Install Arc
Options

Nerf to Stalwart Bulwark

12346»

Comments

• Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    This ended the game for me, I got nerfed out of rogue, CW, and don't like GWF/DC playstyles. Its bad enough how narrow, bugged, and pointless pvp is in this game, but now... CYA NERDS!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You received a free respect token. That will respec your character completely including powers, feats and post creation attributes.
    Does it come with the 3 mill itll cost me to unequip my useless-wart set?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    These forums are so ignored. lol.
  • Options
    xzdvkrxzdvkr Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah, this didn't kill my game playing experience but i'm not spending another dime
  • Options
    gueveraguevera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I worked long and hard to get this set just to get screwed out of the value of the set bonus! I don't care if they take it from me but they need to give me back a refund of the AD by letting me sell my Stalwart set to an NPC for what I paid for it! Plus the wasted lvl 7 enchants.
  • Options
    rangerbeastrangerbeast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    di3xzj wrote: »
    "stalwart bulwark: This set has been reworked. The new effect is as follows: When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of stalwart bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of stalwart bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks."

hi guys, i just red the new patch note and tought "is today 1st of april? This must be an april fool".first, i want to point out that i'm not a rage kid 1!11 but the nerf at stalwart bulwark is so bad. The set was a bit op as it grant defense and high level of power trough the 4-set bonus. The real problem is not the nerf on the set it-seft but all the enchantment/dye/edit spent on it will be lost and this seems to be a way to make all gf spend ad for buy all enchantment again or save them from their currently gear. Now i'm gonna cover the possible idea wich lead the developper make this decision.

"we wanted to rework the set, making it comparable to other t1" : Seems a good idea, as gf were the only class where t1 was stronger then t2 (except maybe for the archmage set for cw) but wait .. They changed a bonus that gives around ~9000 power with one that gives 200 damage in a 10 stack build time, stack that are even harder to get and impossible to mantain.. This make the set useless like all t1 in the game.. Even newbies that reach lvl 60 from now on, will choose knight captain or pvp t1 set istead of that.

"guardian fighter were made to be a tank class" : Well, if this is the reason then there must be a competitive spec/set that can be usefull as a conqueror hybrid build. No defensive set can compete with conqueror in terms of utility. With a tank set you will gain like 4% of damage reduction and loose tons of power/crit/recovery and arp and it will be hard to compete against group of adds that will make loose your shield meter in less then 3 second, while with a conqueror build you will facetank them and hold more aggro.

"the set was used by 90% of gf and we wanted different kind of build" : The change on stalwart will lead to a massive switch on timeless hero set that provide more base power and recovery while making us loose like 1/2% of our damage reduction as it provide less defense but a +1 in armor class. From now on 90% of gf will use timeless hero, so no change if this was your idea.

"that set was too powerfull, even more then t2" like i said before this is true but then you need to find out how to let people, that spent ad on it, to take their enchantment back. Now common gf with rank 7 and greater negation/soulforged will need to spend 350k ad (700k if you care about utility slot) and start working on a new set, this is wrong in many ways.

"we will introuce a new set and want people to work for it" with the 22th of august a new patch will be introduced togheter with a new set. This new set called legendary iliyanbruen set have all defensive attribute (recovery/defence/deflection/regeneration) and the bonus will fill your guard meter by 45% over 5 second upon taking damages with 1 min icd (internal cooldown). If i want to be a full tank i will choose another set for sure, so this is in my opinion a useless set. If you wanted us to farm for a new set then you must know 90% of gf use a conqueror hybrid build and create a set for them, maybe less powerfull then stalwart but with t2 stats, in this way the majority of player would choose to work for that, even just for trying new thing.

Conclusion: I undestand that stalwart bulwark set is maybe too powerfull and also a t1 set so my idea is to nerf it a bit, maybe with a maximum of 3 stack, or to switch it with a t2 set (first set that come to mind is the high general as it is less powerfull then the knight captain in terms of utility) and make it a t2 set maintaining its stat.

If you have any thoughts on this change i encourage you to comment on this post, also if you have any idea that pushed the developper to change this set i will be glad to add it on the list.

P.s. Sorry for my english, i'm not a native english speaker.

i have just found out about this and its total bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I was protector spec and had every item slot rank 9.
    A few weeks ago i changed to full dps build, doing this i spend real money getting enough ad to take back my enchantments and buying difference rank 9 enchantments for a dps build.
    I just finished enchanting everything on my stalwart set only now to find they got rid of the set bonus.
    This has stuffed everything for me, every stat i had was all to relate off the set bonus.
    Now if i want to keep playing the game i would have to buy all new enchantments and a new armor set, oh wait,, make that everything, all my rings, neck and waist will have to be changed too as my choice were only the best for use with the stalwart set.
    I have respected 3 different times using the stalwart set since the release of neverwinter , i have spent big big money making sure my stats are perfect with the stalwart set.
    How is this fair?
    You cant just change a set bonus with little notice.
    I agree it was a powerful set for t1 and better then most of the t2's. But is that our fault that the makers of the game stuffed it up. Af far as we know that's how the set was made and that's how it's going to stay. If we were in open beta i would fully understand but since the game has been released you would think from a clients point of view, the stalwart's set if how it was meant to be.
    So as for me spending close to 1k real money, let alone all the long nights making in-game ad and farming, all to make my stalwart set better, how is this fair?
    The first thing at least you should do is give us the power to unbind everything for free.
    But even that wont get back all the time and real money i have put into this game.
    If nothing is done about this change ill be moving to a different game and look into seeking legal action.
    Regards
    headshotmgo
  • Options
    marricusmarricus Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Not the first MMO that has changed gear stats or nerfed abilities. Personally the way DAOC did it was generally good. In quite a few cases you got to hand in your items and received a new version. This could be achieved as an item swap or receiving AD for the hand in. It would be easy to check if the item had enchants and add further AD back. At least then you would have a choice. Just nerfing a set used by most GF's in this manner is asking for trouble.

The endgame material is so broken it beggars belief. Seems 90% of dungeon runs are nothing but run - die - run - die spank a boss and it's done. Hardly an experience worthy of the time developers put into the artwork and layouts of these dungeons. The tank classes are the worst of any MMO I've ever played and now they are not even required. 2CW, 2DC and a TR setup is common now for quite a lot of dungeons. Roll on Camelot Unchained!
  • Options
    afriellafriell Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    I am not a very old or even an old player of this game, but when i first saw the stats that this set give to GF i just said to myself "this is my set" for shore, well ive got the first piece and guess what, surprise surprise, this is not my set for shore lol, i even considered the chance that the game had more then one of those sets but finally yes its true the stats had been changed......

As usual this games have changes and very little or no compensation for players when those changes comes from a NA publisher in association with any developer, the truth is simple, the publisher generosity and care for player increase has you move from west to east.....

Well back to sets, after stalwark for a hibrid GF what is the best set in the game besides timeless now? PVP set seems good even the one from gauntlgrym, it gives good defence and good power but....it seems to be missing something anyway.

I saw someone saying here lets all make a strike againts the game and make servers empty.....well forget it, it will never work i come from RaiderZ since its begging at Open Beta and they dont change anything on the game even with empty servers, then good luck with your strike xD