test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If The New Changes Go Live

Comments

• parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Enchants are being sold en mass for the same reason profession resources are being sold en mass.

They aren't being duped.
    It's definitely an issue but enchants are not being duped. ;)
    They are being duped. I'd say more but I'm not allowed to for obvious reasons.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are the Drake seals only BOP after the patch of being bought or will I suddenly lose my Miracle Healer Drake Chest for my cleric I've been saving for when I level up?

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Find the dupe and report it because as it stands there's two other much more likely reasons for the large number of enchantments and resources. If there was some sort of dupe which allowed both enchantments and profession assets to be duplicated I can't imagine why they aren't also duping purple gear and other items.

On the other hand resources and enchants are quite common from skill nodes. :p
    parp12 wrote: »
    They are being duped. I'd say more but I'm not allowed to for obvious reasons.

If you know for a fact there is a dupe please send the information to Sominator.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    Are the Drake seals only BOP after the patch of being bought or will I suddenly lose my Miracle Healer Drake Chest for my cleric I've been saving for when I level up?

From what I read the items will be "Bind of Purchase" so I think all existing gear will remain as-is.

However it should be easy enough to test on the Preview Shard.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They aren't being duped.
    It's definitely an issue but enchants are not being duped.

Find the dupe and report it because as it stands there's two other much more likely reasons for the large number of enchantments and resources.

I notice that you seem to have softened your stance a little on this issue.

Whether there is a dupe or it is simply mass botting, I am glad to see that you at least (and hopefully Cryptic) are open to the possibility that there are still some holes in the code.

Maybe, whether a dupe or botting, there is even a chance of something being done about it...
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Enchants are being sold en mass for the same reason profession resources are being sold en mass.

They aren't being duped.
    It's definitely an issue but enchants are not being duped. ;)

they are not being duped 100%. it's Night Raid bot farming.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
    edited July 2013
    I'm not closed to the possibility, there's always a chancem but there's been absolutely no evidence that I have seen to support the "dupe" theory other than large amounts of items for sale which have much more likely explanations.

Until I see even a smidgen of evidence I'm virtually positive the issue lies in node farming. I could be wrong but I am extremely doubtful and do know that if there is a dupe it has not yet been mentioned on the forums as anything more than 100% speculation based on AH Sales.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem here is that the bad players ARE the rogues. Reality hurts sometimes.

This is sadly the truth. But not all of the TR are bad. I had some nice fights against some TR.

edited July 2013
    When will the changes go live? Many of my friends and i myself, can't wait for this lovely patch.

Until we hear otherwise August 22. However I suspect, and this is purely my own speculation, some of these fixes will make it into the live servers before that time.
    However the Fury of the Feywild items will absolutely not be added into the live servers before August 22.
    edited July 2013
    Find the dupe and report it because as it stands there's two other much more likely reasons for the large number of enchantments and resources. If there was some sort of dupe which allowed both enchantments and profession assets to be duplicated I can't imagine why they aren't also duping purple gear and other items.

On the other hand resources and enchants are quite common from skill nodes. :p
    I thought I'd already answered this post, hmm.
    Oh please. Rank 4 and 5 enchants are being duped. This takes <self censored> and has been going on since round about the time when stacks of 99 enchants started appearing on the AH again after the previous dupe was fixed.

See where I said rank 4 and 5?
    I imagine they've not fixed the enchantment dupe because they can't figure it out. Did they even bother looking at my bug report? Who knows, I don't have permission to look at the ticket.)

See where I said I reported it?

<Send the info to Sominator. I guarantee he will pass on the information you have - Ambi>
    edited July 2013
    The problem here is that the bad players ARE the rogues. Reality hurts sometimes.

I play all classes apart from the gwf and I can play them all to a reasonable level, and I don't complain about any of them because they are.

{so what's this post supposed to mean now? making me look like a mongo}
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Labeling players as bad because they can't counter perma-stealth is simply being blissful and frankly overly defensive of a god awful build. A good perma-stealth was completely uncountable.
    Heck just yesterday I faced against a Permastealth who danced around throwing daggers at me while ins stealth and popped impossible to catch when he wasn't in stealth. I was on my level 50 Guardian Fighter so I didn't die to the rogue but I literally spent three minutes being unable to get more than a few points of damage on the rogue until an ally of his showed up.

I was the first to say I don't care about PvP but I actually enjoy this PvP quite a bit and as a Devoted Cleric the rogue nerf was needed a month ago. The build really only works well in PvP so as I said it will effect PvE but the only utter loss in viability from what I am seeing is in PvP.

You had an even battle with a rogue on your GF yet it is ok that the stealth rogue build gets nerfed to an "utter loss in viability"? Sorry I don't see the logic here.
    edited July 2013
    I'd say kudos but you're pulling the reality card out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I play all classes apart from the **** spam gwf and I can play them all to a reasonable level, and I don't complain about any of them, apart from calling gwf **** spammers, because they are.

I'd ask you to go and reread my post and you might be able to see that I was referring to someone else's post, but my post mysteriously vanished.

(really? I can say <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but the four letter word which means new player, and is commonly used to describe bad players, is censored. lmao)
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE. I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

There is a rather large and well thought out guide for a perma-stealth build designed mostly for PvE, that several players are/were following, and with several players contributing to it.

As such, I suggest that the nerf to perma-stealth will effect PvE for some TRs in a negative way. It's hard to say how negative, as it isn't know yet how bad the stealth leech will be, so far as I know (but should be known when people have checked it out on test).

We'll see how it goes, I suppose, but I think the developers should seriously consider making it so that powers will work differently in PvE than PvP, so that correcting powers to fit better with one element of the game needn't require that they work worse in the other element of the game.
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2013
    What is this with mmo companies?

Why do you insist on nerfing classes instead of tweaking the other classes up a bit. The playerbase never want their prized char's nerfed. Im sure you have seen enough on these forums to convince you im right. And yet, you nerf, attacking the player experience, instead of improving it.
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    You had an even battle with a rogue on your GF yet it is ok that the stealth rogue build gets nerfed to an "utter loss in viability"? Sorry I don't see the logic here.

The main point is that the rogue was, for all intensive purposes, invulnerable 100% of the time. It's bearable on a tanky as heck Guardian Fighter before the level 60 Gear Issues but as a Devoted Cleric, especially after level 60, against a similar build I would be utterly defenseless.

A Guardian Fighter has a good number of AoE attacks which do not require targets but as a Devoted Cleric the only three main options I would have is Sunburst, Daunting Light and Chains of Binding. I'm dead long before I can even begin to break their stealth meter but the Icing on the Cake is popping ItC while not in stealth which simply removes any hope of me surviving any further.

Anything which can't be countered in some way by two classes is a major problem. Needing a handful of people just to take down one person because of all the evasion they have is a problem. It all drastically upsets the balance of the game. :)
    edited July 2013

<Send the info to Sominator. I guarantee he will pass on the information you have - Ambi>

it's okay, you've already confirmed that there is no dupe. My mistake...

I would, however, suggest you update the post telling people how to report exploits if the method described isn't of any merit.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The main point is that the rogue was, for all intensive purposes, invulnerable 100% of the time.
    leaving aside that this aint true, why was it needed to reduce the bonus damage from the only viable daily (pve and pvp wise) from 60% down to 7,5%, or even less when you dont have 50% critchance yet?
    thats a 95,5% nerf (if my math didnt fail on me)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The main point is that the rogue was, for all intensive purposes, invulnerable 100% of the time.

If the "problem" was OP rogues in PvP, then why on earth not change something that would only affect PvP, instead of making the rogues (probably) a lot less effective in PvE as well?

I'm not saying the players will not adapt (well, not those that get pissed-off and leave obviously), but this will make fights harder, will make PUGs less likely to succeed and will in general reduce players' enjoyment of the PvE aspect.

Unless the policy has become that PvP is all that matters...in which case I am obviously playing the wrong game.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anything which can't be countered in some way by two classes is a major problem. Needing a handful of people just to take down one person because of all the evasion they have is a problem. It all drastically upsets the balance of the game. :)

It's too bad the developers didn't think of this when they were designing the TR so that it could have been redesigned before release, rather than ruining the builds of perma-stealth players down the line. I'm surprised this wasn't figured out in earlier testing phases.

With such severe changes coming to the class, perhaps they should grant a free respec to all TRs, so they can try to fix their builds without having to pay to repair what was fundamentally changed on them. Of course, this won't help anyone that picked their base stats to support a perma-stealth build, but it may help some TRs adjust at least.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The main point is that the rogue was, for all intensive purposes, invulnerable 100% of the time. It's bearable on a tanky as heck Guardian Fighter before the level 60 Gear Issues but as a Devoted Cleric, especially after level 60 against a similar build I would be utterly defenseless.

A Guardian Fighter has a good number of AoE attacks which do not require targets but as a Devoted Cleric the only three main options I would have is Sunburst, Daunting Light and Chains of Binding. I'm dead long before I can even begin to break their stealth meter but the Icing on the Cake is popping ItC while not in stealth which simply removes any hope of me surviving any further.

I understand the stupidity at level 60 pvp has to be addressed, however, pre-level cap I have seen clerics outheal 2 or 3 players beating on them, and the pitiful damage a stealth rogue can do (without powerful enchants) is laughable.

The issue is not with the build, it is with the damage scaling at level cap. I am sad that a fun to play build (at least pre-level cap) has been nerfed to the point of utter loss in viability, instead of the main issue of damage scaling at level cap and the way enchants work being adjusted.

By your own standard of "needing a handful of people just to take down one person" being a problem, I think the spotlight should be on other classes; and will probably shift there, or perhaps other rogue builds will be stamped out first.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Large stacks are the key here. Have a look at some of the reports that folks have sent in, it would be wrong to go into more detail.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not closed to the possibility, there's always a chancem but there's been absolutely no evidence that I have seen to support the "dupe" theory other than large amounts of items for sale which have much more likely explanations.

Until I see even a smidgen of evidence I'm virtually positive the issue lies in node farming. I could be wrong but I am extremely doubtful and do know that if there is a dupe it has not yet been mentioned on the forums as anything more than 100% speculation based on AH Sales.

I agree you that botting is the most likely explanation - Night Raid bot farming being the obvious candidate.

It is just that when you state (seemingly categorically) that there are no dupes, that is worrying since how can players expect Cryptic to be able to spot these issues (if they exist) if their view is that they are impossible.
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I agree you that botting is the most likely explanation - Night Raid bot farming being the obvious candidate.

It is just that when you state (seemingly categorically) that there are no dupes, that is worrying since how can players expect Cryptic to be able to spot these issues (if they exist) if their view is that they are impossible.

Cryptic didn't. I did. Poor wording choice? Maybe.
    However it's born from closing thread after thread after thread for posting images of large quantities of Enchants and Profession Resources crying "dupe" purely because the poster noted large quantities for sale. It's an opinion born from frustration at seeing the claim time and time again which are nothing more than speculation of the worst case scenario and in my experience these claims become accepted as truth over time by the masses.

If you have the details about any duping (and not simply pictures of large quantities) report it but as of yet I have no evidence that any dupe exists and I am highly speculative that dupes exist.
    And with that the discussion ends. It was borderline to discuss anyway and the further this goes the worse it will get and I'd really rather leave feedback open. :)
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Nvm, deleted, realized i had described an existing exploit... zzzzz
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But TR can still disable traps right?
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    So I've been reading over the patch notes for the next update which is currently being tested on the test server.

Although some players might be excited about some of the changes, I actually think if these changes go live it will be another step towards the game dying.

First off, drake seal items no longer tradable? Really? The ONLY thing that made drake seal items have any value was that they could be traded. By the time you get enough seals to buy any of the items, you won't need the drake seal items because the chances of getting better equipment is much higher than the amount of seals that drop. The ONLY thing that gave them value was that you could collect them and buy items for either alts or to help up and coming guildmates with gear. This change alone will make drake seal items only worth gold but 1.5 gold?

The changes to the rogue will make the class MUCH less effective in PVE. So much so that the class brings nothing to offer for dps if lurkers assault is nerfed from dmg to crit severity. Who ****ing cares about crit severity? A 4 year old girl could come up with a better idea to fix rogues than these devs.

Nothing to address enchantments? Nothing to fix the broken savage enchantments? Nothing to fix duping of enchantments? There is a huge list of annoying bugs that have been around since closed beta that are not even being addressed? But they want to add more cash shop items and fix stuff that isn't broken?

This is the same outcry that Clerics did when their circle was nerfed. I feel your pain being a cleric player as we still are a crippled class. The only advantage DCs have is that we are the only healing class in Neverwinter so we get a group spot out of default where TRs compete with other DPS classes.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Whirl wind of blades and courage breaker the new go to daily's for PvP and PvE. Just worked out a new build waiting for preview server to test.

Let them nerf Lurker's assault etc, adapt.
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Drake Seal and PvP Gear changes will be fine if we get to see the salvager return. Both of those chages are overall good to prevent bots and generally to increase the demand on various gear in the auction house.

As for the rogue changes I am dancing for joy because those changes were desperately needed in PvP and I do mean desperately. Overall I don't think you'll notice huge issues in PvE based on what I read. The bulk of the changes will hurt perma-stealth builds but that build alone was pretty much a PvP only build and really wasn't that effective in PvE.
    I am not saying it won't effect PvE but I'm hesitant to think it will do any massive changes to mechanics.

Enchantments aren't being duped. That's a completely different matter which has to be addressed but it's not merely a bug fix.
    As for all of these other broken pieces of content, are you reporting them? I personally think this fixed many of the major issues which are truly bugs.

No. TR doesn't need the nerf in pvp. There just needs to be actually good and effective pvp gear. The gear you can buy now isn't really pvp gear. It's just gear to boost GS so you can do more epic dungeons. There are other games i play that have better pvp gear because the gear in those games give defense to certain things like daggers and what not.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    klayl771 wrote: »
    if you think going around and 1 shotting ppl from stealth is ok your the idiot.

rofl..........