test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Masters: Weekly Wednesday Twitch Stream

Comments

• Options
    tsumorotsumoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hah! Was my inbred cripple so horrendous that you cancelled the rest of my campaign? :p

Hiya mate, I answered this question for you in my thread. Depending what you read first, I'll say here as well just for clarification. The answer is 'no' your campaign has not been cancelled. However you are a dutiful author with a few quests and ideally we would like to give everyone a chance to have their content featured.

Your campaign will most likely be played be either myself alone, or with Zovya and featured through my channel. I'll clear this up with Zovya and get to work on it for you sir x
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hah! Was my inbred cripple so horrendous that you cancelled the rest of my campaign? :p

Some people's campaigns are long enough we could spend 2 weeks streaming just their content. I want to make sure we get to more authors during the stream, however. I did promise to tag along with Tsumoro when he is recording his playthoughs for his channel. So hoping to finish playing your campaign either there or here. One way or another, we will be getting some more laughs in. ;)
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You are the best! <3 Both of you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for the last stream and my 2h quest! :p I did warn you though! lol
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One Hour!!!
  • Options
    pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the experience this evening. I had not been able to attend one of your streams until tonight because I work on Wed. nights. I had a good time and will join in as much as possible from now on. Well, before I have to work anyway. :)

Cheers!
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Brilliant stream! Like always :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Grats to Delrachnid for winning the Top Prize!!
  • Options
    delrachniddelrachnid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much! You guys were awesome gave me a great compliment on my quest :)
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really enjoyed you guys running my quest. It made it clearer to me how others see and run through it. It also showed a few spelling errors (whoops!). Also the first time I saw it on max settings, my video card can't keep up with that.
    Sorry you guys got semi-lost in the caves, I did remove almost all quest related sparkly interactables as I found it looked better. And, yes, I did weigh that against people getting utterly lost. *chuckles*

Thank you for running and streaming! I hope you all had fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    All videos updated on the first post, with links. Just waiting for next week!! Huzzahs!
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :D This was actually the first stream I got to watch to the end. I'm especially appreciating all the reading aloud the streamers do and the various voice acting for the audience. Congrats on the Feywild pack, delrachnid! It was really funny because you were all "OMG OMG OMG" while we were waiting for the roll, then you actually got it! ;) The audience was great, streamers were great, and Raph and I got to be guests during Revenge of the Fallen. Thanks for the heals, Raph! That level 60 trap damage on a level 6 halfling was scary (though it not killing me outright really shows how sad traps are).

It was a great night!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    :D This was actually the first stream I got to watch to the end. I'm especially appreciating all the reading aloud the streamers do and the various voice acting for the audience. Congrats on the Feywild pack, delrachnid! It was really funny because you were all "OMG OMG OMG" while we were waiting for the roll, then you actually got it! ;) The audience was great, streamers were great, and Raph and I got to be guests during Revenge of the Fallen. Thanks for the heals, Raph! That level 60 trap damage on a level 6 halfling was scary (though it not killing me outright really shows how sad traps are).

It was a great night!!!!!! :D

Hoping to have you on the next stream!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you guys need a silent CW that blows stuff away from you when you are trying to kill it, or an equally silent DC that heals only himself, you can count me in, too.

Though that does mean I won't be able to watch the stream. Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zovya wrote: »

:eek: That'd be awesome. I'll be moving this weekend, purtying up the new place all week next week. Sitting down for some stream time sounds nice and relaxing and fun!

And Saer, you could always watch the stream afterwards. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    :eek: That'd be awesome. I'll be moving this weekend, purtying up the new place all week next week. Sitting down for some stream time sounds nice and relaxing and fun!

And Saer, you could always watch the stream afterwards. :D

True, stream does lag like it's going out of style for me.

I hope your move goes smooth~
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    If you guys need a silent CW that blows stuff away from you when you are trying to kill it, or an equally silent DC that heals only himself, you can count me in, too.

Though that does mean I won't be able to watch the stream. Decisions, decisions.

Can I just give my view as a viewer - hopefully without treading on anyone's toes.

I'm sure it was fun for your guests, but as they weren't commenting on the quest itself, they added nothing but obstacles that got in the way of the action - I'm surely not the only one is actually watching, right? I stuck it to the end last night, but in the past have shut the stream down when I have seen party members obviously bored and playing up rather than playing the quest.

We deal with that enough in PUG groups, but when staying up (very late in some time zones) to watch this stream, I'd prefer to see people who are there to comment on the quests being showcased and not those odd bands of people who like to pull funny faces behind newscasters trying to report. (Though you did it very prettily Runis).

I hope I don't offend anyone. I can understand the attraction of getting your face on camera, but please give a thought to those of us tuning in to see the quests and hear your comments.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    Can I just give my view as a viewer - hopefully without treading on anyone's toes.

I'm sure it was fun for your guests, but as they weren't commenting on the quest itself, they added nothing but obstacles that got in the way of the action - I'm surely not the only one is actually watching, right? I stuck it to the end last night, but in the past have shut the stream down when I have seen party members obviously bored and playing up rather than playing the quest.

We deal with that enough in PUG groups, but when staying up (very late in some time zones) to watch this stream, I'd prefer to see people who are there to comment on the quests being showcased and not those odd bands of people who like to pull funny faces behind newscasters trying to report. (Though you did it very prettily Runis).

I hope I don't offend anyone. I can understand the attraction of getting your face on camera, but please give a thought to those of us tuning in to see the quests and hear your comments.

Thanks.

No offense taken. :D I was in the actual game (rare for me!) to get a guild invite, and happened to run into Zovya and co. in town. Did a jumping jack emote a few times as homage to the jumping jack kid in Sour's quest (last week's stream), who invaded the camera like so. Got invited to the group, and it was whatever. I suppose I looked bored, but what can you do when you're level 6 in a dungeon with level 60s. I would have rummaged through some moving boxes to get my headset if I knew I'd be tagging along. :rolleyes: I'm sure it's not a commonplace thing. Seemed like delrachnid got some substantial feedback despite the odd group.

Edit: The other lowbie guest actually had a headset and commented on the quest. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The other lowbie guest (*cough*) was having some technical issues and will comment more often next time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsumorotsumoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Thanks.

Hehe don't worry about 'offending' anyone hon, being offended is no more than a moan and not something you have to apologise for. For example you wouldn't say 'sorry I made you moan' you would say 'shut the hell up and stop moaning'. So always say what you mean and mean what you say, then, look them in the eye in the most dead pan face you have and stare them down.

In this quest people were added to the group specifically because they asked, Ralph is on vent and although I got him to read I think he was having issues. Runis was jumping jacking outside and I thought why the devil not. The thing I love about our community, is that we all know each other, we know our work, what we do and what we contribute to. It's a fantastic community and something I have not experienced in a long long time in an MMO. So tired I had become of solo-esque adventures in MMOs as people simply played as if they were packing fruit off a conveyor belt in a factory.

Although not much with regards to feedback was given, that author still picked up an additional play that day with review so it does kinda work itself out. Plus, I can't have too many people speaking in vent... otherwise I wouldn't get to hear the low melody of Beer's voice haha.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    I really enjoyed you guys running my quest. It made it clearer to me how others see and run through it. It also showed a few spelling errors (whoops!). Also the first time I saw it on max settings, my video card can't keep up with that.
    Sorry you guys got semi-lost in the caves, I did remove almost all quest related sparkly interactables as I found it looked better. And, yes, I did weigh that against people getting utterly lost. *chuckles*

Thank you for running and streaming! I hope you all had fun.

Why you saying sorry for you doughnut! I thought the purpose of being in a cave WAS to get lost. It be kinda odd if we all knew the way. Zovya turning to me and saying (after a loving embrace might I add) "Don't worry Puzzleworth, I've been in this cave before". I would consider that to be odd... although not so much Zovya being in the cave before, that's actually pretty normal.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No offense taken. :D I was in the actual game (rare for me!) to get a guild invite, and happened to run into Zovya and co. in town. Did a jumping jack emote a few times as homage to the jumping jack kid in Sour's quest (last week's stream), who invaded the camera like so. Got invited to the group, and it was whatever. I suppose I looked bored, but what can you do when you're level 6 in a dungeon with level 60s. I would have rummaged through some moving boxes to get my headset if I knew I'd be tagging along. :rolleyes: I'm sure it's not a commonplace thing. Seemed like delrachnid got some substantial feedback despite the odd group.

Edit: The other lowbie guest actually had a headset and commented on the quest. :rolleyes:

Glad you didn't take offense runis - you were absolutely not who I was referring to when I made the 'bored' remark. That was not directed at anyone taking part last night. You came across as very excited, which was absolutely wonderful, it just got very crowded inside while trying to see dialogue and effects, which wasn't great for the viewer.

@Tsumoro. I take your point about the additional 'plays' and 'rating' the author benefits from if a full party plays through. And more importantly that NOTHING should get in the way of Beer's commentary or narration. Ever.

EDIT: Not that you, Zov and apocs weren't fun, funny and soothing to listen too as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    When we first started streaming, we had rules. Some very good rules. Unfortunately, they didn't get us anywhere with the community at all. Now we just log into vent, play quests, and have fun. If it works, great. If not, we still have fun. Tsumoro and I are the only regulars now, we hope to have "special" guests whenever we can.
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Date: Wednesday August 2nd, 2013

What calendar is this? LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I really do like watching most of the time, just don't go having too much fun without us, I guess is what I was trying to say.

I really liked it when you had Celantra on as you played through his quest a few weeks ago. Guest spots from authors would be especially welcome from this viewer...despite not being an author (or probably because I'm not), I especially enjoy hearing some of the background to how the quests are built and the story is developed.

And we always have King in the chat room ensuring things don't get too technical or highbrow :p
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The authors are always welcome to join us on their playthrough. We always have a blast when they do. Thanks, I should probably make that more obvious in the future.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What calendar is this? LOL

That's my 'too much whiskey' calendar. Now I'm wondering if I got all the video links correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I really do like watching most of the time, just don't go having too much fun without us, I guess is what I was trying to say.

I really liked it when you had Celantra on as you played through his quest a few weeks ago. Guest spots from authors would be especially welcome from this viewer...despite not being an author (or probably because I'm not), I especially enjoy hearing some of the background to how the quests are built and the story is developed.

And we always have King in the chat room ensuring things don't get too technical or highbrow :p

I'm new to the stream myself, although I have been playing/reviewing what-ever you would wish to call it for some time before hand through my Youtube channel. Much like yourself I am a player more than a creator, although I do like to dabble. It's the time constraints more than anything for me. Plus, I am quite an impatient person haha.

I would love to have authors comment or narrate their own stuff with us, would be cool to ask what they were trying to achieve and motivations behind events and dialog.

Sadly, I believe when the channel was quite popular, honest to god critique was given to authors (who by the by had submitted their quests to do so) and also ways of how they could improve it. Sadly not everyone can take critique nor do people like being told how to improve their quest and some members of the community went on retaliation and attacked other authors quests.

As you could imagine, this got rather personal and petty quite quickly which discouraged a lot of people wanting to do the stream, fearing that if they said anything bad, they would be attacked in return.

Zovya and I really love playing through content and when I was approached she wanted to continue with the stream but keep things fluffy and fun. Well I told her that I love me a nice bit of fluff and considering it was doing what I was doing anyway, but live I thought it would be a good day in the park and it has! I have really enjoyed having everyone come along and get involved with the twitch chat.

Everyone has been a good sport, its a nerve racking thing being an author and having yourself 'exposed' and 'vulnerable' to a community who are watching your content live. It feels really nice to be part of a community again and I thank you and everyone whole-heartedly for making this journey so fantastic.

But yes, I would be keen to have more people join the narration process and even on the technical process. Zovya is very technical minded with the foundry and she has, on and off given suggestions where shes seen the author trying to do something that doesn't quite gel.

Anyhow, enough of the ramble from me :)
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's my 'too much whiskey' calendar. Now I'm wondering if I got all the video links correct.

#bigsmile

No worries ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As already pointed out, we are not actively criticizing these quests. It is more along the lines of pointing to what we liked, or acknowledging how much work was put into the presentation.

If I see something rather blatantly wrong or odd, I would let the Author know through different channels, of which there are several.

In a perfect world, Authors who get feedback, (particularity the bad feedback), would roll with it and fix the issue. Or explain why it was Working As Intended.
    Sadly, this apparently was not how it worked in the past. Hence a slight modification to the comments made while surfing the quests. Good or Bad response? To tell the truth, I do not know. But we can have fun without potential repercussions at least.

As to Role Playing. I am not a RP'er, but I do not judge either. If it is being over played I have the option to move on, or ignore it even (if I deem it overly boring). It does not directly distract from game play to me with either option.
    As my foundry quests show, I like a viable (believable?) story told in a succulent and straight forward manner and interposed with hack and slash. It is all about how it plays to the user as to how successful this approach is.

If it seemed like we were distracting from the story, I apologize. We are a fun (and funny, to us at least) crew to run with. But it may not suit everyones taste.

And that brings it to the point, doesn't it. We were in there to Play The Quest. Myself and the others had fun doing so.

And when all is said and done, that is why we are all here. Because it is FUN.

Later - DRUM
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding