test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return to Login Screen still Defaults to Old Cryptic Username

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
. . . . . If you have an account that is merged with a PWE Account, when you log out to the client Log-in Screen, your displayed username will be your original Cryptic Username and not your current PWE Username. Logging in with your original Cyrptic Username does not work.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,908,296.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    well, not totally odd, just that, it seems when I log out my login is "remembered", but, instead of being my email address it's my account username, other times it's a string of characters like:

#1#40988979809822

not a big deal, but, it would be nice if it were consistent.

Oh, and I'm guessing the #1409 number is not something that people were intended to see.

ps - that's not my login, I randomized it in the same manner but changed the numbers :D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This is a known bug I keep reporting. Merging this with the bug report.
  • wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    Ironically, I have a completely unrelated user ID that is associated with a company I work with from time to time, and for whatever reason (no idea why) when I time out or otherwise lose connection, it defaults to that login, which absolutely has no PWE account or login, and is a user ID only used by me on this specific machine - yet somehow PWE decides that should be my login ID.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The launcher always remembers my actual log-in, but the game's log-in screen has always given me random numbers like stevebobb mentioned. I just enter my proper log-in, but I wonder -- does it even do anything if you attempt to log in with the number string?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I sometimes get that when changing character takes me to the login screen. I just put in my password and it logs me in fine.