test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keybinds mayhem!

epicin1epicin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
My first character has interact/loot set on E and encounter 2 on F, as I want it to be. However, my second character (Epicin) can't switch those. The default way is interact F and encounter 2 E, however when I set interact on E, The encounter 2 automatically switches to E. So I have two E's. This is the same way other way around. Please fix this, but take your time, I'm not doing anything important anyway.
Post edited by epicin1 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . On your good keybind character, type in chat:
    /bind_save_file

. . . . . Then log into your bad keybind characeter and type in chat:
    /bind_load_file

. . . . . You can also make specific bind files by naming them like so:
    /bind_save_file filenameyouwant.txt
    /bind_load_file filenameyouwant.txt

. . . . . You can also edit those files with notepad and then load them (no need to close the game out). They are located in your Neverwinter/Live directory.

. . . . . A word of advice, when editing those files, if you see any parts that say ('null') - change that to (' ') or else you'll get an error output in chat when pressing that key. (There should be a space left between the apostrophes. It is a known bug the Cryptic Client likes to replace it with the word null instead.)
  • Options
    r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Alternately, if you go into the Options and interface settings, there are a couple buttons that show up on the bottom of the option window (Save UI and Load UI) - ironically, these actually save not just the UI but your chat settings and your keybinds, yet they only show up on the UI options section.
    (Sorry I do not remember the exact name of the option/setting section, the launcher and game currently kill my internet connection so I cannot get in to see specifically)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]