test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feywild Examination

wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, I too was excited to get the email in my inbox when this pack was announced. I saw the $60 price tag and my first thoughts were, ok pricy but there is likely a ton of new stuff in there to justify paying that much, boy was I wrong. Let's first cover the expectations for such a price, there is just really two that come to mind that I'm sure was at the top of EVERYONE's list. New races and new classes, please note the plural.

This is what is in the pack:

1) Moon Elf Race - Nice but really just a slightly twinked woodelf, mostly just cosmetic.

2) Dawn Unicorn Mount - Uhm... Ok... Cosmetic again and this really only appeals to a minority at best.

3) Sylph Companion - More cosmetics.

4) Moonsilver Regalia Fashion Set - Cosmetic again.

5) Loamweave Enchantment - Looks cool but... More cosmetics as I'm sure this meant to be a temporary enchantment until one more viable can be attained.

6) Stone of Earth - This is the ONLY item I thought to be of some redeeming value but have leaned that it is not a companion liking to the Ioun Stone, it's a neckpiece??? W.T.F.

7) Adventurer's Helper Pack - Contains six different types of helpful nay worthless items to start your adventure.

8) 600,000 Astral diamonds - Is this here because the rest of the back has no value?

9) In-Game Title -
Post edited by wraithyn on

Comments

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well to be honest, if they had sold any real power there would be 100 posts screaming pay to win.

Most people approve of a company selling cosmetic only items. They are optional.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited July 2013
    Ok I was cut off...

But to wrap it up, I'm really disappointed here, there's simply nothing here of value to me. At least if your going to entice us to buy a bunch of over priced fluff throw something in there worth a dam. A couple new classes perhaps? I want to buy this, I really do as I've spent a lot of cash on this game but I really feel you guys are milking us. A Moon Elf? Really, I won't be around long if this is just going to be a money pit where were really not getting much for the investment and 60 bucks is an investment to most of us here, $60 bucks is a new game? C'mon guys you can do better.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    New class... Not power... I'm just saying there is no value in this pack.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wraithyn wrote: »
    New class... Not power... I'm just saying there is no value in this pack.

I am thinking the new classes were not ready yet. I can't judge how long it takes to make and test a new class.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    I am thinking the new classes were not ready yet. I can't judge how long it takes to make and test a new class.

Obviously a long time, because a lot of the current classes have major issues ;)
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You see no value but those who enjoy cosmetic stuff eat it up! (like me!). Just remember that everyone has a different opinion so what you see as a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I see as a gem.

Please note, this is coming from someone who has made a guild bank just so they can store all their dyes >_>

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Well to be honest, if they had sold any real power there would be 100 posts screaming pay to win.

Most people approve of a company selling cosmetic only items. They are optional.

Sure, but mounts are not optional in this game in my opinion. They are a necessity if I'm going to have a chance to enjoy this game as slow movement bores me.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but did you see that new winged snake harp healer companion? omg i want one but I'm not spending another dime on this game unless they FIX it and FINISH it first.:p
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but did you see that new winged snake harp healer companion? omg i want one but I'm not spending another dime on this game unless they FIX it and FINISH it first.:p

You can always try to xfer some AD to ZEN, I did this today on one booster and made 250k back on items from the booster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ind1go99ind1go99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but did you see that new winged snake harp healer companion? omg i want one

I've seen it. omg I want to buy the option to never see one again.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wraithyn wrote: »
    But to wrap it up, I'm really disappointed here, there's simply nothing here of value to me.

Well then, you just saved yourself $60, as this pack isn't to your tastes. You'll have that money available for when they release a $60 pack you do like. Alternatively, you could spend that money on something else, like inventory slots or the like, if you want to support the game now rather than wait until something you want comes out.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    As I recently stated else-where and I'd like to echo here:

. . . . . Neverwinter Online is a free to play game. The upcoming Expansion is Free as well. The Fury of the Feywild Pack is like the Hero and Guardian Pack, bonus things for those who want to support the game (the game has to make a profit) or just like to and can afford to collect everything. There is nothing in this game that has to be bought with real money that one cannot play the entire game without. These packs do not offer anything with any advantage over another player that a non-Zen in-game items cannot give. If one must have things from the Zen shop but cannot afford it, there is the Astral Diamond Exchange. The Packs are bonus things, as I said, for those who are collectors and/or just want to support the game or buy everything, for whatever valid reason.

. . . . . The Community Managers hold contests where they give away these Packs and Starter Kits, so watch the News and Stickies and be sure to enter. I've won a Starter Kit myself once!
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    OP. I'm sorry you did not like the pack. They will release a different one with different cosmetics (that hopefully appeal to your tastes) in a couple weeks. I promise.

I will not buy it, however I am excited to see bronies riding around on a unicorn with 16 pink dye bottles. Heh.

Also, That -stupid- harp snake healer pet, I laugh at every one of these knowing how much waste went into getting one. I thank these people for putting money in PWE's pockets and keeping the game running. Now hopefully PWE will start listening to the other 98% of the player base.