test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You don't want to eploit and cheat un pugs? Enjoy your kick then!

13»

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but glitching through a wall should be obvious which side its on.

Ironically, if it was obvious which side its on to the game engine you wouldn't be able to glitching through a wall ;)
  • scott451scott451 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sounds to me like the problem is time vs. reward.

If the rewards are worth it........people will fall all over themselves just for a chance to spend the time.

There also seems to be a bit of a scent of "working as intended" I'm smelling here as well. Just IMO.
  • selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Again the same post, give mobs decent random drops (blue/purple resources,enchants,runes at 1/100 1/1000 ratio) and suddenly people will kill mobs with pleasure, 1 t2 dungeon has roughly 1k mobs, so 1 random extra purple drop from mobs wont affect the market, and people will even try to avoid throwing some out ledges...

Also, make bosses drop unique items too at 1/100 ratio, for example, Karrundax can drop a wyrmling mount 1/100, that would turn people crazy for doing the dungeon even out of Delves... Pirate king can drop a Parrot augment companion, Spider queen a lolth priestess fashion costume... etc... all at 1/100 ratio... that will extend the game playability 3x, increase the sales for millions of $...

In fact, extend it further, the purple enchants could be 1/1000 Rank 7, 1/10000 Rank 8, 1/100000 Rank 9, 1/1000000 Rank 10... ok, you only have 1 chance between 1 million of hitting the lottery... but that simple change would probably DOUBLE the profit from PWI...

Sounds good!!
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TY :) It's a shame we wont ever have something like that, makes too much sense, its too easy to implement and the revenue of the company would increase too much... they dont wanna make money... :(
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    TY :) It's a shame we wont ever have something like that, makes too much sense, its too easy to implement and the revenue of the company would increase too much... they dont wanna make money... :(

Well idk, unique mounts and pets require character artist time, new animations, it takes a lot of art time and is extremely expensive. I remember seeing a game raisong hundreds of thousands of dollars to create a new race on a crowdfunding website. I'm not sure giving for free so many items is the plan. But they could indeed drop tokens allowing you to purchase this unique mount. Drop rates would have to be quite high though, so, it's a bit pointless and wouldn't solve this issue.

I think they're making too much money with enchants to give them for free, but rank 5-6 ones could drop safely. That wouldn't be a big deal. There is one thing that could drop though: greater ID scrolls. Few people actually bother to buy them except for blue stuff, and increased gold drop would make people happy.

That doesn't mean they couldn't give us some more free pets and another free mount, but probably not purple, and honestly i'm not sure it would make people kill stuff in dungeons anyway, because people are cupid and only care about their precious chests and ADs, and not about other player's fun. If you make the drop rates too high they will likely get what they want in 2-3 runs and then go back to skip everything and let the rogue unlock the campfire, and if it's too rare, it will be "meh no let's speedrun to the chest, we have no chance to drop 15054458 ADs by cleaning the dungeon".
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They just need to do to all of the dungeons like they did to FH. Doors at the boss rooms that don't open until everything there is dead (except when the add spawns bug on the one boss, ugh). Good-bye content skipping.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.