test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about accumulating AD

marc5ivermarc5iver Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am an MMO newb but have been loving Neverwinter. I have been going back and forth about the way I think I will be able to accumulate AD faster. I have been using the AD I made to get me up to 7 alts so I can do more professions. 4 of them are 30+ level (giving me 4 Professions slots, with one profession over level 10) and 3 of my alts are around level 15 (with only two profession slots).

Would I be better off to get all 7 alts at level 30+ to open up at least 4 professions slots for each (assuming one profession is level 10+ by then) or just get one alt up to level 60 and hope to be able to sell stuff on the AH? Or am I going about it all wrong with either of these options?

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Invest in 4 of the same kind of blue crafting dudes (usually platesmiths are cheapest). Have each character in turn perform a level one mass-gather or mass-material-prep task to unlock 100% speed bonus slot. It doesn't matter if it's a profession you don't want to train; you're just doing it to unlock the slot.

You can resell the crafting dudes or keep them as a basic investment if you intend to keep buying more character slots for an alt-army. If keeping them, invest in dudes for a craft you intend to train all the way up, as they will remain useful for that as well.

Edit: You won't have any trouble eventually getting everyone to level 30 with a steady course of Leadership and invocation, esp with the speed bonus slot unlocked. Play them when you feel like it and don't worry about focusing too much on your "main".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The best way to make money is to be one of the first to sell the new top end gear. Obviously you are not yet in that position, as you need good gear and a set group to have a good chance of this. the proposed changes will also make this harder since items form the DD chest which were previously Bind on Equip will now be Bind on Pickup and so unsellable to other players. Nonetheless if you are after AD you would probably be best off getting a single character, preferable a CW or TR to 60 and running high level dungeons for loot to sell.

It will take you 2-3 months to get Leadership to a high level so that is something you can also work on in the mean-time for a (comparatively) small but continuous source of AD and gold.