Options

Proper way to handle PVP bots

13»

Comments

• Options
    bootyjoosbootyjoos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    This is so false it hurts. Bots in their current state can't even beat Captcha images on forums. This is a step up from that. Thanks for playing!
    Bots can actually beat captchas. The ones that are difficult for bots are just as difficult for humans. If you just google for "breaking captchas" you'll see tons and tons and tons of methods to break captchas.

For your particular suggestion, can it be solved if the bot took a screenshot before and after your puzzle appeared on the screen, and then compare them? At the very least, it'll let the bot know what your puzzle looks like so it can locate and solve it. If you make it move around and change too much, it'll be frustrating for real humans to solve, maybe even harder for real humans than for bots.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    suxip01111 wrote: »
    Exactly this, it would be child's play to program a bot to solve these puzzles.

The only thing you can do right now is to place any bots you see on your ignore list, which ensures you aren't grouped with that bot (or any bots on the account) ever again (that is, until the bot creator makes more bots).

If I set every bot I see to ignore and the system is designed to not queue me with bots then I'll never get into a domination.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still say the simplest solution I suggested is the best, If you can't trade anything and all is bound to you them problem solved. I do not trade and sell stuff to venders only anyway, the market is a waste of time I came here to adventure and have fun.
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    If I set every bot I see to ignore and the system is designed to not queue me with bots then I'll never get into a domination.

This doesn't work sadly. I've ignored several bots and still get teamed with them.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D