not too pricey, so feel free to break out your wallet or convert AD to Zen.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I hope we do get one, but I can't complain if we don't. I had not spent any real world money on this game, and other than a few surveys to get enough Zen to respec one character; not even any Zen.

I just don't believe the game is good enough value or DnD enough for me to fork out money. Maybe I am no economy expert and maybe the prices that would tempt me would be too cheap for the hardcore farmers. But a 15% offer won't even make my pocket twitch, let alone my wallet. AD are open to some debate, but Zen items 'cost' twice as much as they should in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope we do get one after so many nerfs. I'll have to change several feats and pick several different spells on two of my characters now. Not because i want to but because i have to adapt to changes the devs plan to make.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Let the fun begin
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't if it was said in this thread, but on preview shard section of the forums dev stated they are talking about giving everyone a Respec but its not official if they will or will not. You best to assume no and that way your surprised if they do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's what Panderus (from the Cryptic studio team ) said about a free respec for everybody after Fury is released -
    panderus wrote: »
    This was brought up today internally. A decision was not yet reached but it is still being decided for sure. Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer at the moment.

Taken from this thread so maybe , just maybe... http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?447201-Release-Notes-NW-5-20130812b-2&p=5639901&viewfull=1#post5639901
  • Options
    caelithcaelith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    To be honest I think a free respec should always come with any class balance changes.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree. Could also be they're still discussing it (instead of it being finalized) because some people (e.g. me) haven't used their free respecs from Open Beta -- maybe they're working out whether or not it's a problem if certain people have two free respecs.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    I agree. Could also be they're still discussing it (instead of it being finalized) because some people (e.g. me) haven't used their free respecs from Open Beta -- maybe they're working out whether or not it's a problem if certain people have two free respecs.

Last time they gave out the free respec it didn't stack with the one that the people who bought the hero of the north pack or whatever the thing was called.
  • Options
    prosper0theoneprosper0theone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    mrsmon wrote: »
    my GF doesnt need a respec token, it needs a reimbursement token. making the gear as useless as it is now because it needed some "minor" tweaks is ridiculous.

/rage

We all need one. Will we get one?
  • Options
    percefuspercefus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    caelith wrote: »

You seem to forget a lot of mmo's don't have enchantments that cost huge amounts of money to de-socket either. The money grubbers at PW will take every chance they can get to fleece their flock as much and as often as possible. It's a great business model for investors and a terrible model for players....
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45696675&dateline=1374083559
    A Proud Member Of THE 300 Guild - Tene's are nothing but P2W, Nerf or Remove please!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes but your friends are stupid for spending a dime on the game in the first place. They do know its a F2P model game, they got sucked into spending cash just like most people did. Its how a f2p game makes way more money then a subscription game does. Well they make more money as persay a subgame with lower player numbers. I person willing to spend money on a f2p game ends up spending way more per month then a sub-game takes in. This is why more and more people are staying away from the f2p model games.

Please don't insult people who pay for the game you play for free.

Gear is always outdated at some point anyway, via T3 or a nerf. That's expected. It happens all the time, and every update will do this kind of things.

I'm still waiting for an official statement about a free token respec. Well, they better give one, because a lot of people will be upset if they don't. Mega nerfs like this always require build changes. I have to take back benefit of foresight on my cleric, for instance.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As has been said, class "balances" aka "nerfs" should ALWAYS come with a free respec. So how about it PWE?