test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Playtest: June 26th, 2013

heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
Hey there folks! We're going to be playing Gauntlgrym on NeverwinterPreview from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM PDT (When is that in your time zone?) to make sure we're all ready to turn the zone back on with our next build push. Here's what you can do to join up!

• First, you'll need a level 60 character.
  • Go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview and copy over your Level 60 character to the NeverwinterPreview shard.
  • Open your Neverwinter launcher. You should now see a NeverwinterPreview option on the patching screen (after the initial login)!
  • Once you're all patched up, click Play and log in like normal.
  • Head on over to Protector's Enclave, join or start a guild, and make sure the guild forms an alliance with either the Delzoun Explorers or Luskan Corsairs!
    • The Delzoun and Luskan recruiters can be found in the Trade of Blades in Protector's Enclave.
    • If you are unable to log on before 3:00 PM, you'll have to find and join an existing guild - New guilds can't ally themselves with either faction while Gauntlgrym is running.
  • Once Iron Tabernacle starts up at 3:00 PM, use the Overworld Map (via any travel gate) and click on Gauntlgrym.
  • Play and enjoy!
  • Please give us your feedback on the NeverwinterPreview Feedback Forums here!
  • http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/for...ral-Discussion

The Devs will be in-game playing again. We'll also still be giving out the <Critical Hit> title to all participants, if you missed the chance at getting it on Monday!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When you remove the *guild* requirement from joining Gauntlegrym I'll play it. Until then many of us will not bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    When you remove the *guild* requirement from joining Gauntlegrym I'll play it. Until then many of us will not bother.

i agree joining a guild for gaunt is still useless since either theyre class specific or gs
  • Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for a bit more advance notice this time.

So if anyone wants to help me create a test guild on the test server now so we're ready when the event hits tomorrow, I'll be hanging around the guild founder dude for a bit. :P
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i agree joining a guild for gaunt is still useless since either theyre class specific or gs

Join a more casual guild or make your own guild of one.
  • Options
    jokeznzjokeznz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    The Devs will be in-game playing again. We'll also still be giving out the <Critical Hit> title to all participants, if you missed the chance at getting it on Monday!

This is why I'll be there :P
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ah yes, guild only content, no wonder this was so rigorously tested... oh.. wait... that's right... it wasn't.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for all your hard work, Cryptic. I have literally never had a problem with your game until the Gauntlgrym zone loading bug you are fixing right now. Every pre-patch has installed flawlessly for me. I've purchased some non-critical content such as the Courtesan Outfit and have been very pleased with it. After selling many enchantments on the auction house, I was able to afford many keys that I've used to win two Heavy Inferno Nightmares, a Phoera, and soooo many coffers of every type.

My advice to people having problems?

Stop pirating media while you are downloading the patch. Or virus scan your Pentium IV. Or get a real computer. Maybe a real ISP. FIOS is some bush, dawg.

Stop complaining about PWE making money. The beauty of capitalism is that it inspires the worker to work harder for a universally recognized legal tender rather than a chicken or a goat as payment.

Join a guild. If you aren't playing Gauntlgrym because you don't want to interact with people it's time to reevaluate what you consider an MMO really is. Wikipedia has a really good entry about it. You will also learn that WoW was not the first MMO there as well (it was Island of Kesmai).

Your download speed for the patch is horrible because you are not the only person in the entire world that closed their game at the end of Dungeon Delves bonus time. Stop complaining and wait. There are over 1.8 million bug tickets and most of those are, "Where is the mailbox?" questions. Be patient, child.

If you still have issues and complaining to Mom or Cryptic isn't getting you immediate action over a trivial personal issue, please note the location of the WoW Graveyard; I hear there is still time for you to rule the servers with an iron fist over that way...

Quiet while the adults are talking. Thank you.

"Complainers is babies." - The Heavy
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited June 2013
    Could you please set up some official guilds on the preview server. I tried to join GG but couldn't join a guild (no guild seems to be picking up members on the test server) and it doesn't seem that ppl are interested in grouping up to make one.

Thank you!
  • Options
    elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omhols wrote: »
    Thank you for all your hard work, Cryptic. I have literally never had a problem with your game until the Gauntlgrym zone loading bug you are fixing right now. Every pre-patch has installed flawlessly for me. I've purchased some non-critical content such as the Courtesan Outfit and have been very pleased with it. After selling many enchantments on the auction house, I was able to afford many keys that I've used to win two Heavy Inferno Nightmares, a Phoera, and soooo many coffers of every type.

My advice to people having problems?

Stop pirating media while you are downloading the patch. Or virus scan your Pentium IV. Or get a real computer. Maybe a real ISP. FIOS is some bush, dawg.

Stop complaining about PWE making money. The beauty of capitalism is that it inspires the worker to work harder for a universally recognized legal tender rather than a chicken or a goat as payment.

Join a guild. If you aren't playing Gauntlgrym because you don't want to interact with people it's time to reevaluate what you consider an MMO really is. Wikipedia has a really good entry about it. You will also learn that WoW was not the first MMO there as well (it was Island of Kesmai).

Your download speed for the patch is horrible because you are not the only person in the entire world that closed their game at the end of Dungeon Delves bonus time. Stop complaining and wait. There are over 1.8 million bug tickets and most of those are, "Where is the mailbox?" questions. Be patient, child.

If you still have issues and complaining to Mom or Cryptic isn't getting you immediate action over a trivial personal issue, please note the location of the WoW Graveyard; I hear there is still time for you to rule the servers with an iron fist over that way...

Quiet while the adults are talking. Thank you.

"Complainers is babies." - The Heavy
    Did you get money for this stupid post ?
  • Options
    nolansykinsleynolansykinsley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Use the guild finder if you are having an issue joining a guild on the test server. During the last test I joined in about 15 minutes after five. By then all the guilds had already entered, so no new guilds could be made that would be able to go in. Everybody in PE was screaming about how they would not be able to get in. I opened the guild finder and found a guild that was already inside. It literally took me 20 seconds, because the first guild on the list did not respond, the second one I asked replied with an invite instantly, and I was in, absolutely no hassle or problem.

Don't try and ask people in the zone chat if they want to make a guild or if you can join a guild, the chat is too spammy so people rarely pay attention to it. Use the tools at your disposal to find an already formed guild, send a message to a member, and you will get a guild in less than 2 minutes.
  • Options
    phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    If you see ANYBODY running around town, ask them for a guild invite, if they are not in a guild, ask someone else. Someone will be on, at some point, who is in a guild, MSG THEM, ASK FOR AN INVITE! Thank you.
  • Options
    baezylbaezyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I participated in this two days ago from start to finish and won every round, also finished the tier 2 dwarven crypts but still have no idea how / when / where this 'critical hit' title is. It's is not on my preview server character nor my live server characters. I get that the idea of this is to test gauntly out and make sure it is ready but maybe you can at least tell us if the title is forthcoming or we should have already gotten it.
  • Options
    maokharkkonanmaokharkkonan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they will have GG up on the main servers by then.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    baezyl wrote: »
    So I participated in this two days ago from start to finish and won every round, also finished the tier 2 dwarven crypts but still have no idea how / when / where this 'critical hit' title is. It's is not on my preview server character nor my live server characters. I get that the idea of this is to test gauntly out and make sure it is ready but maybe you can at least tell us if the title is forthcoming or we should have already gotten it.

We hope to have it on your account within the next few days.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will we be getting a new patch before the event or will it running on .19 again?
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Will we be getting a new patch before the event or will it running on .19 again?

We're patching the shard right now.
  • Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013

[*]Once Iron Tabernacle starts up at 3:00 PM, use the Overworld Map (via any travel gate) and click on Gauntlgrym.

So when will you turn Mimic ON so we can create guilds, align with factions and get ready for the 3pm event? it's after 2pm PDT :P
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're patching the shard right now.

Just love the download speed of this patching, back to the 56k era.

Edit: Restarting the patching seems to help for some secs lol.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    Just love the download speed of this patching, back to the 56k era.

Edit: Restarting the patching seems to help for some secs lol.

Patch DURING live shard DD and it's pretty fast ;) Wait til the last minute.. well.
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kanenan wrote: »
    So when will you turn Mimic ON so we can create guilds, align with factions and get ready for the 3pm event? it's after 2pm PDT :P

Mimic is now on.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hrmm my keyboard doesnt work on preview at all.. lol

EDIT 1:ok tried rebooting my system, relogging a bunch of times on different copies of my toon and i cannot do anything with my keyboard once i enter preview.
    all of my action buttons are lacking a keyboard association on my hud, they aren't displaying. can't submit ticket etc.
    I use a g15 keyboard. works fine until i get into mimic :/

EDIT 2: went into options on the char screen saw no keybindings, hit reset to default the list appears but still doesn't work. man i played sick for this :(

1012605_10200889634874509_478050013_n.jpg
    999319_10200889813638978_1561212644_n.jpg
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    wolfshedwolfshed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kanenan wrote: »
    hrmm my keyboard doesnt work on preview at all.. lol

ok tried rebooting my system, relogging a bunch of times on different copies of my toon and i cannot do anything with my keyboard once i enter preview.
    all of my action buttons are lacking a keyboard association on my hud, they aren't displaying. can't submit ticket etc.
    I use a g15 keyboard. works fine until i get into mimic :/

I have exactly the same issue - no key initials showing in the HUD and nothing works. The mouse commands work fine until you close all the windows to move then no mouse combat actions - just changing views.

UPDATE - You can see the issue at the character selection screen. If you look at options > keybinds, they are all blank. I tried to set a bind and hit apply, but this does not register so that when you get into the game there are no keyboard instructions available.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Edited my post with a screen shot of the bindings not there. you cannot do anything..
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    jokeznzjokeznz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm logged in to the Mimic shard and I can't do anything. Having the same issue as those above me, no keys are working >:(
  • Options
    salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got all my keybindings bugged too so can't participate :(
    Hear silence.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    me too logged in using the same toon i used for Gauntlgrym test the other day, and i'm stuck, can not move or anything, can not even log out , LOL, had to shut PC down to exit game,
    sorry but this game is going from bad to worse every day that goes by, it is a shame game in beta was awesome, but in 'live' i got no idea what as happened to it, time to give up fed up of getting no info or updates at all from PW, just more stuff that dont work everyday..
  • Options
    baezylbaezyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We hope to have it on your account within the next few days.
    Thanks for the response =D
  • Options
    krkronenkrkronen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1 I had no working keyboard as i started the GG map then i had to configure the differents key...

2 PVP didnt work i was in queue i only saw qickly the environnement and then i was out

3 The dungeon : just before the last boss 2 of us where stuck and unable to use the usual unstuck command they left as well

As some stated here : GUILD ARE USLESS FOR GG ty :D
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still need to be in a guild for this? Pass.
  • Options
    hmusicahmusica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When do we get our titles? Mines not available yet.
This discussion has been closed.