test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership Profession

holthar1stholthar1st Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why are there no Rare - Epic Non Person Assets for leadership WTF?!?

I know technically there aren't any Tiers to Leadership...but there kind of are.

The Common and uncommon sword and armor DO give time benefits and or an increase in quantity of monies and AD's (not sure about any increases in either char or prof XP's).

Just another body of proof that the crafting in this game sucks gopher nuggets.

I won't do any of the other professions because there is really no point / benefit to do them except for pants and shirt. You cant even craft any awesome gear that's at-least comparable or the same as any of the end game gear like all other games have done.

Is this more proof that PW are ignorant of what we need / want or is it just another example of "they don't care enough to listen to their customers as long as their money store is raking it in like a Money Grubbing Slum Lord"???

It makes me wonder if they have any intention of being around for more than a year and their trying to get all they can before the end?

I'm not bashing PW, but the current state of direction (or lack there of) makes me wonder???

PW please fix the crafting TRAIN WRECK that you have designed to help keep those of us that really like to craft playing this game...................................
Post edited by holthar1st on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd rather like to see an increase of leadership experience gained from post lvl 15 tasks. Seriously, you can earn 800 exp from crafting mithral ore, but you only get 120 from any leadership task from lvl 13 until 20. Or you can craft 240 exp without any gain.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    . . .but you only get 120 from any leadership task from lvl 13 until 20. . .

Incorrect. Level 13 War Games Training gives 240XP every 8 hours. It's the best there is and it's still meh :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arabatur wrote: »
    Incorrect. Level 13 War Games Training gives 240XP every 8 hours. It's the best there is and it's still meh :(
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    ...but you only get 120 from any leadership task from lvl 13 until 20. Or you can craft 240 exp without any gain.

Read carefully.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arabatur wrote: »

And technically it's the same amount as the ones that give 120 every 4 hours. Although the 240 is the one people should be doing if going to bed or something. In which case add Tactical Training which gives 160 xp. With 6 slots open that's 1200 every 8 hours. Still a long slog to level 20 though. I just hit 18 on a second character and it's a bit depressing level 18-19 takes about the same amount of xp as 1-17 yet none of the tasks really increase the rate of xp like the other professions do.
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    And technically it's the same amount as the ones that give 120 every 4 hours. Although the 240 is the one people should be doing if going to bed or something. In which case add Tactical Training which gives 160 xp. With 6 slots open that's 1200 every 8 hours. Still a long slog to level 20 though. I just hit 18 on a second character and it's a bit depressing level 18-19 takes about the same amount of xp as 1-17 yet none of the tasks really increase the rate of xp like the other professions do.

It is depressing, but given that high-level Leadership creates AD, and at a fairly impressive rate, the developers are gonna err on the side of caution when it comes to allowing people to earn high-level Leadership. Whether the payoff is worthwhile for the individual is up for debate, but Cryptic has to design around the possibility that a significant portion of the population could vastly increase the money supply just by logging in twice a day.

It takes what? A little over two months at twice a day to max out Leadership? That amount of time seems punitive in relation to the leveling speed in this game (and indeed, in relation to the rate of progression in terms of high-end gear), but it's a drop in the bucket in traditional-MMO terms.

Call me a pessimist, but what concerns me more than the leveling speed of Leadership is the possibility that Cryptic will tune down Leadership mission rewards two or three months down the line.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yeah lv 20 leadership are either players that have being playing for quite long or..... bots
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pfft2 wrote: »
    It takes what? A little over two months at twice a day to max out Leadership? .
    yeah lv 20 leadership are either players that have being playing for quite long or..... bots

It will take most people MUCH longer than 2 months to max Leadership - realistically I'd say 4 to 8 months. I have been logging in twice per day since Open Beta started, and am only level 18.5 which is about 60% of the way to level 20.

So anyone who is 20 in Leadership already is either extremely dedicated, micro-managing every task or.....
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I am only level 18.5 and have been logging in twice per day since Open Beta started. Anyone who is 20 is either extremely dedicated or.....

Heh, yeah, it's possible: if you refresh tasks religiously (more than twice per day) and especially if you use high-quality assets (Adventurers or above), I could see someone having reached 20 within the last two weeks or so.

But man, you couldn't pay me to refresh tasks more than twice per day. :)

God bless 'em, if they're legitimately that dedicated.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do know someone who reached leadership 20 recently. Not sure what tier of dudes he's been using, but he would have had most of his slots unlocked from other professions, and has been playing since the very beginning of no-more-wipes.

I've found that Adventurers help a great deal with increasing the rate of levelling.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    It will take most people MUCH longer than 2 months to max Leadership - realistically I'd say 4 to 8 months. I have been logging in twice per day since Open Beta started, and am only level 18.5 which is about 60% of the way to level 20.

So anyone who is 20 in Leadership already is either extremely dedicated, micro-managing every task or.....

Yup, I got 3 Heroes, 3 Adventurers. LOL and now Im enjoying my level 20 rewards. it's time to earn back all the investment. :p
  • lagoulasselagoulasse Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It isn't probably a bug but I am still wondering why, while creating a hero through 4 adventurers, it is not validating the profession slot for having successfully done a tier 3 task?
    If someone could inform, it would be greatly appreciated as GM answer is of absolute no use...
    Many thanks in advance
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lagoulasse wrote: »
    It isn't probably a bug but I am still wondering why, while creating a hero through 4 adventurers, it is not validating the profession slot for having successfully done a tier 3 task?
    If someone could inform, it would be greatly appreciated as GM answer is of absolute no use...
    Many thanks in advance

The "Complete a task and earn the Tier 3 result" is not available through leadership. You need to do a task that has 3 possible results that require higher quality tools to increase your chance at getting the tier 2 and tier 3 results. The other professions have this with their rare tasks, but leadership doesn't.
    edited July 2013
    Many thanks for this prompt and reactive answer! I then guess it is useless to try to complete a task with 100% speed through leadership as well? (ie. 2 heros as I did not find any task with 2 optionnal slots that would allow the use of a hero and 2 adventurers)
    edited July 2013
    Many thanks for this prompt and reactive answer! I then guess it is useless to try to complete a task with 100% speed through leadership as well? (ie. 2 heros as I did not find any task with 2 optionnal slots that would allow the use of a hero and 2 adventurers)

Using 2 Heroes should work as there are leadership tasks with 1 required and 1 optional slot. However, I haven't seen any up till level 18 with more than 2 slots.
    edited July 2013
    OK thanks.
    I'm indeed lvl 18 and no task offers more than the required slot + 1 optionnal.
    To "open" the 100% speed realization, I would then need 2 heroes but due to the cost of creating a second hero (I've got 1) I was waiting for such confirmation to avoid such disappointment as my previous one (ref : creating a rank 3 item^^).
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just do another crafting profession to open up the 100% speed bonus...I think level 1 or level 2 mailsmithing I had 2 blue assets and borrowed 2 from a guild mate. Less than 1 hour and bam...another crafting slot.
    edited July 2013
    OK thanks.
    I'm indeed lvl 18 and no task offers more than the required slot + 1 optionnal.
    To "open" the 100% speed realization, I would then need 2 heroes but due to the cost of creating a second hero (I've got 1) I was waiting for such confirmation to avoid such disappointment as my previous one (ref : creating a rank 3 item^^).

Be careful - I haven't actually tried using 2 heroes for Leadership. It is consistent with how it works with blue and green workers, but you might be best waiting until someone who has used 2 Heroes to open up the slot can absolutely confirm this.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah, 2 heros open the 100 speed task

I reached 20 a few days ago and yeah, is a pain in the ***... and im not sure its even worth it, in fact, i planned to reach 20 and start leveling other professions to 20 to unlock the last 2 slots... but im soooooooo bored of those professions that i will just keep doing leadership.

btw i have 6 heros... that helps.
    edited July 2013
    Great thanks to all of you!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The trick to fast Leadership ranking?
    Make it your SECOND profession.
    Use Profession #1 to open up all of those slots.
    Getting 7 of them is relatively easy.
    And with seven open slots from the get go those levels will just FLY by.
    My first toon has been pure leadership from the get go (as in from the pre-launch week).
    He is just hitting lvl. 17.
    My third toon hit lvl 20 in Tailoring a couple of weeks ago and has switched to Leadership.
    He is lvl 16.75.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Two heroes will work fine. But other professions can unlock this slot much more cheaply by using 4 blue dudes on a mass-forge/cure/weave/whatever.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hit 20 in Leadership in a little over two months if I remember correctly. I was playing since 25-Apr and finished end of June / early July not sure exactly so we'll just round it up and say 10 weeks. I was doing more than two updates a day and for the most part only used white assets. I did pick up 4 man-at-arms towards the end. I had 6 slots open as I picked up 4 blue platesmiths to open the 100% speed bonus slot which is a lot cheaper than 2 heroes but if you know you'll be getting some heroes eventually may as well pick them up.

If I had to do it over again I'd do as suggested above and do one of the other professions first since they are quick to get to level 20.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed just before the game went live, the AD rewards for Leadership were halved. Protect Caravan in Open Beta used to net 200 AD, likewise the others.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I noticed just before the game went live, the AD rewards for Leadership were halved. Protect Caravan in Open Beta used to net 200 AD, likewise the others.

Only "Protect a Caravan" had its rewards reduced, AFAIK.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pfft2 wrote: »
    Call me a pessimist, but what concerns me more than the leveling speed of Leadership is the possibility that Cryptic will tune down Leadership mission rewards two or three months down the line.

They already nerfed some with no mention of it in patch notes. As I recall about a month or so ago the Protect a Caravan task, which was a nice AD return of 200 AD for the level was dropped down to 100AD. It didn't bother me at the time since I was beyond relying on this task to earn some AD while earning craft xp but it was a nice task for the level. Some of the "rare" tasks need MAJOR adjusting in the Leadership Profession - many of them aren't even worth running because the time and resources vs. the rewards are not even balanced.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They already nerfed some with no mention of it in patch notes. As I recall about a month or so ago the Protect a Caravan task, which was a nice AD return of 200 AD for the level was dropped down to 100AD. It didn't bother me at the time since I was beyond relying on this task to earn some AD while earning craft xp but it was a nice task for the level. Some of the "rare" tasks need MAJOR adjusting in the Leadership Profession - many of them aren't even worth running because the time and resources vs. the rewards are not even balanced.

It was listed in the patch notes when it got changed.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They already nerfed some with no mention of it in patch notes.

You're right. Total stealth nerf with NO mention of it in the patch notes AT ALL.

Source:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375171-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529g-25
    dezstravus wrote: »

Professions
    • High-tier Arm slot pieces no longer require Tier 2 dungeon resources.
    • The tasks that make the high-tier Arm slot pieces now require the piece to be upgraded. These tasks are now always visible.
    • Alchemy: Experimentation tasks now display their potential rewards on the Summary screen.
    • Leadership: The rewards for several tasks have been updated, as well as the contents of Leadership chests.
    • Rank 3: Extended Guard Duty: A medium chest has been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
    • Rank 4: Protect Local Merchant: 150 XP and a medium chest have been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.
    • Rank 5: Raid Supply Cache: 450 XP has been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Rank 6: Protect Survey Team: 2 Silver has been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Small Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 1.
    • Medium Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 3, but the Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    • Large Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 6, but the Greater Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    • Very Large Chest: The Greater Healing Potion count given by this chest has been increased to 7.
    • Profession Pack reward windows now properly inherit the color of the best item in the pack.
    • The Alchemy promotion in Profession Packs has ended.
  • dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My bad sorry for my lack of reading through all the details.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This was the biggest strike to leveling leadership:

Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.

that right there really increased the time it took to level.