test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalescent ward needs to be cheaper

chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can we get a price drop on this please to something like 500 zen ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I don't disagree with this...
    But have you noticed their AH Price? :)
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't spend zen to get them. 1000 zen is around 330,000 AD (the conversion price for AD hovers around 330, sometimes as low as 228, up to 334) On the AH you can get them for 110,000 AD. Remember that many of the Coalescent Wards on the AH are from the Celestial Coin turn in, or from Coffers of Enchantment. The people selling them are still making a decent profit at 110,000. I have seen the Wards go for as little as 104,000 but they don't last long.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I don't disagree with this...
    But have you noticed their AH Price? :)

I believe AH ward pricing is set by players, while the Zen shop is fixed.

Considering the AH pricing fluctuates everyday, it will be hard to set a new Zen price for the ward.

Anway, there are other Zen stuff that are better candidates for price lowering :)
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I didn't say it wasn't set by players timmbeer.

I merely pointed out you can get them much cheaper from the Auction House.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I didn't say it wasn't set by players timmbeer.

I merely pointed out you can get them much cheaper from the Auction House.

ok, ok, just expressing my thoughts back in my post. forums is a bit chaotic now, so everyone should stay calm :)
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Don't spend zen to get them. 1000 zen is around 330,000 AD (the conversion price for AD hovers around 330, sometimes as low as 228, up to 334) On the AH you can get them for 110,000 AD. Remember that many of the Coalescent Wards on the AH are from the Celestial Coin turn in, or from Coffers of Enchantment. The people selling them are still making a decent profit at 110,000. I have seen the Wards go for as little as 104,000 but they don't last long.

Yeah that's why it needs a price drop $10 bucks is too much.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah that's why it needs a price drop $10 bucks is too much.

The thing is, what happens if the wards in Ah suddenly rises to 500k AD (If)? How will it affect the zen price now? Can the zen price for the ward be raised instead?

More extreme case, what if after dropping the price of zen for the ward, the AH price suddenly drops to 30k-40k. Should the zen price be dropped again?

I am not trying to pick an argument, just feedbacks and scenarios.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just expressing my opinion $10 bucks is too much. I think $5 is a more fair value.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just expressing my opinion $10 bucks is too much. I think $5 is a more fair value.

Understandable. And I do not need an answer for my thoughts anyway.

Though I believe there are better candidates in the zen store for lowering price :)
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    The thing is, what happens if the wards in Ah suddenly rises to 500k AD (If)? How will it affect the zen price now? Can the zen price for the ward be raised instead?

More extreme case, what if after dropping the price of zen for the ward, the AH price suddenly drops to 30k-40k. Should the zen price be dropped again?

I am not trying to pick an argument, just feedbacks and scenarios.

You are correct. Any change in the zen price for CWs will also effect the pricing on the AH. A drop to 500 zen will certainly drop the AH price as well, which is not really a bad thing. I just don't think it is really needed. Even at 500 AD for a CW it will be cheaper to obtain them by using the AH, simply because the CWs are found in other places than the Zen shop, namely the Coffers of Enchantment and Wondrous Augmentation.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can get one for free every 7 days . This keeps the price down on the AH .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lower prices is always good :)
  • Options
    blazenarblazenar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    You can get one for free every 7 days . This keeps the price down on the AH .

I wish I could get one for free every 7 days, all I get are the green ones.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    I agree on this. They are way to expensive. I pay 11,89$/7,82 Pounds for 1000 Zen
    (Price on Zen varies, depending on what part of the world your in)
  • Options
    everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    I have never gotten a blue ward from a celestial purchase. They are insanely priced and it is driving me away from the game. I like to PvP but i just cannot compete with the farmers that have made millions off exploit farms. They are running around in rank 7 and 8 enchants with top tier gear and millions of AD. I earn a fraction of AD and have never been able to sell anything for more than 30k AD. People are charging millions for certain items.....

A casual gamer cannot compete and the disparity in power is incredible from a fresh 60 to a decked out character that does nothing but run ring farms and speed dungeons or harvests nodes.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think for the amount of failure that goes in to fusing, and the amount of enchants you need, there shouldn't be wards at all. There should be no failure, just lower the drop rate on these things. There is no point whatsoever in putting 1% on the chance, unless you're just saying they are more for the 1% players, which goes in line with the p2w idea.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    blazenar wrote: »
    I wish I could get one for free every 7 days, all I get are the green ones.

I totally got to thumb my nose at the RNG today, and got a coalescent ward out of the coffers from all three characters who can invoke. Usually I get one every couple of weeks.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think theyre going to lower the price of wards, they just lowered the drop chance of them from the celestial bags.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    I don't think theyre going to lower the price of wards, they just lowered the drop chance of them from the celestial bags.

:(

Got a link to this as I must have missed it in the patch notes?
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have never gotten a blue ward from a celestial purchase. They are insanely priced and it is driving me away from the game. I like to PvP but i just cannot compete with the farmers that have made millions off exploit farms. They are running around in rank 7 and 8 enchants with top tier gear and millions of AD. I earn a fraction of AD and have never been able to sell anything for more than 30k AD. People are charging millions for certain items.....

A casual gamer cannot compete and the disparity in power is incredible from a fresh 60 to a decked out character that does nothing but run ring farms and speed dungeons or harvests nodes.

9-10 rank enchantments + perfect armor / weapon enchantments and yes you can't really compete with this .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed