test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

X-Pack to much ?

valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was thinking great X-pack!! thinking $20 or maybe $30 ...

$65 Really ?

Sorry guys imho that is just way to much money for an expansion.
Post edited by valesia on

Comments

• Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The $60 is NOT for the expansion material; you get access to all of that for FREE.
    The $60 pack is for optional/cosmetic stuff and is completely unnecessary to enjoy the new material.
  • Options
    valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for clearing that up!!
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's outrageous that they would offer a cosmetic package for the same price of a full game or expansion. Do the math. Its not worth it.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    It's outrageous that they would offer a cosmetic package for the same price of a full game or expansion. Do the math. Its not worth it.

To you. Its not worth it to you. You dont get to say what its worth to other people.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To you. Its not worth it to you. You dont get to say what its worth to other people.

Nor do you .....
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's not worth it to me either.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    It's not worth it to me either.

Congrats! You two dont speak for everyone in the game, nor everyone on the forums.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congrats! You two dont speak for everyone in the game, nor everyone on the forums.
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Nor do you .....
    Thank you mconosrep.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Thank you mconosrep.

Oh Im sorry, I forgot how I said that I did. Way to look like a ******.
  • Options
    fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People seem to be unwilling to put any money into games these days - WoW made you pay $60 for the game, then you had to pay a subscription, then you had to pay $60 for each xpac. Not sure why there's so much outrage - let people with the expendable incomes buy the frivolous stuff if they want. Why it matters to everyone is beyond me.
  • Options
    sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    It's still too much for the little you get compared to other F2P or B2P games, it's also too expensive compared to a P2P game. 1 Pack = 5-6 months of subs.

The zen shop is the most expensive I've seen in any MMO.
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »

In TSW one update costs 5 bucks. Ok, ok - here it costs nothing. But you can get a fairy and BDSM elves for 60 bucks.
    I think it's real deal
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's still too much for the little you get compared to other F2P or B2P games, it's also too expensive compared to a P2P game. 1 Pack = 5-6 months of subs.

Its a good thing you dont need to buy anything to play the game then huh. Buy things that are worth it to you, and then you will be satisfied.
  • Options
    fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

But you don't HAVE to have it to play so...
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That "cosmetic expansion" is also the price it costs for Mac users to play this game without wanting to install Windows onto a partition of their drive. Basically what I'm trying to say is that PWE could have had my $60, but they didn't get it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That "cosmetic expansion" is also the price it costs for Mac users to play this game without wanting to install Windows onto a partition of their drive. Basically what I'm trying to say is that PWE could have had my $60, but they didn't get it.

Unfortunately not every game developer wants to code their games for the small small percentage of Mac gamers.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The expansion costs $0 so no it is perfectly priced.

A cosmetic pack with a cosmetic elf race a mount a companion some jewelry
    and some free stuf/codes for other PW games costs $60.
    That also seems fairly reasonable. I will admit I have not fully decided to buy or not to buy.
    I need to see how the Dungeon changes affects the game overall especially the new leashing.
    I will then be able to decide based on the content and game play if $60 is reasonable to invest
    based on my enjoyment level...I do like the Elf cosmetic the Unicorn and companion value across all characters.

I will not say compared to other games it is or is not worth because they charge
    more or less as there is no comparison.
    I Payed more many times for less in lotro but based on my enjoyment of the game it was worth it.
    I have paid less in tera but again it was based on my enjoyment level at the time and honestly
    the price was worth it and raised my enjoyment as it was purchase a hard copy
    to get founders benifits after f2p.
    I have paid nothing in Scarlet Blade while I do enjoy the game I see nothing worth actually
    paying for althouh earning free AP got me the one thing I did want from the store.

So each game is based on the enjoyment level entertainment value and not directly comparable to each other.
    I have spent $20 here so far and may spend $60 more for the new pack.
    Would I like it for less sure of course I would.
    Will I complain it is to high nope I will not since it is nothing I must buy nothing I need.
    I do tend to spend my disposable income on things that entertain me and so far
    Neverwinter is doing a good job of that.
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    For this pack I don't think it's worth it. Never been a fan of elves or unicorns. If they ever put out a pack that I *am* interested in then I'd fork over the cash for sure.
  • Options
    endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    Yeah bad idea imo specially since the are not likely to add the moon elves/unicorn to the zen shop afterwards or have a way in game to purchase the pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    endagon wrote: »
    Yeah bad idea imo specially since the are not likely to add the moon elves/unicorn to the zen shop afterwards or have a way in game to purchase the pack.

Which is wierd since they did that for tye HotN and Guardian packs.
  • Options
    derspenglerderspengler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nikitaoz wrote: »
    In TSW one update costs 5 bucks. Ok, ok - here it costs nothing. But you can get a fairy and BDSM elves for 60 bucks.
    I think it's real deal

BDSM elves? I miss a meme or something here? :)

Assumed that was the drow...
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So... how many of those games that you must pay $60 for let you play most of them without paying? Considering this stuff is purely optional, you get the best of both worlds - you don't have to pay if you don't want to, and you still get to play. Great how that works, eh!?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Man, you fanboys never stop.

Please, don't let our frustrations with a boring game stop you from playing. No need to post. Seen it all before. Run along and run the same content again, and again, and again, and again...
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Please, don't let our frustrations with a boring game stop you from playing. No need to post. Seen it all before. Run along and run the same content again, and again, and again, and again...

Oh and you jump on the bandwagon hate mongers that do nothing but whine are differant?
    There is clearly no need to post your frustrations and same old BS in every thread.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    J

Oh here we go. Anyone happy with the game is a out of touch fanboy? What possesses someone to stick around a board for a game they don't like?

Anyway, ill bite. I love the game. I post when I can't play the game. I can't play right now because I am on the toilet.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess complaining is much easier than just not paying for the cosmetic stuff.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol I see the same people on EVERY thread defending PWE/cryptic, are you being paid to be damage control? You spend all day defending this scam company and their corrupt business practices, I hope the money is good.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nick1stern wrote: »
    Oh and you jump on the bandwagon hate mongers that do nothing but whine are differant?
    There is clearly no need to post your frustrations and same old BS in every thread.

If you are seeing the same old "BS" in every thread, by different people....doesn't that say something to you?

Opinions of mmo's really boil down to how much bad you are willing to put up with. All MMO's have good and bad points. Those who stay with an mmo long term do so because the good outweighs the bad.

It's my opinion that Neverwinter is balancing on the ragged edge right now, and GG did not do anything to help that fact. I am hoping the new module tilts the balance in favor of those who like the game, because I am one of them.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lol I see the same people on EVERY thread defending PWE/cryptic, are you being paid to be damage control? You spend all day defending this scam company and their corrupt business practices, I hope the money is good.

Yea like those people who post all day complaining about the game and claiming they have quit already. Well? why are they still around? Probably because they are paid posters employed by other publishers, I hope the money is good.

I don believe this btw just pointing out how dumb that statement was.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    If you are seeing the same old "BS" in every thread, by different people....doesn't that say something to you?

Opinions of mmo's really boil down to how much bad you are willing to put up with. All MMO's have good and bad points. Those who stay with an mmo long term do so because the good outweighs the bad.

It's my opinion that Neverwinter is balancing on the ragged edge right now, and GG did not do anything to help that fact. I am hoping the new module tilts the balance in favor of those who like the game, because I am one of them.

No actually it is the same few whinning QQers that claim they quit weeks ago but seem to come back to complain.
    Complain about new stuff they could not have experianced because they already quite according to them.
    the same few I hate everything about the game the store the devs the whatever complainers with
    nothing constructive or good to say.... Well maybe if they actually said goodbye and stopped
    spamming the same BS complaints and jumping on the Hate bandwagon. (that would be a good thing)