test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Quest - Nightmare on Market - has a big fat bug

lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Had my character do her very first Foundry Quest, Nightmare on Market street, did the entire thing then got stuck at doorway trying to go back in at the end. You know, the part where you get your prize? and all the experience for DOING it in the first place? submitted GM report, Bug report, even said HELP on zone. NOTHING but a trite little thing back from the Customer service team that they will be looking into it, they will contact me on e-mail. BD. I was STILL stuck, even tried the Alt and clicking on the red door arrow on the bottom left side of the map. GUess what, that didn't work either. Look, if you are NOT going to have GM's or ANYONE work at night, could you at least WARN people? Then I would try to only do crafting and praying at night. THis really SUCKS. and I bet I don't even get credit from RHix for completing my first foundry quest. What you want to bet? Or maybe even when one of the GM's Wake's UP they could fix it and give me credit for DOING IT. How would THAT be? And I waited like 40 minutes altogether before I finally had to just escape the game completely do post this in here. Maybe someone will even read it, in here. YEs, I am very pissed. I have 6 characters. I play every day, and now that my guy is on graveyard for 3 wks I play nights. No one ever mentioned that there is not a GM on duty on Thursday Nights at 2 am.

:mad:
Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
Post edited by lilacflame2013 on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Foundry quest bugs are not the responsibility of Cryptic or PW folk, but the author-player who made it.

You can quit a Foundry quest at any point if you get stuck by clicking the little door icon bottom left of your minimap.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Foundry quest bugs are not the responsibility of Cryptic or PW folk, but the author-player who made it.

You can quit a Foundry quest at any point if you get stuck by clicking the little door icon bottom left of your minimap.

Nightmare on Market Street has 28,000+ reviews, so that's 28,000+ different player accounts have finished it just fine. This is not an author-related bug.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . . Getting stuck in a doorway in a foundry mission is something related to the foundry itself unless the doorway itself is bugged. Please report this to the author as Support will not assist in UGC missions, especially if the issue is due to design. It will then be up to the author to determine if the issue is with their placement of the doorway or if it is a foundry bug. If the latter, it is the author's responsibility to report it.

. . . . Moving this to Foundry.
  • mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    As others have said user generated content has to be addressed by the user that generated it. Also, Foundry is weird sometimes. You can run one 100 times and everything is fine, then on 101 something breaks. But for future use there are 2 nifty codes that should get you out of situations like that. /Stuck will usually move you away enough that you can continue normally. If that doesn't work /Killme will... well kill you. But you will respawn inside the map at the entrance or a campfire. In my experiences (not specidfically with this game) GM responses are seldom fast enough to rely on, at any time of day.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    mee2002 wrote: »
    As others have said user generated content has to be addressed by the user that generated it. Also, Foundry is weird sometimes. You can run one 100 times and everything is fine, then on 101 something breaks. But for future use there are 2 nifty codes that should get you out of situations like that. /Stuck will usually move you away enough that you can continue normally. If that doesn't work /Killme will... well kill you. But you will respawn inside the map at the entrance or a campfire. In my experiences (not specidfically with this game) GM responses are seldom fast enough to rely on, at any time of day.
    . . . . . Indeed. I have a ladder in my mission that I have gotten a small handful of reports (out of the hundreds and hundreds of plays) saying that they got stuck on the ladder. I have been unable to reproduce it and hundreds of other players seemed to use the ladders just fine, so I was and still am at a loss for their reports to me on it. It could have just been a fluke or a very sporadic bug and might be the case with the OP's report on the foundry mission they played.

. . . . . OP, have you tried replaying the mission to see if you can reproduce the incident? In any case, it needs reported to the Author so they can investigate and report it as a foundry bug, if needed, or fix it if it is a design error.
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If the OP is genuine, they said the exit from mini-map didn't work. Contacting the author will alert them to the issue but will not help a character stuck inside an existing map (the author can fix the issue, but the stuck character would have the unfixed version in their client, not the new one).

As authors do not have GM authority to move player characters in game (well, I actually assume they don't, could be wrong :p), if a character did get permanently stuck anywhere in the game world then going to Customer Support to have this issue resolved is exactly the correct place go.