test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lashing Blade

cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So I'm just bored and thinking out loud here but here goes.

Since lashing blade is a guaranteed crit from stealth you could theoretically have an all power/ArP build TR for PvP. At 30-40% ArP (Does it go that high? lol) and huge power even a GF could be one shotted if he was specced for damage no?

obviously this build would be terrible, but in PvP you could one shot ANYONE lol. We should all make this build if the nerf goes though, then we can see everyone else's "tears" on the forum how the nerf didn't work.
Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
Post edited by cribstaxxx on

Comments

• meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    it does go that high, use master assassin's set for the power bonus after using daily. I'm going to get full master's assassin's + just so I can do that next patch for my rogue. I hope we get nerfed again!

New patch notes would be:

Lashing blade will heal the target for max hp and accredit 500,000 Astral Diamonds to the healed player.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    obviously this build would be terrible, but in PvP you could one shot ANYONE lol. We should all make this build if the nerf goes though, then we can see everyone else's "tears" on the forum how the nerf didn't work.

But that's the thing, isn't it? If staying in stealth and doing damage is no longer a viable option, the only thing to do is use stealth to get in position and then maximize burst damage. I reckon people will get a lot more one-shots now than they ever did, simply because it's looking to be the only viable alternative now.

So if the idea was to cater to pvp whiners about the OPness of the TR, I'm placing my bet that the crying will not diminish, only grow louder and more nerfs will follow.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And yes, getting 1 shot because a player is wearing all greens at level 60 is working as intended.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice, if your wearing green at level 60 in pvp. Think about it. its like a car vs a dog. no <removed> ur gonna die. This DD if u don't know ur class shame on u. can't nerf things just beacuse alot of ppl don't know there classes. Any class can beat any class just what type of class u fight( TR perma-stealth or EXur. pure DPS). Im just saying if they get nerfed after this even wrost. i want my money back just can;t take haven ppl ***** about getting one shoted. find out why it happen i bet it won;t happen as much if u know why. i got beat by alot of classes u can take it or learn to fight agist. the right build DC or GWF u need the whole team to take them out
  • desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    But doesnt OP mean overpowered aka better then everyone else?
    That doesnt really compete with my 83% winrate against rogues as cleric, the weakest class according to the forums.

Are you really sure that you play your tank to full potential?
    Maybe you just forget to use encounter powers or something like that

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    And getting knocked once by a GF then getting 2 other knocks while you are laying on the floor making your enemy look like a bing pong ball is balanced indeed.

Atleast lashing blade is dodgable , while your GF's Daily knock up isn't.

About armor pen for rogues :

2.2k will give you around 22% resistance ignored. Higher than that will slighly increase the resistance ignored so i don't believe you can reach 40% as a rogue.

Yes, the GF daily is dodgable - you just have to know when. It's the same as blocking a lashing blade, you have to see the animation begin and block immediately. All GF attacks can be dodged, but a skilled GF specced with the gap closers can enjoy playing wallball with most TR's.

40% armor pen? Wow, that would be both excessive and amazing. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Yes, the GF daily is dodgable - you just have to know when. It's the same as blocking a lashing blade, you have to see the animation begin and block immediately. All GF attacks can be dodged, but a skilled GF specced with the gap closers can enjoy playing wallball with most TR's.

40% armor pen? Wow, that would be both excessive and amazing. :)

The thing is , if you fail to dodge a lashing blade you still have a chance to continue the fight or even react or maybe run away.

If you fail to dodge a GF's knock , you will be laying on the floor while the GF tossing you around with 2 other knocks and you will end up dead and you wont even be able to react.

Im not complaining nor asking for a GF nerf , i'm just stating the obvious that someone is clearly missing.

TR can still punish anyone in PvP even with nerfs ( if they respec to the right builds) , it is the PvE i'm kind of worried about at the moment.
    edited August 2013
    The thing is , if you fail to dodge a lashing blade you still have a chance to continue the fight or even react or maybe run away.

If you fail to dodge a GF's knock , you will be laying on the floor while the GF tossing you around with 2 other knocks and you will end up dead and you wont even be able to react.

Im not complaining nor asking for a GF nerf , i'm just stating the obvious that someone is clearly missing.

That's largely true, not to mention that a lashing blade can also miss if the TR blows the timing. :)
    The classes are markedly different and I find that my GF has a massive advantage in PvP over my TR.

edited August 2013

Indomitable Strength (daily) has an animation time that allows a dodge, yes, but Frontline Surge (encounter) casts almost immediately after the second keytap. That's the whole idea of that Bouncing Betty thing, near undodge-able first prone, and all the following ones can take however long you want.
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Indomitable Strength (daily) has an animation time that allows a dodge, yes, but Frontline Surge (encounter) casts almost immediately after the second keytap. That's the whole idea of that Bouncing Betty thing, near undodge-able first prone, and all the following ones can take however long you want.

Frontline Surge is absolutely fantastic, especially if you catch another GF with it or any other class who isn't paying attention. For a TR, it just means taking advantage of mobility to NEVER be in a GF's front arc. Daze/Stun them as soon as possible and then hit them with your hardest shots. If the GF is on their game and keeps blocking you, dodge and run away until you have more support.

• adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my usual reaction to frontline surge is knowing it's coming and pop ItC. it takes prediction but it generally gets you a few free hits while the GF is screaming OMGHAX in his mind. problem is the TR can roll through most GF attacks with a bit of prediction, pop itc, play from range and so on but as soon as you make a single mistake chainlock combo kills you.

bsically GF vs TR takes A LOT of skill on the TR part while the GF only needs to capitalize on any single mistake. also if help comes for the GF the TR must flee, if helps come for the TR the GF it's usually still a tough battle. the only thing that could help TR kill properly geared/played GF was LA (and that's a whole total of 2-3 times a match).

that said who cares, the TR is still going to be competitive in pvp, it's pve that will suck immensely.
    edited August 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    that said who cares, the TR is still going to be competitive in pvp, it's pve that will suck immensely.

Well, http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?429441-Trickster-Rogue-Changes

:)
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »

Fantastic, thanks! I hadn't seen that yet.

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yep devs listened to what we had to say, thats awesome! Glad to hear a couple complainers aren't going to ruin a class
  • trollmctrollertrollmctroller Banned Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7qEXuqBgw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUEl6htSXwlGVC4o6THBLIFQ

But people think rogues are broken??? CW One shotting Draco for over 1mil dmg in a single attack.
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7qEXuqBgw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUEl6htSXwlGVC4o6THBLIFQ

But people think rogues are broken??? CW One shotting Draco for over 1mil dmg in a single attack.

Wasn't that an acknowledged and fixed bug?

edited August 2013
    Wasn't that an acknowledged and fixed bug?

maybe acknowledge but the video was just posted 4 days ago so i doubt fixed.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    maybe acknowledge but the video was just posted 4 days ago so i doubt fixed.

It was a bug with Frozen power Transfer and it got fixed today.

TR is and will remain the PvE DPS superior.
    sominator wrote: »
    • Frozen Power Transfer Feat: Fixed an issue where this could extend the duration of all other effects on the Control Wizard.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    *the mage opens his arms wide as he unleashes a small portion of his silverfire into the thread, cleansing it of power-trolling*

(Please post-report on power-posting and trolling instead of replying to them. This will help in keeping threads from getting closed that become filled with replies to trolls. Thanks!)
  • massivewallmassivewall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited August 2013
    Blue Set Lethal piercing Victor... four pieces >>>> 4600 ArP >>>>30%
    not worth using blue set and get 30%
    with 2500 ArP you get 26%
    MassiveDMG TR 60 Half-Orc
    Fandangos TR 60 Half-Orc
    Massivewall GF 60 Human
    Massive GWF 60 Human

Server: Dragon
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    big time diminishing returns I see, well thankfully we won't have to use that b/c they toned down nerfs a lot =)
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    big time diminishing returns I see, well thankfully we won't have to use that b/c they toned down nerfs a lot =)

Toned down nerfs? Say it ain't soooooo that would be bad for a lot of players.
    edited August 2013

Yes clearing dungeons faster will be bad for alot of players..

And for PvP..
    Please don't argue about perma rogues , because we still have the sentinel regenration GWFs.
    edited August 2013
    Yes clearing dungeons faster will be bad for alot of players..

And for PvP..
    Please don't argue about perma rogues , because we still have the sentinel regenration GWFs.

Yes I agree Sentinel GWF's need to go as well. They get more life and deflect then a tank something is off there.
    edited August 2013

No, it would continue to annoy you since it will interfere with your stated goal of being tops on the damage charts. From what you have indicated, most of your problems with rogues stem from not understanding how their core mechanics work and wanting the core mechanic of your sole chosen class to be different.

The toned down nerfs are still significant but no longer class breaking.

edited August 2013
    No, it would continue to annoy you since it will interfere with your stated goal of being tops on the damage charts. From what you have indicated, most of your problems with rogues stem from not understanding how their core mechanics work and wanting the core mechanic of your sole chosen class to be different.

The toned down nerfs are still significant but no longer class breaking.

Nothing was class breaking before. When you are that high up on the food chain at least. Damage from stealth should still break it. I can dream I guess some day. Now we got these change done lets take a look at Impact shot and other things next.
    edited August 2013
    Nothing was class breaking before. When you are that high up on the food chain at least. Damage from stealth should still break it. I can dream I guess some day. Now we got these change done lets take a look at Impact shot and other things next.

Frontline Surge 30'range,10'cylinde 18 sec.
    You Knock back your enemies, sending them prone, allowing you and your allies to seize new ground.

Impact Shot

Single target ranged (40ft) damage, pushes enemy back. Can be used 3 times / encounter. Stealthed: Stuns target, costs no charges.

So please tell me how am i supposed to protect my self from your bing pong combo , if you want to nerf my impact shot too?
    edited August 2013

And no. It's astonishing to me how much time you seem to have devoted to demanding changes to other classes. Why don't you spend time working on your own class and skills? If you want to dream, dream about how to meet your goals without hurting others.

The initial nerfs were indeed class breaking as has been posted with considerable detail in a number of threads you were active in. Impact shot is a useful skill, but it's not one that all TR's use or spec for. So what's your problem with it?

edited August 2013
    And no. It's astonishing to me how much time you seem to have devoted to demanding changes to other classes. Why don't you spend time working on your own class and skills? If you want to dream, dream about how to meet your goals without hurting others.

The initial nerfs were indeed class breaking as has been posted with considerable detail in a number of threads you were active in. Impact shot is a useful skill, but it's not one that all TR's use or spec for. So what's your problem with it?

The funny part is , he is a decent GF i have personally went in 1 vs 1 situations with him . So i don't get why he is complaining about TRs.