test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

celestial coins... what a joke...

krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok. I diligently used invocation for the last 14 days, and twice in 2 weeks, I ended up getting 2 "Preservation Ward" instead of the Coalescent Ward... What the point of getting celestial coins at this point and only get these crappy wards that dont even work correctly once you failed once... I used up like 10 preservations wards on trying to fuse rank 5 and failed 10 times in a row. This is a BUG, fix it. And let people just buy coalescent ward for reasonable zen (OR LET use FUSE Preservation Wards into Coalescent Ward)

WTH?

On top of that, given the number of greater/perfect enchantments in the AH, and their ridiculous price (millions of AD), it is clear that people have exploited the bug to fuse enchantment without losing coalescent ward... I have never exploited anything, but I feel I will start to next time if this game is not fixed. Worse, I may just give it up altogether.

As a level 60 GF, the best equipment (stalwart & captain, frozen jewelry, epic shirt and pants) and a gearscore of more than 11,200, the only thing I have been doing is farming for better enchantment shards (>lesser) in the hope of getting my gearscore higher. It is really getting boring...

At this level, the auction house is the only other thing I might end up doing in this game.

Finally, FIX THE ZEN PRICES... There is no point in buying items from Zen, when the same items in the AH are 10 TIMES cheaper just exchanging Zen for AD, including coalescent ward.

ZEN prices should reflect the MARKET prices in the AH, NOT be fixed.

Fix this!
:mad:
Post edited by krisst0f on

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You can pray at lvl 11 and you can create as many accounts as you want, so theoretically I could easily have 20 accounts (40 characters) praying daily and would probably bring in 5-8 coalescent's a week.

Granted thats a lot of time wasted, but I have 5 characters and I generally get 1 coalescent per week. 1 in 5 isn't bad for something as expensive as a coa for nothing but prayer that I'm going to do anyway
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why would I spend time creating so many characters just to do that... I think at level 60, who needs preservation wards anyway...

They should just give you what you need...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Granted thats a lot of time wasted, but I have 5 characters and I generally get 1 coalescent per week. 1 in 5 isn't bad for something as expensive as a coa for nothing but prayer that I'm going to do anyway

~20% is pretty much the percentage that I have been seeing too.
  • w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »

Not how a random chance works...
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckafour wrote: »
    dont like it, dont use it

noone is forcing you to spend those coins

Why do you need celestian coins then? for fireworks? what a useless, pointless these are anyway?
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You use them for a free chance at a coalescent ward... Why can't you just accept free things when they are given? Lol has anyone heard of that study they did where the scientists just passed out money. They folded it into little triangles. They were handing people money for absolutely nothing and half of them complained because they had to unfold it.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    You use them for a free chance at a coalescent ward... Why can't you just accept free things when they are given? Lol has anyone heard of that study they did where the scientists just passed out money. They folded it into little triangles. They were handing people money for absolutely nothing and half of them complained because they had to unfold it.

Free stuff? You must be joking...

Explain to me how can you get Coalescent Ward aside from farming/buying them on AH and celestial coins?
  • dridiadridia Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with the OP, 20% chance is too low for 7 days of praying,plus coelesant wards are too expensive on the zen market. Would like a chance to fail on fuse but ,imo failure rate should only increase 5%/rank.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited July 2013
    kids these days, lol
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kids these days, lol

Yeah, really. Honestly, I'm surprised it's a 20% chance.

(Also surprised at how people keep trying to describe praying 7 days in a row - something that could involve as little as ~2 min on a day you're busy - as some kind of herculean task that "deserves" better prizes.)

disclaimer: I've got 8 characters, so when I was bothering to log in to pray, I was getting 8 boxes every 7 days. But I never opened them - I just sold them on the auction for 20k+ diamonds each. A steady 160k diamonds every 7 days for almost zero effort was quite nice.
  • wingserwingser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Ok. I diligently used invocation for the last 14 days, and twice in 2 weeks, I ended up getting 2 "Preservation Ward" instead of the Coalescent WardUNLUCKY... What the point of getting celestial coins at this point and only get these crappy wards that dont even work correctly once you failed once... I used up like 10 preservations wards on trying to fuse rank 5 and failed 10 times in a rowUNLUCKY AGAIN, THERE IS NO BUG.. This is a BUG, fix it. And let people just buy coalescent ward for reasonable zen (OR LET use FUSE Preservation Wards into Coalescent Ward) AGREE WITH THIS ONE THOUGH

WTH?

On top of that, given the number of greater/perfect enchantments in the AH, and their ridiculous price (millions of AD), it is clear that people have exploited the bug to fuse enchantment without losing coalescent wardNO... I have never exploited anything, but I feel I will start to next time if this game is not fixed. Worse, I may just give it up altogether.

As a level 60 GF, the best equipment (stalwart & captain, frozen jewelry, epic shirt and pants) and a gearscore of more than 11,200, the only thing I have been doing is farming for better enchantment shards (>lesser) in the hope of getting my gearscore higher. It is really getting boring...ENCHANTS DO NOT INCREASE GEARSCORE, ONLY STATS DO.

At this level, the auction house is the only other thing I might end up doing in this game.

Finally, FIX THE ZEN PRICES... There is no point in buying items from Zen, when the same items in the AH are 10 TIMES cheaper just exchanging Zen for AD, including coalescent ward.

ZEN prices should reflect the MARKET prices in the AH, NOT be fixed.AGREE
    Fix this!

Dear friend, i don't mean to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but read the red parts.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    As a level 60 GF, the best equipment (stalwart & captain, frozen jewelry, epic shirt and pants) and a gearscore of more than 11,200, the only thing I have been doing is farming for better enchantment shards (>lesser) in the hope of getting my gearscore higher. It is really getting boring...

da fudge did i just read?

wondering how much people reach 60 every day with that much clue of the game.. :(
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should just give you what you want...

I corrected that for you. ;)

All in all I do agree with you somewhat. The whole daily/praying system is cumbersome and busy work, so I completely avoid worrying about ever doing it on a regular basis. Mostly just when I remember and when I'm in-game.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why would I spend time creating so many characters just to do that... I think at level 60, who needs preservation wards anyway...

Yeah, just what we need, people carrying around rank 10s they didn't really work to earn... Say what you want about credit card swipers, but the rest of us that work hard to get good enchants would be a little pissed if they made it easier for the rest of you who are too lazy to do it.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is a chance (20% is actually pretty high for something good - again this is the number being thrown around so it could be true or bad, but 20% is better than say.... 1%)

There are people who are willing to invest the time and characters/account to get these wards. Some may use them and some may sell them. It is "free" in terms of spending actual money (buying Zen and buy them which is a short cut) you just spend a little of your time logging in and pray.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    The Ward/Enchantment system is designed to reward patience. It's one of the key design elements that has a long reward cycle. This is from my really bad memory, but it takes an absurd number Rank 4's just to fuse them all into a 9-10. If you're going to rush through parts of the game, this isn't one you can do easily.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    verugan wrote: »
    The Ward/Enchantment system is designed to reward patience. It's one of the key design elements that has a long reward cycle. This is from my really bad memory, but it takes an absurd number Rank 4's just to fuse them all into a 9-10. If you're going to rush through parts of the game, this isn't one you can do easily.

You can if you want to spend a load of cash to buy zen to buy wards ;)

but yea. If you are cheap (like me), then the long way it is.
  • brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Which is what the cash shop is for, right? Short cuts for those who are cash rich and time poor rather than those who are time rich and cash poor.

What it doesn't take into account is that both (1) everyone likes the time to be shorter, whether they are cash rich or cash poor and (2) a lot of people who are fairly cash rich don't want to spend more than a few dollars every now and then on a video game like this one.
    edited July 2013
    Which is what the cash shop is for, right? Short cuts for those who are cash rich and time poor rather than those who are time rich and cash poor.

What it doesn't take into account is that both (1) everyone likes the time to be shorter, whether they are cash rich or cash poor and (2) a lot of people who are fairly cash rich don't want to spend more than a few dollars every now and then on a video game like this one.

That is true, but that is the draw of Free-2-Play games. You can draw different crowd (low cost of entry) and you can get different group of people who are cash rich to spend the money to sustain the cash poor people :)

Of course the main benefit of people who are time rich, they can access almost everything if they put enough time to it.

Main balance act is to find that "sweet spot"
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I find this ardent coins going away a real problem also. I had a family thing i had to do the other day never got a chance to log in and poof they are gone? Its a slap in the face really forcing people to log in each day to collect them. What if someones internet connection goes down. Family things like i had. Conditions that for some reason you cant log in and do the pray thing.

Its just one more small thing on top of all the major issues that might push someone into not playing the game anymore.

This has got to change quickly. Give us at least 48hours before they go poof. At least that
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Your a looser idiot what about the time poor and poor. What about people that have family's What about people that work 3 jobs at min wage. The poor are never time rich. The average poor person works more then one job they work harder then any rich person or child like yourself.

There isnt just rich people and poor people, there are many in betweens.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    While we're at it can we get mailed 100k AD every week for using mounts. How about 100k AD for using an emote. Invoking takes no effort what so ever, and you expect it to give you a luxury item. Invoking is already rewarding with free exp and temporary buff.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

WoW

nuff said
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2013
    I have 4 60's. I have 40 ardent on my most played char, about the same on the others. Ive had two coalescent wards since i started playing. Its better than paying $10 imo. Ontop of that, the blue wards are cheaper on the ah, than they are from the zen shop.
  • jeff597660jeff597660 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    verugan wrote: »
    that's what people don't have in games these days
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ok. I diligently used invocation for the last 14 days, and twice in 2 weeks, I ended up getting 2 "Preservation Ward" instead of the Coalescent Ward... What the point of getting celestial coins at this point and only get these crappy wards that dont even work correctly once you failed once... I used up like 10 preservations wards on trying to fuse rank 5 and failed 10 times in a row. This is a BUG, fix it. And let people just buy coalescent ward for reasonable zen (OR LET use FUSE Preservation Wards into Coalescent Ward)

On top of that, given the number of greater/perfect enchantments in the AH, and their ridiculous price (millions of AD), it is clear that people have exploited the bug to fuse enchantment without losing coalescent ward... I have never exploited anything, but I feel I will start to next time if this game is not fixed. Worse, I may just give it up altogether.

ZEN prices should reflect the MARKET prices in the AH, NOT be fixed.

Fix this!

The Preservation Wards do not give you a better chance an combining, they just keep you from loosing one of your enchants. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Just because there are high level enchants on the market doesn't mean that an exploit was used. I've sold 5 coalescent ward to the same person at one time more than once, so people are using them to make the higher level enchantments.

Just because you are upset doesn't give you the right to do something wrong. Thinking it does is what is called Justification and it's a thinking error. Another thinking error is thinking you are entitled to something, which I see in a lot of people.

If you want to increase your chance of obtaining a ward, use more than one character.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    I have 5 chars and 2 of them is 60 and I open 5 coffers a week. Two weeks ago I got 4 blue wards, last week I got 3 blue, this week I got non.
    It varies how lucky you are with the boxes, but you will get them, but fusing 1024 shards into a greater/superb (pink slot), will take a while.
    One of my guildies got lucky yesterday, he fused 4 shards with a green ward and didn't even loose the ward.
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    ~20% is pretty much the percentage that I have been seeing too.

**** I've been unlucky then, getting nearer 10%, 8 Coals and 60-70 Preservations
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My reward for prey... er praying every day? 20k AD so far. That's as much as I've been able to sell that reward for (with prices going up and down). However, 20k on each characters for six characters each week and with the current price on the Zen market... Right now I have enough zen to buy more character slots, but I'll hold off for that fancy warhorse mount. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lottery style game mechanics are the worst type of game mechanic a company can festoon upon its users.