test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Quest]Patching things up. Dryad-Tree Wounds?????

powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
Forget it - Found them!
Post edited by powereddjinn on

Comments

• Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the edit :)
  • Options
    sprinklorsprinklor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great. I really need to know what these things are and nobody explained it.
  • Options
    verydrowsyverydrowsy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's still broken - please fix this. Ever since more people unlocked the realm of malabog, the other players' patches make the tree wounds go away and it appears it either takes forever for the wound to reset or never does.

I have spent ridiculous time running around on steed looking.

These should either be instance-type wounds (independent for each player) - or have a fast reset time (like in the second area with the little doors / gas clouds / etc.)

FIX!!!
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    verydrowsy wrote: »
    It's still broken - please fix this. Ever since more people unlocked the realm of malabog, the other players' patches make the tree wounds go away and it appears it either takes forever for the wound to reset or never does.

I have spent ridiculous time running around on steed looking.

These should either be instance-type wounds (independent for each player) - or have a fast reset time (like in the second area with the little doors / gas clouds / etc.)

FIX!!!

It is the same as with the flowers, first come - first serve. It's easy as that. Fix for it = show a bit patience.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Patience? It has been taking hours for people to find three dryads. It truly does not seem to be working as intended. I've been able to complete this quest once, at 2am, when there was practically nobody else around (too late for Americans, too early for the Euro-gamers to have showed up yet).

Most of the quest interactable objects in Feywild seem to be there per player. You can pick up an acorn or plant a seedling, and watch the guy standing next to you stoop down to do the same. Dryads are not functioning in the same way, and it is frustrating and disappointing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Simple work around people figured out in the game. Change instances to one with less players and look for the dryads. If you do not find them, change again.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    connaiaconnaia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yesterday it was possible to find dryad tree wounds after switching instances a few times but today they are nowhere to be seen; bug seems to have got progressively worse as more people have got access to the zone.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    connaia wrote: »
    Yesterday it was possible to find dryad tree wounds after switching instances a few times but today they are nowhere to be seen; bug seems to have got progressively worse as more people have got access to the zone.

I wonder if the quests are on different time tables for different players. It makes sense since I did not have the dryad quest today.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    I wonder if the quests are on different time tables for different players. It makes sense since I did not have the dryad quest today.

No, everyone gets the same quests every day. Friday's set of quests and Saturday's set of quest both had Patching Things Up so that is probably what he meant.
  • Options
    verydrowsyverydrowsy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I spent an hour switching instances with no wounds anywhere. There are too **** many people doing the quest now.
    The timer needs to be fixed. This is ridiculous.

And it IS different than with the poisoned elves / gas clouds / etc. in the prior region - those actually do seem to reset fairly quickly. You can sit at one of these trees for 10 minutes and there's no sign of any change.
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    I camped a single dryad tree yesterday for an hour....the mobs repopped every ~2.5 minutes and began interacting with an invisible dryad, but no dryad. I then tried all 9 different instances of the Realm of Malabog and lo, the same story, no dryads. It is broken and is listed in the upcoming patch notes for today (9-18-13), so it is a documented and known problem.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    This should be resolved from today's build push. please update this thread if you still run into any issues.
  • Options
    vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can confirm it is fixed. Lots of dryads needing their trees patched now.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings