test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear Cryptic, will you please consider changing the Dungeon Delve mechanic?

13»

Comments

• Options
    eyevan02eyevan02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And that is exactly where we are at. The problem is that players CAN'T get Epic Drops from every single dungeon (even if it's only once or twice per day) without flooding the market. It's simply not an option.

So the issue becomes what could possibly be given as a reward that wouldn't effect the market in some serious way but would still feel nearly as rewarding as the DD event.

I kind of agree.

Running a dungeon gets expensive (healing pots, injury kits, etc). Without DD there is most often no reward for it. I think if more runes dropped and enough gold dropped, people wouldn't mind running the dungeons without DD. Even better, people wouldn't try to skip everything to get to the bosses. We would actually want to experience everything in the dungeon! AND not knock everything we can't skip off the ledges!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    clf13 wrote: »
    When something becomes repetitive it usually starts to become unappealing. Take marriage for example.

Wow, how many people have you married? :)
  • Options
    nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem with this game (and every other game that is working on the basis of insane greed for stuff and showing stuff off) is that the guilds that have people in them are focused only on that. I swear, most of those people don't enjoy the game as such in the slightest, they talk about dungeon runs like they are going to the dentist, and they focus entirely on what the game is all about - looting gear. They exploit, they find bugs in the shoddily designed maps that let them bypass entire massive sections, they run full tilt for the next fire dragging every mob in the map with them and die at that fire so they can resurrect at that fire (instead of the last fire they were at when they weren't in combat, which would be the only logically sane functionality to avoid that exploit)...

Guilds like that will never run a dungeon except during DD. Honestly, DD as such should be scrapped and dungeons should just give the same reward every time. At most, the DD should be a huge event that hits maybe twice a week on different times (US prime, Euro prime) so it really becomes something mythical and it should drop stunning gear and extremely sparingly.

As it stands, DD is when people run dungeons, and other times they don't.
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited July 2013
    The reason why DD is so important is because you always get an item you can use, and there is a chance it will be the item you are looking for. DD if I am following is supposed to be an extra reward, not THE reward for completing the dungeon.

The problem is the loot table for the last boss, in all of the dungeons should be a random set piece item for one of the classes present for a specific slot per dungeon.

I totally geared a Miracle Healers 4 piece set and did not buy a single piece, and looking back it seems I got the majority if not all of those drops from the DD chest at the end. Out of those that I seen that were ninja needed from me, I could count on one hand. Being a Cleric, the que was not an issue, but I must have ran each one at least 15 times a piece minus Dread Vault, which is about impossible.

The problem is that the final boss of all of the dungeons does not always drop random "boots" for a "present" class that have a "random" set piece bonus. Sometimes the final boss drops some real BS. To fix DD, the chest should be extra loot and may be toned down, but the boss drops buffed to what I suggested.

Then people would want to do them all the time, the trash mobs should drop more gold type currency and add in like a 3% chance to get a coalest ward from trash.

Now people love killing trash, and want to do dungeons when there are no delves, but will still go after the "extra" loot, heck how about adjusting the DD chest to -50% item chance, but add in a % chance for a trade skill asset, a %chance for a rare TS material like dragon eggs, and other desired things.....not just gear and I think we would have a winner as long as you buffed the end boss loot table to what I suggested.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a possible solution may be to add shorter dungeons, possibly geared toward 3-person teams. I also think part of the solution would be to allow people to select less stringent requirements in order to get on a team faster - such as not requiring a rogue or fighter, (the player would be able to select which classes aren't necessary for them to join a team).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I think a possible solution may be to add shorter dungeons, possibly geared toward 3-person teams. I also think part of the solution would be to allow people to select less stringent requirements in order to get on a team faster - such as not requiring a rogue or fighter, (the player would be able to select which classes aren't necessary for them to join a team).

As it stands, to even get to do epic dungeons in the first place (outside of PUG) you have to be of a specific class and using specific exploit game mechanics... so yeah a little work there too wouldn't be a bad thing.
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dungeons are a chore instead of fun end game content they are supposed to be. We only do chores when it's worth it ... during DD. If DD was once a week I would do 1 dungeon per week :P. The only hope for better dungeon experience lies in expansions I guess.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dungeons are a chore instead of fun end game content they are supposed to be. We only do chores when it's worth it ... during DD. If DD was once a week I would do 1 dungeon per week :P. The only hope for better dungeon experience lies in expansions I guess.

IMO, the Gauntelgrym thing has messed up the event rotations, too, since each phase of it takes up one of the spots for 30 minutes... it shouldn't be part of the regular rotation. Make it count as part of the dungeon delve event and be done with it.

Also add some more skirmishes for level 60's to do... I f*&%ing hate mindflayers!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums