test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD Exchange Rate

jamezwithazjamezwithaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What's going on with the exchange rate? It's been steadily rising for about 2 weeks on Beholder and now the rate is ~375 AD per Zen, when I remember it was only about 320-335 last week. Shouldn't the rate be going down with all the AD sinks in the game? Someone commented last week that the sale was the reason for the rising exchange rate ,and I sort of agreed, but I'm not so sure now. :confused:
Post edited by jamezwithaz on

Comments

• silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    again AD is like offer and demand for money XD Zen/AD is like USd/EUr, in this case the demand for Zen has increase in these weeks due to the alchemy bonus in the profession packs and also due to the increase in the exchange, once people stop buying Zen stuff the Exchange will fall againcause Ad will be again a comodity you can do Forex here you know i just won 100k AD by doing that XD bougth at 315 some weeks ago and sold 340
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It certainly is odd, but perhaps the alchemy sale is doing this. I really doubt it would have this big an effect so perhaps more AD is again entering the game 'somehow' .....
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Probably some jackasses bought zen cheap and are now selling it.
    First people buy zen staff and sell it for more than its worth (after AD exchange) and now this, it won't be long before economy will break again.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    It certainly is odd, but perhaps the alchemy sale is doing this. I really doubt it would have this big an effect so perhaps more AD is again entering the game 'somehow' .....

Well, if new players since launch are buying Neverwinter Packs (formerly Founder's Packs), that would account for some influx.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People are cashing in their ADs bc of the upcoming BoP changes I guess. Exchange rate is rising pretty much since the announcement. Higher demand = higher prizes.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But it's not necessarily Bind on Pickup o.o
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    Probably some jackasses bought zen cheap and are now selling it.
    First people buy zen staff and sell it for more than its worth (after AD exchange) and now this, it won't be long before economy will break again.

I'm not sure if there would be enough jackasses to affect the economy like that. Seems like a huge jump for that.

But this could either be a sign of two things: 1) people wanting to get the alchemy stuff
    of 2) Fewer people buying zen with real money
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    People are cashing in their ADs bc of the upcoming BoP changes I guess. Exchange rate is rising pretty much since the announcement. Higher demand = higher prizes.

Could be this I guess.

I think there's some people that still think that loot will be changed to BoP. Before the sale and all the talk of BoP the exchange was holding pretty stable at around 290-300 on beholder.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People dumped a lot of their AD during the sale, and then turned around and then they released the Alchemy pack driving a lot of people to try to recoup Zen for it. Add to it that instance exploiting is still around and getting even more streamlined, there's a lot more players making millions a day converting into Zen for cash shop purchases, also driving the prices up.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it's because all the people that actually buy zen are quitting due to the fact live release fail miserably and has still not been fixed.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't know, but it sucks. 2 extra characters slots cost 20,000 more AD than they did 2 weeks ago.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keep in mind that Zen HAS to be purchase with real money. This is a limit on Zen. So if there is a shortage on Zen (which the rise of AD indicate this) then the cost of Zen would go up. (it cost more AD to buy 1 zen)

It is a pure buyer/seller market. Cryptic doesn't have a corporate hand in it (I hope) on my conspiracy theory (puts on the tin foil hat) it is possible that Cryptic could be buying up Zen with AD ;) but I don't think that is likely.

edit: also keep in mind that AD is unlimited supply. The only limit is 24k refinement of AD per character per DAY, but there are a lot of character. this mean a higher supply of AD. Zen is limited so supply is low thus it would drive the price up.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Zen to buy alchemy-specific profession assets/booster which can't be bought with AD is your most likely reason.