test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recommend Good Story Quests?

avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
I've just finished the quest 'Chasing Shadows' and was extremely impressed with it. I was rather disappointed to find the author didn't have a followup or even a different quest entirely. I was just hoping someone could recommend other quests with brilliantly written and interesting storylines without the combat being too difficult (The friend I play with is boring and only runs foundry's when I force him, so needs to be solo+ companion friendly)

Here's to hoping!

Edit: Well I've played so many one after the other, I can't really remember many of the others I thought good. I'll just add to this post as and when I find any more. I really appreciate the recommendation of A Birthday Affair, but i'm certainly sulking again about the lack of a follow up.
  • Chasing Shadows by Valiru
  • Return from the Void by runis12
  • A Birthday Affair by Jedensuscg
  • A Missing Man by Redneckronin
The Lonely Dagger Saga:
The Lonely Dagger Inn
NW-DHMMZR6BJ
The Not so Lonely Dagger
NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
Once Bitten
NW-DUPFPJNSW
Post edited by avatre21 on

Comments

• Options
    varkhus2013varkhus2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    avatre21 wrote: »
    I've just finished the quest 'Chasing Shadows' and was extremely impressed with it. I was rather disappointed to find the author didn't have a followup or even a different quest entirely. I was just hoping someone could recommend other quests with brilliantly written and interesting storylines without the combat being too difficult (The friend I play with is boring and only runs foundry's when I force him, so needs to be solo+ companion friendly)

Here's to hoping!

Edit: I've just finished another really good one: Return from the Void. Just in case anyone was interested in playing them too ;)

Hello friend. My first Foundry quest is up and I did try to give it some good story elements, while still being solo-friendly and staying at about the 20-minute mark. It's called Bandit's Legacy, short code NW-DCU88SMBQ. It's a few plays short of qualifying as a daily quest, so I'd appreciate any play-throughs. I'll make it a point to play yours as well. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    lrkqellalrkqella Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please check out my quest. It is built for solo play, has (so the reviews say) an engaging story and should keep you entertained. The title and short code are in my sig.

Cheers

Knyght
    Bo Hemian's Rhapsody (NW-DMSNMLN9U) - Balance of combat, story, puzzles and exploration.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lrkqella wrote: »
    Please check out my quest. It is built for solo play, has (so the reviews say) an engaging story and should keep you entertained. The title and short code are in my sig.

Cheers

Knyght

Already played, reviewed and enjoyed this quest. Looking forward to another from you :)
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited July 2013
    City in Conflict my campaign is very story/lore oriented. The first quest being primarily setup of characters and a decent story, leading into a fun little dungeon crawl and then a interesting little city adventure with lots of easter eggs and interactables. Lots of custom built maps and environments so you wont be seeing all the same cryptic default maps. Part 4 will be coming out in about a month or so.

City in Conflict
    The Beast Within NW-DL02ZA4DG
    Gauntlet of the Twin Teeth NW-DTVDNRGKC
    Devils in the Details NW-DLAEBDHC6
    Songs in the Basement - Coming Soon
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neverwinter Noir is good, but because you have to keep walking back and forth in Protector's Enclave sometimes the objectives disappear, and you have to log out, then back in to get them to reappear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Neverwinter Noir is good, but because you have to keep walking back and forth in Protector's Enclave sometimes the objectives disappear, and you have to log out, then back in to get them to reappear.

Unfortunately I can't find any called this by searching the catalogue. Found the forum thread for it and the short code, but still nothing. Sounds really good though!

varkhus2013 I've played and reviewed your quest.
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have a campaign if you want to check it out...
    Short code in sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My campaign (in sig) has story elements and background to it that can be engaged a lot or a little.

It really suits folks who look for and appreciate small details, I think.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Here's to hoping!

Edit: I've just finished another really good one: Return from the Void. Just in case anyone was interested in playing them too ;)

May I suggest/recommend you create a list of quests (by name at least) of those you really enjoyed? We who actually enjoy story-based quests are always on the look-out for more, and when like-minded people create lists, they're very helpful. I'll also take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my quest for a go: Blacklake Luskan. :)
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well for starters you can't really talk about story quests around here without mentioning A Hidden Blade and A Lannar Legacy, but they've been around so long that everyone has likely seen them. The Whispers from the Void seems to have been featured recently and I thought it was fantastically atmospheric. Echoes of the Crown Wars (NW-DRFKYD2CN) lets you loose in a huge outdoor area and has plenty of interesting characters. Deception (NW-DOW29LZOR) is short and interesting, offering two endings.

Also my quest is story-based too.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Second drakes recommendations (and his quest) and think there is one or maybe even two there I haven't played yet...Yippee.
    I'm sure you have probably played them but if not give pris23's Secret to Paradise campaign a play (2 parts out of three published when I played) and also Labyrinth of the Pso'nul'ja by gildus.

I also agree with angrysprite, I would love to see your recommendations avatre.
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Once the author puts it back online, Mind of Darkness is one to play with a great storyline. Also Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator, if you haven't played that one yet. And also, the criminally under-appreciated Obsidian Enclave: A Birthday Affair. More people really need to check that one out.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Misty Hollow and Whispers From the Void come just off the top of my head. Definitely give those two a try
    Mine is also story-driven, but only the first part of 3 is out so people generally don't like the ending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . My Campaign is a Lore Campaign with a good deal of combat as well. Unfortunately, I am stuck at only having three out of eight planned missions published for it. The following 5 missions are on hold until I finish experiencing all the zones on my mage, as I plan on fitting the rest of the mission into various zones players travel to while leveling. So that way, for some, they can do these missions along-side their leveling experience or provide nostalgic returns to areas for players who have out-leveled the zones.

. . . . . You can review the thread with details and my replies of updates, its link is located in my signature.

*the mage
    respectfully bows*
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was just hoping someone could recommend other quests with brilliantly written and interesting storylines without the combat being too difficult.

I don't know if I would call my quest brilliantly written, but it definitely has a storyline. I also would describe the combat as difficult, but if you play very cautiously you can solo them with ease. Pro tip: each of my quests only requires you fight less then 10 encounters to get to the boss. The bosses, on the other hand... well lets just say if you explore you can find a way to make them easier.

><
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, I've added a start to a list at the beginning of this post but there's not many there yet. I've played and forgotten a lot lately and those four really stand out. Hopefully, I'll find more to add tomorrow.
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    maryc60maryc60 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Here's to hoping!

Edit: Well I've played so many one after the other, I can't really remember many of the others I thought good. I'll just add to this post as and when I find any more. I really appreciate the recommendation of A Birthday Affair, but i'm certainly sulking again about the lack of a follow up.
    • Chasing Shadows by Valiru
    • Return from the Void by runis12
    • A Birthday Affair by Jedensuscg
    • A Missing Man by Redneckronin

I like this quest but at the end after trying to find out how to finish I just left because dint know how to finish. I read that you have to betray the lady so i'm going to repeat it again.
  • Options
    marakthemaulermarakthemauler Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    I am not above a little self-promotion, try "Nature of the Beast" (code in signature) for a story/lore quest. The amount of combat is player driven and the player choices throughout the mission affects the final outcome.
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well I'll join in and offer my campaign, three quests, to the pile. The story gets progressively heavier as you go through the quests. The first quest has story but not a ton, for reasons of mystery and intrigue. The second has more story to it, and the third is heavier than the second. The codes are in my signature. Have fun and enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ooh ooh! Me too! Me too!

Now that the Tower District contest is over I've managed to solidify "Old Magic" [NW-DGBLCWRFP] and gotten some very nice reviews.