Install Arc
Options

celestial coins... what a joke...

2»

Comments

• Options
    revealedrevealed Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well we can take a guess at the percent chance of a coal with some assumptions. Let's assume the average AH selling prices of boxes, blue wards, and green wards are all tied to one another. Let p be the percent chance of getting a blue ward out of a box, let B be the box price, let g be the price of the green wards, and let b be the price of the blue wards. All our assumptions then imply:

B=p*b+(1-p)*g

If we let B=25k, b=100k, g=5k (which is in my experience the long-term average prices on beholder) we find that p=0.21. That squares up with the "about 20%" number that people have thrown out there. Obviously a much better way to do this is to actually take data on opening boxes, but in the absence of that this method should give a rough idea of what the percent chance is.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Im amazed at how civil this thread has been considering the OP self entitlement..

You didn't get the wards you wanted and think its unfair and would like them to just give you what you need...

Forgive me for laughing..
  • Options
    leedskalninleedskalnin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would you rather prefer having no coins, celestial or ardent, every time you invoke? I mean it's free, man. Take advantage of it, given that you're complaining that you can't afford the zen items.
  • Options
    raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    why would I spend time creating so many characters just to do that... I think at level 60, who needs preservation wards anyway...

They should just give you what you need...

They're not just going to hand it to you. Lazy is what you seem like. Plus there are other ways to get it.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, just what we need, people carrying around rank 10s they didn't really work to earn... Say what you want about credit card swipers, but the rest of us that work hard to get good enchants would be a little pissed if they made it easier for the rest of you who are too lazy to do it.
    Why does your forum name not show that you are a PWE or Cryptic employee? Only PWE and Cryptic employees actually work on Neverwinter. Or do you work for a gold spamming company?

As for the OP, if you don't like the odds of getting a ward from invocation, you can always buy one in the zen store. I'm pretty sure that's what PWE wants you to do anyway.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Why does your forum name not show that you are a PWE or Cryptic employee? Only PWE and Cryptic employees actually work on Neverwinter. Or do you work for a gold spamming company?

Lol. Critical strike to nail's head! although I'm "working" right now so I can't judge too much =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

As for the OP, if you don't like the odds of getting a ward from invocation, you can always buy one in the zen store. I'm pretty sure that's what PWE wants you to do anyway.

You can work IN a game to accomplish different goals or get new items. Its that type of gameplay that people will generally get burned out on though. I play a game I dont work in one. Well until I can find one where I can be a dedicated crafter.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013

work
    /wərk/
    noun
    noun: work; plural noun: works; plural noun: the works

activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.

/shrug

(not that I'm generally a fan of the "oh, you didn't work for it!" line of arguments in MMOs. But, then, I've usually seen it being used by elitists who got their Tier Whatever armor first, before the patch that let those "entitled welfare d00ds" get it 10% more easily. /eyeroll)
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    The Preservation Wards do not give you a better chance an combining, they just keep you from loosing one of your enchants. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Just because there are high level enchants on the market doesn't mean that an exploit was used. I've sold 5 coalescent ward to the same person at one time more than once, so people are using them to make the higher level enchantments.

Just because you are upset doesn't give you the right to do something wrong. Thinking it does is what is called Justification and it's a thinking error. Another thinking error is thinking you are entitled to something, which I see in a lot of people.

If you want to increase your chance of obtaining a ward, use more than one character.

Whaoo!... You had to vent against someone?

I don't think I am the only who thinks that after level 60, this game's goal has become farming to get shard and use wards to fuse enchantments... and since most epic items prices are going down on the AH... the least they can do is let more loot go for hard dungeons...

so that I can finally buy these wards...
  • Options
    mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    first world problem except this time lookslike its coming from some cheap *** demanding more free ****