test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you send mail in NW

missaniteemissanitee Member Posts: 38
edited July 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I dont understand how to do this like what is a "handle"? can some 1 be specific
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Well met!

. . . . . I hope this isn't too long winded for you but you asked to be specific, so here goes:

. . . . . @handles are the unique nickname for a player's account in Cryptic Games. They are shared and unique across all Cryptic Games, so no matter which of the current three Cryptic MMOs you might play on this account, your @handle will be the same on them all. This allows you some anonymity while also providing a secure basis for identification and social means.

. . . . . So, while character names are not unique in Crytpic Games, @handles are unique and span all three current games. @handles should never be your real name, personal info, or your account login name. If it is, contact Support Immediately and inform them of the privacy breach and they will work with you on a resolve.

. . . . . When you see other's typing in chat, right click one of their names and you'll see an @handle penned to the end of their name as a suffix. For example, my @handle is @zebular and my main character's name is 'Old Zeb' - this would make my complete character name 'Old Zeb'@zebular

. . . . . So, if you wanted to send mail just to that character of mine, you'd send it to 'Old Zeb'@zebular - However, if you wanted to send me mail that I would see no matter what character I am logged into, you can send mail to just my @handle of @zebular and I'll see it no matter what character I am on.

. . . . . You can do this latter to yourself also to send items in the mail to transfer to your other characters on the same Shard. You cannot mail items to characters on another Shard.

. . . . . Also, another way to see a players' @handle is to go get close to them and press the interaction button (F by default) and in the drop down gump menu, at the top will be their character name and @handle. You can also click the Cog Wheel on the top left of the Chat Box to open chat options and choose to show player @handles in chat. A couple ways to see your @handle in game is to go into ALT mode and right-click your portrait, or open the Social page and it should be displayed on the bottom to you.

. . . . . Alternatively, out of game - you can see your @handle on the launcher when you first sign into it, before pressing play. It will be the nickname listed on the top left of the launcher. You can also go here, to Cryptic's Account Management site and it will be the name listed on the top left also when first signing in. This is also where you can manage the Account Guard system, which is why you'll need to provide a one-time code (check email) after trying to sign in for the first time, or if you have it set to not remember that browser.

. . . . . For new users post PWE/Cryptic Merger, your forum name should also be your @handle. If it is not, then you can request that your forum name be used as your @handle, providing someone else isn't already using it as their @handle in any of the three Cryptic Games (they're all linked). You can do this through the Cryptic Account Management site I listed above, it will be the very last option there-in.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @handle is your forum name. To send the mail to all of your characters, you can send the mail to @missanitee.

There is an option to see people's handle in game but by default it is turned off. I am not sure where the setting is at though but when set in chat you will see someones name with handle. If the option in chat is turned on, you would see this when someone chats.

Instead of

Vorgryn ........message

It would be this

Vorgryn@doogie74
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Pretty sure that when you hold the mouse cursor over the To-field when composing, it'll say your handle. (like "If you want to send mail to your alts, your handle is @ladymuthos".)
  • Options
    shelltaura1shelltaura1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ;)hey there how are you