What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerf to Stalwart Bulwark

Comments

• Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    oh ive read ur previous post and i completely agree with what you said on that post. its just that we have heard enough "you should have expected the nerf" post coz we get enough of those from the pro-nerf people(thats the only reason they have and keeps repeating it on every post, i guess they'll take any nerf they can). still doesnt justify how they could screw over set user's who already invested a lot on the set
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Leaving something in that is overpowered as a legacy effect may be more fair to those who already purchased the set...

But that's not fair to the rest of the players. If something in a game is out of balance it needs to be balanced rather than be made exclusive.
  • Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    If something in a game is out of balance it needs to be balanced rather than be made exclusive.
    balance. its the key word. but with this change they're just gutting those who invested on the set.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I'm not arguing that. ;)

The set needs to be balanced. My numbers show just how much of a hefty nerf is required to "balance" the set. 5-7% of HP is the absolute max that can be given to the set without it being outright overpowered as everything sits now.

No matter what in order to balance Stalwart Bulwark it will mean a hefty nerf.
    More of a nerf than most anybody will be happy with.

And grandfathering in existing sets is something I strongly oppose as it makes certain players who were lucky enough to have the set beforehand far more powerful than they should be.
  • Options
    sxarrsxarr Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i am glad i went for the timeless, i guess this set is the best for pvp now?
    MaxPower
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    yes pve the same roku has it as another option as well but mention that is sligthy better for pvp in th wwhole thread, in any case i was lucky to get both sets, but still thinking in the perfect build for timeless hybrid since i like the DPS but also love the tankiness and you normally lose that with timeless alone, so i might sacrifice some power in order to regain the tankiness
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They should simply remove 4 of the 5 procs to the set, leaving ONE proc... that gives it the 5% to be inline with every other T1 set in the lineup WITHOUT forcing everyone to dump their toon.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why are people calling it a "nerf"?
    its not a nerf, its a new set with same stats and a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 4/4 set bonus..

"we should expect a nerf" its what most of you have said... yeah NO!!
    not after 3 months, this is NOT beta anymore...
    NOt without having a better choice...
    NOT without any upgrades from new module..
    i would NOT complain about this set if the new module have brought any upgrades to gear, but like what i saw on Mimic server, we have no upgrades....
    A new module with worse gear that the previous instalment is ridiculous btw...

Have i told you that its NOT beta? or you will do this every single time? if so i will NOT invest any more time and money on this game, because the next month you will probably destroy another set and i will have fear of losing AD and time all over again...
    having said that i realize that i will probably quit this game.... a tier set should be changed on BETA , maybe nerfed on LIVE but not to this extent, because this is not a nerf, its a new set.... and if i cant have the security to play the game because tomorrow maybe you will waste my time and money again, i will not play it...
    " hey players have invested 3 months of their time, millions of AD in enchants, transmutes, dyes, lets screw them and destroy the set that they choosed and invested on..."

So what this means is that i LOST about 3 Million AD, 3 months of my time, for nothing.... i dont even care about the change anymore, i only care about the time and money i wasted on this 3 months..

again if the new gear in Feywild was an upgrade noone would come to complain about stalwark on the foruns, but again like i said a new module with no upgrades is ridiculous,its genious in work right here....
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rogues complain in a 100+ reply thread about their nerfs, the devs reply and back down.

GF do the same, no dev reply to even acknowledge the concern =/

And the GF hurts so much more since many of us spent several million AD on this set - and have to spend several mil more to acquire a functional set now, while the TR nerf required at most a re-spec (which is being provided free).
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Leaving something in that is overpowered as a legacy effect may be more fair to those who already purchased the set...

But that's not fair to the rest of the players. If something in a game is out of balance it needs to be balanced rather than be made exclusive.
    Leaving GF T1 gear which could be equipped by low levels wasn't fair either. I heard that they intended to leave it like that "because it was their mistake", though that may have just been made up by someone.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    They should simply remove 4 of the 5 procs to the set, leaving ONE proc... that gives it the 5% to be inline with every other T1 set in the lineup WITHOUT forcing everyone to dump their toon.

What you post make no sense. Which T1 Set give you 4k+ stats??? Especially 8k+ on Con? Don't defend an stupid overpowerd set!

@blind: Chances happen every time in mmo. If you waste real money, it's your shame. Not the devs. If you play only to sink money, then you have to think about what game mean!
    QQ every time is stupid - qq my xyz feat/skill isn't so good as the improved xyz feat/skill or it was nerfed! Now i have to spend 3k$ again to build the perfect char again. Q.Q
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    taht is true no Dev has reply to any to the threads, thi sis a major issue that is affecting all GF that spend a lot into their sets, for an everyone happy story cryptic should give 1M AD to all GF owners to their GF character, made it rough if you want, but please acknoledge that tis change is affecting complete builds and people already spend between 1.5M to 3 M in their respective sets, but anyway i think i will not happen and we have to move on, or complete quit lol we will probably see a lot less GF around XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    What you post make no sense. Which T1 Set give you 4k+ stats??? Especially 8k+ on Con? Don't defend an stupid overpowerd set!

@blind: Chances happen every time in mmo. If you waste real money, it's your shame. Not the devs. If you play only to sink money, then you have to think about what game mean!
    QQ every time is stupid - qq my xyz feat/skill isn't so good as the improved xyz feat/skill or it was nerfed! Now i have to spend 3k$ again to build the perfect char again. Q.Q

You should read my post again....

and btw if i spend MY money on a game its MY choice and none of your business... infact you should really think a bit,and say TY to everyone that sink money on this game.. because without people spending money, no F2P game survives... or you think that you play NVW by magic or by the kindness of Cryptic and PWE heart? stop living in the dreamworld plz..

and i had to spend money to get my 4/4 stalwark.... every single piece i was able to farm except the Head because 80% or more of the base players of this game dont have the brainpower to finish that dungeon,because killing adds/focusing healers(forgot their names) and moving out of aoes is too much for them....
    and after many many many unsucessfull trys, and some sucessfull ones where after 45minutes EPIC dungeon we get a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> blue drop on the last boss,i just gave up and bought it on the AH...

and the "changes" part, again i redirect you to my post.... i know that changes happens, in every game... im no stranger to MMos, but i admit that i am probably spoiled for playing WoW for 7 years before i quit the Pandaland...you cant talk all the **** you want about that game, but after any Tier Set went live, i never had to trash it after geming and enchanting it because as far a i can remember they never changed to a completly diferent thing....
    yeah they nerfed some,tweaked anothers but they knew what they were doing (but not anymore in my opinion)...

but that is not the thing that is going on here..there is no nerf, there is no tweaks, thats a totatly DIFERENT SET BONUS ( and a useless one btw, with things like this i wonder if they even PLAY the game they are making or know someone that do, go read again the bonus set and tell where does it fits on current state of dungeons)...

that is what BETA and MIMIC servers are for....
    not on LIVE after 3 months, after people spending countless frustrating hours farming a dungeon over and over again, after spending thounsands or more in AD for their enchants , dyes and transmutes for the right looks, etc...
    if the change was for an upgrade i would shut up and follow the new carrot on a stick chasing the new gear and forgetting about the time,effort and money i spent on Stalwark.. but that is not the case here...

i expected a nerf, i admit that its too good for a T1 set.... maybe reducing the 5 stacks to 3stacks, maybe lowering the % gained from our HP, that i would be fine with...it sucks but thats an MMo thing....

But completly changing a set like this is jus wrong...
    and again, if we had any, ANY upgrade thats was worth it on Module 1 i would not complain.... but hey guess what, from all that i saw on Mimic server, there is not.... maybe except the weapons.... thats just right there a wrong move, making a new module of the game with worse gear than the previous one...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Leaving GF T1 gear which could be equipped by low levels wasn't fair either. I heard that they intended to leave it like that "because it was their mistake", though that may have just been made up by someone.

They did leave the items but there were two huge differences.

1 - Once you reached level 60 (doesn't take long at all) you were back on a fair playing field so it was a short term advantage. Grandfathering these sets would be a permanent advantage.

2 - The set items became "antiquated" and would only work with other "antiquated" item pieces. Therefore if you reached level 60 and did not have a full set of antiquated gear (which is no longer available in the game) you were still at a disadvantage and would need to gather a whole new set anyway.

I hope this explains the massive difference between the temporary advantage of the other set and the permanent advantage of grandfathering these sets into the game. :)
  • Options
    sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    You guys don't get it dont you?
    People will spend money when they are happy.
    GF isn't a class that makes you happy when you play.It makes you take the game more seriously,because you are the thin(very thin) wall between,kite and run and leaving the rest of the team "have fun" attacking the boss.Because yes it's funnier attacking doing stylish abilities and have to dodge one attack,by simply clicking shift.
    So,less GF in the game means more of the other classes.Resulting in bigger profit.That's the reason no dev answers here.They simply don't care.They are too rich to care.
    All in all i hope their plan backfires.I spend 60 euros in 3 weeks because this game was simply amazing.didn't care that it was unbalanced.You could at least play with many ways in every class.
    As for ambisinisterr,he is a mod.He is getting paid to "calm you down".Same in every game.Open your eyes you fools.He says he doesn't agree and that "he is with you".If he was really,he could have said to devs your demands.Do you see any dev around? And before anyone says he can't do that or he isn't getting paid,i was a forum mod in other games for over 4 years.they are getting paid good.
    As for intopic now,yes this set is useless now compared to what it was before.But it's still usable.I will keep using it just because i simply can't buy a new one.As most of the players will do.
    That's all i had to say.Most of them will not probably make much sense because i am somewhere between angry and dissapointed.Andry because i spent my money for this ****ty company.Dissapointed because i went from the greediest company of all (inno) to the second greediest.Oh well,time to find the third i think.Good luck to you all.I hope this game fails miserably the rest of it's life (we all know ESO will swallow it the moment it comes out*)

ps* Probably that's why they milk this game.Getting as much milk as possible before the "lion king" is born and starts feeding?
  • Options
    razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What everyone is saying here is basically overshadowing the fact that CW, TR, AND GWF all are getting nerfed at the same time as Stalwart. Therefore, saying the GF will be useless after this change isn't true at all. The 3 CW runs are going to be severely hindered by the loss of infinite AP and 30 second crit boons, so GF will still be very necessary after this change, probably more than they ever have been.

As I stated earlier, I agree that some kind of reimburse for AD lost to resetting gear should be put into effect, but to say that GF becomes a useless class after this is just stupid....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    razzthom wrote: »
    What everyone is saying here is basically overshadowing the fact that CW, TR, AND GWF all are getting nerfed at the same time as Stalwart. Therefore, saying the GF will be useless after this change isn't true at all. The 3 CW runs are going to be severely hindered by the loss of infinite AP and 30 second crit boons, so GF will still be very necessary after this change, probably more than they ever have been.

As I stated earlier, I agree that some kind of reimburse for AD lost to resetting gear should be put into effect, but to say that GF becomes a useless class after this is just stupid....

yeah because nerfing a char is the same as destroying a Tier set after 3 months of Live game...they did not nerf it, they destroyed it...

and the "blabla bla the GF will be needed more than ever bla bla bla" i've heard that before, and guess what,even after the changes (good ones i admit) they made on the GF treath i still get kicked everytime i queue for CN...
    i only get to do CN if i make my own party, and even that is hard sometimes because when they acept the party invite they see a GF , laugh and leave....it doesnt matter if we dont let anyone die by getting agro on everything leaving our team to sit there to do DPS at will, doesnt matter how good we kite, how good our dps is..
    so the "GF will be needed more than ever " part is again bull****! some groups will love us, some will hate us, most of us can live with that!
    but thats not the complain.... noone is saying the GF is useless...
    most of us (from what i can read on this topic) are pissed because we feel cheated, we feel that we wasted our time and money... and having players thinking that they wasted their time is one of the worst things a MMO game can do, thats what makes people leave...
    and tell me,who can garantee that if we shut up and suck it up,in 1 month or 2 they will not do that to another tier set wasting our time and money again?
    you can?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sakiz105 wrote: »
    As for ambisinisterr,he is a mod.He is getting paid to "calm you down".Same in every game.Open your eyes you fools.He says he doesn't agree and that "he is with you".If he was really,he could have said to devs your demands.Do you see any dev around? And before anyone says he can't do that or he isn't getting paid,i was a forum mod in other games for over 4 years.they are getting paid good.

Please do not spread false information. I do not get paid anything and trust me at this point I wish I was because I am currently between jobs and extremely strapped for cash. :p

My posts are my opinions and my opinions alone unless I specifically state that the information is from Cryptic or PWE. They do not tell me to do anything except enforce the rules of the forums. :)

That being said, those whom's ear I do get to speak into have heard my complaints but my voice is no more or less important than yours. I can only point them to the feedback. I have no doubt they are watching and listening but they have to be cautious in how they respond.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ok don't give us the AD but give us something like exchange the set for the formian weapon/shield set, at least we are not going to feel cheated
  • Options
    ihavenoname1ihavenoname1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    **** THE DEVELOPERS, way to ruin pvp completely for me. OH and I want my 400k AD back....
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was previously going to write a long-winded article in a reply about what the problems are and a few suggested solutions, but I have elected to say nothing, seeing as the developers don't really care what happens as long as they are making money. No free feat respec, despite changing how some of the feats work. Bravo, development team, way to screw over everyone who plays the game. And yes, my main character is a guardian fighter, as well. I had high hopes for this game since it bears the forgotten realms lore and such but the developers continue to disappoint me at every turn.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No free feat respec, despite changing how some of the feats work. Bravo, development team, way to screw over everyone who plays the game.

You received a free respect token. That will respec your character completely including powers, feats and post creation attributes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You received a free respect token. That will respec your character completely including powers, feats and post creation attributes.

I'm still not particularly happy but thanks
  • Options
    anynameavailwtfanynameavailwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A really sad day for GF's who invested a lot of time and effort on the stalwart set like myself, especially for those who saved their lunch money for it... there's just not enough words to express the disappointment and frustration on my part... but one thing is for sure... my game is completely ruined... sigh...
  • Options
    sirrreverssirrrevers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    THX PWE for waste of my time on this game iam a GF and iam inwest all me AD to Stalwart Set and Runes now i quiting nvm (about 2m AD) This is sad beter to put this set to T2 not to nerf to **** set that is now like normal armor parts with no skill on 4/4 for my build with this new set rebuild is hard to keep agro on me thx.
  • Options
    fleberedflebered Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    where is the button i click to get my money back i spent way to much of my zen to build this set to have to start over. I am now at the bottom of the dps ranks and am having a real hard time keeping aggro i dont mind changing my gear but its ridicules to break something and not compensate for it
  • Options
    pongski14pongski14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im a GF user,the nerf on stalwart bulwark was a big dissapointment to the GF's using it. and spend money to buy it. the new effect is a trash. its very hard to obtain that 10 stacks of power. and there's no time for us GF to maintain it. i already spend my money on buying enchantments and enhancements now they are useless..
  • Options
    xzdvkrxzdvkr Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    royal ****over, i spent like 1 mil ad and a whole lot more on the enchants to get this **** set and now it's useless to the effect i was expecting, i could of kept saving for the timeless hero in stead of this.
    You should lower the amount it takes to remove the enchants and runes and **** from every bit of armor, it's ridiculous having to spent a zillion ad every time i need to change my armor, specially when i get screwed over by changed game mechanics cause people *****ed about it.

My post applies to every class and every piece of armor that gets changed like this, not just stalwart bulwark, honestly i don't even understand why we'd have to spend AD on unbinding stuff, except say a pet, but enchants is just moronic, promotes endless farming and takes way too much, you'll get people exhausted like this.
  • Options
    jomercenaryjomercenary Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    Hate what they did to the Stalwart set. I just saved enough AD to get the helm and now that I got they go ahead and do this to the set. Its totally useless now. The least they can do is to unslot all the enchantments on the set as compensation. This is not nerfing. The item set was completely changed.
  • Options
    distopiancitizendistopiancitizen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As people have stated real currency is involved for many on this situation. PWE has the ability to continue to profit financially from actions such as these for those loyal customers they decide to screw over with similar changes in the future.

Even though they are not an official business on the Better Business Bureau they have responded there previously. Send in a complaint on their website for resolution if you have spent real money and object to these kinds of changes.

Also there is a petition here to bring attention to these kind of practices here. Please sign this if you feel as though changes like this have violated your rights as a consumer.