test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Masters: Weekly Wednesday Twitch Stream

1235»

Comments

• Options
    yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks again for the video review guys. Sorry I missed the stream this week but hopefully back next week.
    After watching the replay I do have one suggestion. As we are watching Zovya's stream it seems logical that she should have most of the interactions so that the veiwers can see exactly what is happening. The reason I say this is with 5 players running around with different levels of patience with progression the quests tend to fall into disarray. I know with my quests I build everything from the veiwpoint of the interactions, for example tsumoro saw the whole purpose of the bottom of my ogre path map because he went up and saw the veiwpoint and what I had tried to achieve. Unfortunetly I haven't tried to build the areas for 5 people hence the invisible wall blocking zovya. It didn't really make sense when you guys were standing in the middle of non combat ogre raiders walking towards the door. All the punchlines and little extras seemed missed from the video point of view.

I know you guys still enjoyed and gave really good reviews but just for playback it might be something to consider.
    Thanks again guys

PS. I also wanted to find out if you guys were on dragon server or not. I am looking for a new guild as well mine don't even talk and most times there is only 2 online. A foundry guild would definetly help with the little questions I might have.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yipykaye wrote: »
    Thanks again for the video review guys. Sorry I missed the stream this week but hopefully back next week.
    After watching the replay I do have one suggestion. As we are watching Zovya's stream it seems logical that she should have most of the interactions so that the veiwers can see exactly what is happening. The reason I say this is with 5 players running around with different levels of patience with progression the quests tend to fall into disarray. I know with my quests I build everything from the veiwpoint of the interactions, for example tsumoro saw the whole purpose of the bottom of my ogre path map because he went up and saw the veiwpoint and what I had tried to achieve. Unfortunetly I haven't tried to build the areas for 5 people hence the invisible wall blocking zovya. It didn't really make sense when you guys were standing in the middle of non combat ogre raiders walking towards the door. All the punchlines and little extras seemed missed from the video point of view.

I know you guys still enjoyed and gave really good reviews but just for playback it might be something to consider.
    Thanks again guys

PS. I also wanted to find out if you guys were on dragon server or not. I am looking for a new guild as well mine don't even talk and most times there is only 2 online. A foundry guild would definetly help with the little questions I might have.

Firstly, we're the Dungeon Masters, foundry author guild on Dragon. You're welcome to join us.

About your quest, I bet it was tough watching your baby being dusted by a group of 5 players being silly. Sorry about that. Hopefully a couple of good things will come from it though. Some may see it and be interested in playing it themselves, correctly. And now you know the perspective of a group of players in your quest, because that does happens quite often.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Firstly, we're the Dungeon Masters, foundry author guild on Dragon. You're welcome to join us.
    Can I join? I don't play the game all that much but I'm on Dragon and I'm not in a guild. Send me an invite to Boindil if I can.
  • Options
    yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

About your quest, I bet it was tough watching your baby being dusted by a group of 5 players being silly. Sorry about that. Hopefully a couple of good things will come from it though. Some may see it and be interested in playing it themselves, correctly. And now you know the perspective of a group of players in your quest, because that does happens quite often.

Yeah it's ok. It was great to see the quest from that point of 5 people not being able to see the smaller things and is something that I wwill try to implement more in future quests. Good, bad or ugly I have always learnt something from video reviews.
    And it's the biggest thrill watching people play your work.
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • Options
    tsumorotsumoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just a reminder that the stream will be gooooooooooooing onnnnnnnnnnnnnn tonight 6PM EST / 11Pm GMT. Hope to see you ya'll there!
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Looks like there are a couple coming up I may not have played; hope I can manage a late night :)
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I should be quietly tagging along for the ride tonight. Can't wait.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I should be quietly tagging along for the ride tonight. Can't wait.

Better not be quiet. If you are I'll be trolling you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bump, streaming now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Updated with links to the vids tonight.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sgt Knox was top notch voice acted tonight. Who knew he had a hint of gangsta?
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Just a quick correction... The quest you have linked to on the front page is "Heeding the Call" and not "When all is said and done" ;)
    Happy times!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just a quick correction... The quest you have linked to on the front page is "Heeding the Call" and not "When all is said and done" ;)
    Happy times!

Oopsie. Fixted.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ready for more fun tomorrow.

Let's see if we can get more viewers. I don't think we will keep going each week for just four to five viewers.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Let's see if we can get more viewers. I don't think we will keep going each week for just four to five viewers.

I don't have Tsu's stamina so watched till about 12:30 my time last Wednesday.

The count fluctuated between 11 and 13 in the 90 minutes I was there. It may not be enough for you to keep going, but I assume the count only includes people who are logged in? For example, I have watched your streams for as long as I have been aware of them, but only signed up to Twitch a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I'm really shocked you have lasted as long as you have. Maybe the patch will breath a little more life into it, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    I don't have Tsu's stamina so watched till about 12:30 my time last Wednesday.

The count fluctuated between 11 and 13 in the 90 minutes I was there. It may not be enough for you to keep going, but I assume the count only includes people who are logged in? For example, I have watched your streams for as long as I have been aware of them, but only signed up to Twitch a few weeks ago.

Yeah, that counts those who aren't logged in too. Figure most of those people are us in teamspeak, leaving about 4 or 5 interested peoples watching. I still like it, just may try something different, possibly something more people are interested in.
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited August 2013
    Zovya I have an idea, lets talk next time we are in channel or something.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Aww that's a shame.

It's a pity 'Foundry' stuff can't be posted up in General...but I am wondering if this could be considered a general topic too? After all, it really promotes the whole game - style of combat, classes, the world itself etc. - so would appeal to more than the Foundry audience. Perhaps run that by Sominator and see what he thinks?
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    More people early on, then at about the third quest people start to jet. When there's a giveaway there are quite a few on until after the drawing. Then there are the complaints of "too much fooling around" and not focusing on the quest, so those people don't bother watching anymore. Running the idea of broadening advertisement for the stream by Sominator or any mod is worth looking into, even if you get the mods to do it. I mean, they did a couple of times before, and announcements of the stream has made it to the FB page/Twitter page maybe twice. Those are the times you guys had the most viewers. :S *late night ramble*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well in the UK it doesn't start till 11pm, so midnight and later for the rest of Europe. That's probably why you see people jetting after an hour or so. I love the Foundry and everything, but still need a reasonable amount of sleep :p

Edit: Which actually makes me think of another point. Zovya, do you get any numbers on how many access the episodes outside of the live streaming?
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    True that on EU time. Maybe the time of the stream could change a little if allowed? As for seeing numbers for views, there should be an activity graph on the dashboard page under "Stats". The filter should automatically be set to video plays. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OK that's good. And thanks, I never had a cause to look around too much, so am not at all familiar with the widgets.

Times are a difficult thing when you have a global audience and I wouldn't suggest it be changed to suit anyone except the participants; not when we can watch on catch up at any rate.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    1.5 hours away. Yay!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Video list updated with links.

Done, and done.
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi.

Would you be so kind as to help me review my quest?

Its called

A Simple Request
    NW-DIC2E7M9Z
    by OoKeNnEtHoO
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3334092460809555910/C65DF907C267281029590DD3C96FDD58C8EF8E99/

I'll really appreciate it.

It's still short of 2 reviews to climb out of foundry hell.