test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Etiquette

13»

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You still don't get it. I don't WANT help killing mobs. Therefor LEAVE me alone when I am killing them.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    You still don't get it. I don't WANT help killing mobs. Therefor LEAVE me alone when I am killing them.

Oh I get it. You don't *own* those enemies. You don't have exclusive rights to them, the area they spawn in, or the manner in which *I* choose to play the game.

Until a dev comes here and spells out that other players should not intervene in someone's fight, then it is not a prohibited act.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More likely because you are not a tank and cannot handle 20+ mobs at once yourself.
    This behaviour is exactly what pisses off the nice people, alot. Usually i am being ks'ed by TR and CW's.
    (Both classes can't tank for s#*! in PvE, and when they see someone killing/trying to kill a massive amount of mobs, they are getting jealous and the GREED kicks in and they attack your mobs.)

This is what's really happening. Wrap it in nice wordings as much as you like. It won't ever change the fact that such behaviour is inappropriate and should be punished.

peace.

No, When I see this. A moron running around gathering up a huge hoard of mobs so they can AoE them down. I think they are idiots. Like a fat greedy kid stuffing as much candy in their mouth before the other kids can take it from him.

If you honestly want to claim "yours" stick to one group at a time. If you honestly think you can claim several groups and own an entire area. Think again.
    edited July 2013
    There's one particular quest in the chasm where each time I've done it I've had to kill a particular type of mob, which is especially rare, over and over before it eventually drops anything. I noticed that when it does drop the item it drops it for everyone that was attacking it. Imagine if some self righteous person expected you not to attack it because they'd lose 0.0000000001% of a level in experience. This behaviour is nothing but anti social.

Yup, I know the quest. There is a grand total of 3 adventurers in the entire zone. They are needed for 2 quests and you need to kill a minimum of 5 of them to progress. Meaning at best you need to kill one set twice. To make things worse, they take twice as long to repop as any other mob in the zone.

They are a complete bottleneck. To progress forward, especially if the zone, or zones, are busy, all but mandates sharing. Anyone who feels they can own these spawns and force others to wait for the extremely log repop times are sadly delusional.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Oh I get it. You don't *own* those enemies. You don't have exclusive rights to them, the area they spawn in, or the manner in which *I* choose to play the game.

Until a dev comes here and spells out that other players should not intervene in someone's fight, then it is not a prohibited act.

Did you even bother to read what I posted about the terms of service. Anything that affects my enjoyment of the game is a breach of the terms. If I tell you to leave me alone in-game and stop interfering in my fights affects my enjoyment of the game. I will report you as you broke the rules.
    edited July 2013
    Anything that affects my enjoyment of the game is a breach of the terms.

Is this really the main singular focus of your entire argument here? Because in all honesty, that is one heck of a slippery slope to stand on. How do you quantify it, police it, or judge something so completely subjective to an individuals whims? Are you honestly advocating the individual should be the sole decider in all this? Can you not see how potentially insane and abusive this would be?

And if its not up to the individual, then it must be up to Cryptic themselves. And they have refrained from commenting on this at all, either for or against. However, indications and general attitude leans heavily in favor of this not being an issue. This is further supported by mechanics that encourage sharing of xp and loot.

Your argument is simply not looking viable.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    Did you even bother to read what I posted about the terms of service. Anything that affects my enjoyment of the game is a breach of the terms. If I tell you to leave me alone in-game and stop interfering in my fights affects my enjoyment of the game. I will report you as you broke the rules.

... delusional and self righteous come to mind.
    Time to put this thread out of its misery for the back and forth flaming.

If you believe someone is breaking any sort of rules, please feel free to use the ticketing system or the ingame reporting system, however, do be aware that any appropriate action (and this includes no action at all) is at the final discretion of PWE/Cryptic.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.