test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about professions Rare?

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have level'd up to 20 for one of the professions. Obviously, I have made a lots of epic gemmed shirts and pants... It will still take some time until I make up the 6M AD I invested in these epic tools...

When I use the gateway and/or the client after not loggin for a few hours, I ALWAYS get the "RARE (Changing in 59mn)"...

I start wondering if that is MY clock, and not the server clock (that changes like every hour)...
I would assume that CHANGE clock would be shard-wide...

Can anyone confirm this? (I hope you know what I mean):confused:

Thanks
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I have multiple characters and at the same time they seem to all have different rare quests (same profession, same profession level), I have wondered how this works too. Perhaps its a seperate clock for each character, I don't know.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know exactly how the times are decided. Not all my characters are on the same update schedule. Right now 3 of them will have their rare tasks update in about a half hour but the last one will be in only 20 minutes.

I have noticed that it does always seem to be updating in 59 minutes for somebody when coming back from overnight or something, but the staggered times will still be present.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks! It looks like I wasn't dreaming after all...

There may be a buffer time because logging off and on doesn't change the clock. Maybe it resets after an hour without checking in...

I'd appreciate if Cryptic could provide more information regarding this.

Cheers!
  • bryhainbryhain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you've not logged in for some time and go to the professions screen it starts the 60 mins (which becomes 59 mins after 1 second) countdown to the next set of rares. The rares you get are unique to you (copy 1 character several times to test server and you'll see that each version of your character get their own rares). If you are logged in (whether you've logged out or not) when the 60 mins is up it resets and cycles the rares. If you log out and don't log in until after the 60 mins you'll get a new 60 mins based on when you log in and go to the professions screen once again.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thanks for the info!!