vikingbrad wrote: »
    Cragmire Crypts last boss drop. Very easy to get so not worth buying on AH

But only in party or in solo too?
  • ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    anyone pls answer is this build still available
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Just check previous posts, also at xmeanseason's build...
    theres just been a person spaming the build threads a few days ago, with the same question.

Just by the way, if you'd check the changes with M2, your question would be answered.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
    edited December 2013
    craeh can u jsut answer me i think im kinda lazy to look at it pls
    edited December 2013
    Devoted Cleric
    Daunting Light can now trigger all weapon enchantments.
    Flame Strike is now able to properly score critical hits.
    Flame Strike now obeys line of sight rules.
    Power of the Sun is now part of the Righteous Tree.
    Restoration Mastery is now part of the Virtuous Tree.
    Many powers that didn't properly trigger certain effects now do. These powers include:
    Astral Guardian
    Daunting Light
    Flamestrike
    Hallowed Ground

does not really understand it because im new on cleric..so would u pls kinda let me know if this build still work
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Oh for god's sake.

Any kind of 'build' in this game is entirely viable. You're quibbling over very minor differences at best, so calling them builds at all is questionable. Hell, when shadowmantle went live and all my feats got reset, it took me a good couple of days to notice ("hey, shouldn't hallowed ground be healing me?...ohhhh")

The only major difference since this was made is that hammer of fate took a major hit from the nerfbat, and is now sub-viable at best.

Other than that, and some minor variations on the choice of heroic feats that are mostly personal choices (because minor differences at best, see above), this build is still fine.
    edited December 2013
    What u mean hammer of fate is viable at best? English is not my first language sorry but can u explain more detail for me..from what i know is that they nerf 40% power of the hammer that mean if my hammer can crit for 30k -40%=18k only lol..and if this build is still available than same goes for xmanseason build too right guys?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hammer of Fate has (er...had) potentially high damage, but it also has the disadvantage of being highly telegraphed and split into three slow strikes. Breaking line of sight, dodging, teleporting, blocking, etc. all reduce its effectiveness.

The CC immunity and damage resistance is nice and all, but it also roots you in place when you cast, so there's that little trade-off. Its high damage value was about the only thing it had going for it, provided you had good timing and landed all 3 hits, but now it's pretty awful.

Hammer of Fail won't be viable again until the devs follow through on tweaking it to be a true execution power. The damage reduction and the piddly action point refund contingent on landing a killing blow were not Cryptic's best ideas.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited December 2013
    So u mean this daily become rubbish..i dont realy care bout that just wanna know if this gctrl build.and xmanseason build still available since mod 2 patch
    edited December 2013
    ottoarc wrote: »
    So u mean this daily become rubbish..i dont realy care bout that just wanna know if this gctrl build.and xmanseason build still available since mod 2 patch

There weren't any earth-shattering changes that would make this build suddenly awful. If anything it should work a little better with Armor Penetration applying to more powers.

Use builds for inspiration or even as general guidelines, but don't feel obligated to follow step-by-step the whole way. For example, putting three ranks into Sooth something I would never do, so I would make different choices there.

Bottom line: you're fully capable of figuring it out. Play with the powers, see what you like and don't like, and choose accordingly. As for whether a specific build on these forums is viable or not, you have to consider how the author intended it to be used and whether or not that fits with your playstyle and goals.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited December 2013
    Just so u know i love this kind of guide being a dc and able to dish out damage like any gwp.tr and cw...i know tr had build like this but the whole neverwinter game had almost like 30% tr was doing the same builf and that would be boring..but as a dc..everyone will thought that dc is for healing and supporting but not damaging either in pvp or pve..thats what i like bout it as a dc i can do some damage to suprise them ..and they would probablt think that...omg!this dc can hif harder than me and his crit was like 30k...hahaha...just want to be more unique
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If a DC can hit 30k crit then either he is overgeared or the enemy team is undergeared. The damage reduction + deflection on the enemies should reduce the 30k crit into nothing, at least to 5k-10k damage with crit, thats why the DPS build is not so viable in pvp, you are much more squishier and there are a new class that starts to snipe from the pillar and snipe those on the pillar.

In addition, immune is so good that u can avoid the damage from dailies and daunting light. I managed to skip 3 skills in a row when i was near to death from a DODC (Chains, Daunting Light, HoF) just by dodging and Exaltation. DC if u know he play DPS role, when he switches to divine mode and swing his hand, everyone will dodge immediately automatically, not recommend to play as DPS unless for fun, you cant burst down a sent gwf even 20% of his HP though.
    edited December 2013
    lol is it so worst to be a dps Dc right now ?
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is true that with the greater reliance of deflection to slow down the damage from high dps classes, the damage output of a dc is really hurt.

I disagree that a 30k crit is a sign of an overgeared cleric. all it takes is 2 to 3k power a lesser vorpal. our damage spells are actually influenced very little by our feat choices.

terryifying insight, cycle of change, daunting light debuff boost, blessing of battle power boost, high wisdom score, crit severity boost.
    not much else really - ethereal boon does more to increase your damage potential than anything else. Casting a spell in divine mode for a damage boost tends to do more than cycle of change.

not much cleric damage boosting to see here.
    edited December 2013
    Hrrrnnhhh.....(EDIT: replying to ottoarc, not glowingember)

DCs are not, in this game, primary healers. The 'default' position for a DC is more or less a sub-par AoE damage-dealer who can buff/debuff, mitigate like a fiend, and do some healing.

Depending on feat choices, you can boost the damage-dealing at the expense of the heals, boost the healing at the expense of the damage dealing, or boost the survivability at the expense of both. However, the differences are slight, and most stats benefit any playstyle (stacking critical strike to improve burst damage will also improve chances of critical heals and repurpose soul heals).
    And, in all cases, you can still mitigate damage like a champ.

Obviously you could also choose to put no points into damage powers or heal powers (depending on how you wanted to play), but you get so many points that NOT spreading them between the two types of power is idiotic, so you shouldn't do that.

So what builds like GCTRL's represent are usually very finely-honed min-maxing designed to squeeze the absolute maximum potential out of a given class for a given role. They're top end PvP builds, and as such only make a difference when played at top level, with a high degree of skill, against equally highly skilled players.

A good player with a sub-optimal build will wipe the floor with a crappy player using a perfect build, because skill is important.

And, of course, an awful lot of the remainder (after you account for skill) is just...gear. Gear makes a huge difference for clerics in PvP in this game: we don't have a smooth progression from "just dinged 60" to "BiS everywhere", we have...a cliff, pretty much. If you stick to purples, our gear is either 'not nearly good enough' or 'excessive'.
    edited December 2013
    replying to morsitans...so does that mean this GCTRL build and Xmanseason build still is available...but does thier damage output can outdamage a cw..a gwp..a tr too ?
    edited December 2013
    If by 'available', you mean "viable", then yes, they're still perfectly workable (though don't rely on HoF for high damage anymore: you're better off with flamestrike, or just sticking down a hallowed ground to buff your encounter damage).

As to whether they'd outdamage CWs, GWFs or TRs? That's a meaningless question. You'd need to compare gear (and gear isn't directly comparable anyway: crit-heavy classes like TRs get much more punch out of vorpals, for instance) and spec, since (for instance) a sentinel GWF and a destroyer GWF are quite different.

Can they do "not hilariously laughable", decent damage? Yes.
    Will your team nevertheless probably facepalm when they realise you're specced for dps? Yes.
    edited December 2013
    lol why would they facepalm when i spec for dps lolx ?? and i would want to dish out my crit more than any class..so what i have to do ??? isn't hallowed ground just buff your attack and defence but flamestrike is pure damage and i kinda like guardian of faith too lolx...
    edited December 2013
    lol why would they facepalm when i spec for dps lolx ?? and i would want to dish out my crit more than any class..so what i have to do ??? isn't hallowed ground just buff your attack and defence but flamestrike is pure damage and i kinda like guardian of faith too lolx...

Again, a DPS DC spec is not extremely competitive in PvP. Very reliant on burst damage, yet equipped with only 3 encounter powers and limited dodge ability compared to CW. They are extremely easy to counter, so playing a DC this way against skilled, well-geared PvPers is something of an uphill battle.

In PvE a redundant DC can fill a DPS spot without any issues, but most groups will seek active support above DPS. After all, if they wanted more AoE damage, the spot could have been filled by another CW (or HR, GWF, whatever, really).

Hallowed Ground is a fantastic skill for the team damage and defense buff. Flamestrike is attractive for the CC (provided you can consistently aim the center splat) and isn't too shabby damage-wise when it crits.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited December 2013
    @glow, 30k on fresh 60 cws i will believe it with vorpals and high prophet set + virtuous, but 30k on fresh 60 gwf or gf or dc... oh ha.ha.ha..
    Btw, a cleric with the extra AD to get a vorpal is not overgeared? hmm...

Our hp is only 23k+ before we get our bis items. So ok I am with high prophet set now, I use SB, Ex, AS and normal dodge only, currently virtuous and will respec it into balanced feats and power later, i give u 3 minutes to burst me down, which means bursting 15 Daunting lights and 30 more skills u like on me, do you think u can kill me 1v1 without any interruption? Yes u may, if only if u are lucky and well geared, but in reality? If both team's tr cw hr gf and gwf roaming here and there, i doubt u will survive half of a cc chain. Go dps before lvl 59, quit it after u reach 60.

"A dead cleric is nothing." quote from all top tier clerics, gwf, gf, tr, cw and the new HR. Hope u know it.
    edited December 2013
    A lesser vorp isn't that hard to get: I made mine for free using a freebie coalescent and dungeon drop vorp shards, and with the new system it should be now about twice as easy to turn that into a normal vorp, which I hope I'll be able to do....eventually.

(it'll certainly happen before I get a single **** piece of MH armour to drop...grrrr)
    edited December 2013
    what you all mean is i should not play a dps dc..if i want dps i should go for cw, gwp and tr and other that ?? is that what you mean ?? i play dc dps because i wanna feel unique and can pawn in pvp..currently only level 24 so i cant say much yet but i kinda like it..yesterday i went to pvp and my score is 10-0 ..lolx mayb im lucky
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    all I said is that in the current state of pvp, people are stacking a lot of deflect now to counter the damage output of hr. This has the unfortuneate effect of hurting our burst type damage. With my current anointed champion build I can beat just about anyone 1 on 1 and sometimes 2 on 1. I discovered my lack of deflection is really hurting me and it will take me 2 weeks to farm the ad I need for 2 greater rings of repulsion, no it will take me 4 weeks its an expensive ring. sigh.

I will post my stats soon for commentary.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what you all mean is i should not play a dps dc..if i want dps i should go for cw, gwp and tr and other that ?? is that what you mean ?? i play dc dps because i wanna feel unique and can pawn in pvp..currently only level 24 so i cant say much yet but i kinda like it..yesterday i went to pvp and my score is 10-0 ..lolx mayb im lucky

Low lvl DC this is common. Once you hit 60 its an extreme rarity. (though it may be a bit more feasible with arp working for DCs now, maybe..)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited December 2013
    well... cleric before 59 u may go for dps since no one CARE abt u, if u meant to pvp, listen to my advice, pick a halfling with 14 dex 12 cons (13dex 14 cons if u want) and put all point into str and chas/wis. Use daunting light, chains and sunburst with dodge and u may get a head hunter title if u are lucky against bots or other newbie. If u suddenly encounter someone with zen pets, then take care they are either p2w or are those experienced and skilled person with their alt there. (My Dawn did draw some anger from the opposite team when i backcapping and stall a HR and gwf in near full hp xD). When u reach 60, respec ur DC into pure dex and cons. Pick AC path and use the Anionted Armor feature. Go sent build and u own the game.

Lvl 24 is new to DC, u can reroll if u want for the best stats and power + u got the experience and know how the mechanics works. Actually i got 2 human cleric since beta with the caturday surivivor title, 1 for pve heal, 1 for pvp, deleted since M1 to get my new sun elf (Elf) as it has the same features except deflect wih halfling. And now im trying to build it my own so it is unique to all DC, i will post my power and feats build asap if i found that is good and can be an alt to gctrl pvp tank build and other dps build. @orto, learn to play, PLAY to win! use your skills to bully others if u understand every single bit of them.
    edited December 2013
    Low lvl DC this is common.

Well, i did met a rude lvl 40-49 HR PERXX@XXXXXXXX (cannot name that person in forum due to some reasons u knw what). He keep scolding me nub because i failed to heal him and he die. "morons, this team are morons, Fxxk you all, especially that FxxKing cleric that dunno how to heal !!! Fxxx u! FXXX U!!!" i got to listen at his shout in teamspeak for 15 minutes and that lit my anger. Oh gosh, did he know halfling cleric doesn't kill or heal much? Did he really is a end game player? i really speechless when he die from 1v1ing a cw while i tank the rest 4 at mid, he even die before me and doesn't he knw domination isn't abt kill but is cap instead? He even send an insulting message after i ask him what i do wrong in pvp (in case he is really a pro and i really made a mistake), guess what he said? in caps " YOU !@#$%^& SHIET !@#$%^& CLERIC, YOU @#$%^ DIDNT HEAL ME AND AS A CLERIC U DIDNT KILL AT ALL!!! YOU FXXKING!@#$%^" then, i was blocked... heard that my guildmates are also blocked by him when i told them to take care abt him in pvp, i dunno why they are blocked too. Well, the next match i did ask him politely and i found that there are really some ppl trolling here and thr. Top scorer TR have 8k score, me at avg has 6k, he.... has 1k+ and so i facepalm.

In conclusion, cleric doesnt kill much especially halflings if they intended to tank, not kill. Dps cleric isnt the best option in pvp unless they have 1v1 2v2 feature in M3, We cap to win, not kill to win.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have no idea what you're saying or what direction you are trying to go with your response to my post. I honestly feel dumber for reading it.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited December 2013
    @ roll, i mean ppl expecting low level cleric doesn't tank or cap but expecting them to kill a lot instead. So i mention a case on me that someone wanted me to kill a lot and doesn't want me to defend node. Now get it?
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I play a level 60 DPS DC. I was inspired by Gctrl, that's for sure, so you could say clone. I have my own take on it and have done 2 respecs since I followed his path. It is possible to DPS DC. I run the dot line with all the heavy deflect out there, it's more likely to hit and they can't deflect any of the dot if they don't deflect the first shot. I have taken down good geared GWFs with it. I haven't faced a great GWF, but I'm also in random purples with crit on em and R5s enchants, no weapon or armor enchant. So I have a lot of room for improvement.

If I play against a premade, they know to quickly take me down. otherwise I destroy people... then again, I'm a DC. I put down divine AS, so they try to take me down anyways. How you tell a good premade vs just some buddies in the same guild is how well can they handle a DC standing in AS. Oh, and I'm a DODC. Brand of the sun + astral seal is an amazing tool of regen. seal + brand on the entire team means they all heal me.

In the end, if you are dealing with deflect heavy, switch from the AoE to DoTs. you can kill people that way, it just takes a bit longer. Divine forge flame is a heal and massive snare. Even if the GWF pops unstoppable, they still burn and heal you while they hit you. Break the spirit is a really strong tool to wreck their defenses, making your dots hit harder. I run 2 dots + shield and seal. Keeps people alive and lets me DPS. :)