test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP! Completely unplayable since patch! :(

vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I'm running on an i7 w/ nvidia gtx660, on gigabit ethernet through Comcast.

Tried to come back to play for Tymora's event, but since patch, when I log in even in safe mode, my characters don't show up and when they do it's naked, and then when I try to log in it freezes at last 1% for about 10 minutes, then when/if i do get in, I'm literally stuck in a spot and can't click anything (not even refine AD). It's like rubberbanding, except 20-30 seconds, I can't do ANYTHING (seriously) b/c it always takes me back to spawn like there's packet loss for days.

This is the definition of an unplayable game. I only had slight issues a while back when loading into Protector's Enclave was a huge issue, and those went away eventually at the next patch. This is absurd though, I literally can't play the game and I've changed nothing. Support isn't responding to my ticket (big surpriser there) and I'm sad b/c I'm 99% sure I'm going to miss this event over their own patching issues. I'm not the only person having this issue: Has anyone else found a workaround? Please?!?!

I just want to play the game I spent money on, Cryptic. Why don't you have preferential treatment for those who HAVE paid?
Post edited by vierzweinull on

Comments

• vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So there's a large number of people who literally can't even log in since this last patch. No response on the forus, no response through support tickets, and apparently they don't even RESPOND to bug reports, so how can we even get this fixed if they won't talk to us about it?

All of us are going to miss this event, and it's ABSURD. No response from Cryptic (not surprised), but not even on the bug forums or support tickets. I was seriously going to come back to play for all this feywild stuff, MAYBE even spend a little more dough on the game, but the complete LACK of support for the MANY of us with this issue is simply too much. Safe mode doesn't work, and I'm on a top-of-the-line computer with gigabit ethernet, there is literally NO excuse for this except that Cryptic ****ed up and won't admit it. It's simple enough - I paid for you to provide me stuff in a game. You have then made that game unplayable, and thus my "payment" can be refunded if you refuse to provide support on this issue. This isn't a threat - it's simply a fact, and since there's been NO response, and I'm obviously not going to get to play during this event, can anyone explain why I SHOULDN'T request a refund if i can't get in to even play in the first place?

After how much we've paid, there's no support team, and Founder's pack purchaser's don't get any preferential treatment with support, and how they could even break their client for so many people and just not care?

I WANT to play, but not being able to, I want my money back. Not a threat - I'd rather play, but unless some magic comes along, i essentially missed this entire event and the who-knows-how-many dragon eggs I could have found, and it really kills my desire to try and farm the AD to buy them from other people who just spent the weekend getting to do what -I- wanted to do. :(
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    One person is not a large number of people.
    (.-.)

So there's a large number of people who literally can't even log in since this last patch. No response on the forus, no response through support tickets, and apparently they don't even RESPOND to bug reports, so how can we even get this fixed if they won't talk to us about it?

All of us are going to miss this event, and it's ABSURD. No response from Cryptic (not surprised), but not even on the bug forums or support tickets. I was seriously going to come back to play for all this feywild stuff, MAYBE even spend a little more dough on the game, but the complete LACK of support for the MANY of us with this issue is simply too much. Safe mode doesn't work, and I'm on a top-of-the-line computer with gigabit ethernet, there is literally NO excuse for this except that Cryptic ****ed up and won't admit it. It's simple enough - I paid for you to provide me stuff in a game. You have then made that game unplayable, and thus my "payment" can be refunded if you refuse to provide support on this issue. This isn't a threat - it's simply a fact, and since there's been NO response, and I'm obviously not going to get to play during this event, can anyone explain why I SHOULDN'T request a refund if i can't get in to even play in the first place?

Or why after how much we've paid, there's no support team, and Founder's pack purchaser's don't get any preferential treatment with support, or how they could even break their client for so many people and just not care?

I WANT to play, but not being able to, I want my money back. Not a threat - I'd rather play, but unless some magic comes along, i essentially missed this entire event and the who-knows-how-many dragon eggs I could have found. :(
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not the only one. If you went and looked ANYWHERE in the bug forums, or read my post in the first place, you'd realize that. Do i REALLY need to link the 5 or 6 threads full of people who ACTUALLY posted, thus meaning there are tons who didn't even post? Or are you just out to make yourself feel better by wittily trying to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...? This is a problem, I can't play, and there's absolutely no way that I'm the only person with this issue, if nothing else, as evidenced by just a QUICK glance into the bug report forum.

Go away if you don't either have the same kind of issues (connection never starting, Server not responding), or a solution. Otherwise, you're being unproductive, and just generally being a ******* for no reason. Obviously one person isn't a lot of people, and YOU are notably stupid for even making that post. Good day.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1) Here's what you want, you don't want the general discussion:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?901-Bugs-Reports

2) The "problem" appears to be affecting a very small number of people. Me count only ~5-10 people (yourself included). They're mostly just bumping old threads.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the point being missed here. Is simply, the fact that if its a problem only effecting a small number of people. Reasonable expectations need to be set.

First off, simply by the nature of it only effecting a few means the problem itself is hard to duplicate. And if it cant be duplicated consistently. Determining the cause, let alone a fix, will be considerably difficult. If you don't know whats causing it, you simply cant fix it. Considering the vast majority of players, can seem to play without issue. Its not even fair, at this point in time, to blame anyone for a problem that might or might not be something they caused or can fix.

Instead of angry rants and threats. A better option would be to find similarities and possible causalities between the various effected players and provide as much detailed info as possible to Cryptic so a diagnosis can be made. Simply saying its broken, FIX EEET rarely solves the problem.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Well met,

. . . . . . I think you may be confusing Bug Reports with Support Tickets and in-game GM Help Tickets, which are three different tickets. The latter two will yield communication with support, however Bug Reports go to a different department that does not respond to them, as they are meant for things that only need reported and not a response from.

. . . . . . If you are unable to get in game, you may file as Support Ticket through the web site, the link is up top every page in this site: Support or alternatively by email at customerservice@perfectworld.com - The forums are not a place to bypass the Support System. It has it's ticketing system, unfortunately there is a line. Reporting issues on the forums is fine, but demanding Customer Service here is not, as we cannot offer Support through the forums.

Safe Travels,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.