Mount Hotenow is That zone

2»

Comments

• Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    idk I blew through it in a few hours, never thought about complaining
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You think it's bad now, you should have seen it before the 'temper tantrum' rocks in the caldera were removed, when the quest trails just all ended in solid rock walls and most of the interactive quest objects never appeared!

This was the zone where the everyone found out the launch date was not getting pushed back, so they had to 'finish' things :(
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . .I actually found it to resemble what I'd expect an active volcano to be like, Chaos. Does one really think an active volcano should be order and beauty, especially one over-run with denizens of fire and all sorts of other monsters? I don't think scrapping is the answer, perfecting though? Sure, theres elements that need work and fixing, but insulting the devs by telling them to trash it? Nah... Guess that's just me though.

Bull****. Volcanoes spew fairies, puppies, and rainbows. Everyone knows that...
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frankly it was easy on my CW, even in early beta.

never finished it on my DC. I actually went back once, after I had T1/T2 gear, and could have finished it easily, but I gave up after being knocked off a ledge into lava in the final dungeon for the 234023th time. FEH! suck8ss zone.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the enemy design is what tops it off. flamespikers... gawd every monster in karrandux is annoying, either have crazy stupid high HP or immune to controls and jump around all over the place, and spam red all over.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just skip it an go straight to WC. Usually at or around 56-58 anyway so just a few quests in WC to 60 then off to PE.
  • Options
    bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    First character as a cleric: I didn't like it because it made me feel mortal... I felt like a god (albeit one who killed elite mobs very slowly) for 50 or 55 levels, and there, I had to stoop to using health potions to survive.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    I just skip it an go straight to WC. Usually at or around 56-58 anyway so just a few quests in WC to 60 then off to PE.

Not a bad idea in general if getting to 60 asap is all you care about. But there are not many other places in the game where you get to solo tougher elites. Mount Hotenow has one quest just for that (3 "generals") and in addition two out of three of its solo instances have probably the most interesting solo elites from questing. I particularly like the Priest who turns a huge room into Hell as a GF! :)

Hotenow also has the only tough skirmish in the game except for possibly the final boss of WC's one (Aberrant Assault?).

Since for me, questing is about exploring the limits of my character's/class abilities and learning the class, especially solo since so much grouping is required in endgame, I would never skip Hotenow. I doubt you'd learn more about your class from anywhere else in the game, unless you are Cleric.