test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whoever invented the GWF skill that makes them immune and extra HP needs to be fired

effexkillereffexkiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So lets get this straight. Every 5 seconds or so the warrior gets Free temporary health, also has knockdowns/stuns/dazes and can also 2 shot most classes while they are CCed and you are unable to damage them because they have free extra hp.

K
Post edited by effexkiller on

Comments

• farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And they never ever get to go to Epic Cn or Dread vaults so yeah, at least GWF got something.. PvP.. whoopie
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Run away. Seriously, just run away. Return to kill them when the big, bad temp hp is gone.
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but every other class is cool amirite? GF can stunlock you to death and keep charging for extra damage, CW can also lock you down for a lot longer than a GF can, TR can spam smoke bombs to daze for a ridiculous time then daze strike to stun for longer + go invis when the heat is on them, DCs can sit in a nerfed ward all day and apparently its OP for a GWF to counter these things.

K
  • effexkillereffexkiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    Run away. Seriously, just run away. Return to kill them when the big, bad temp hp is gone.

duh. that doesn't make it any better of a skill like that should be a daily, not every 5 seconds
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    duh. that doesn't make it any better of a skill like that should be a daily, not every 5 seconds

Maybe you should stop hitting them, then it will never be up :d
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree. Its a dumb ability. They are overall the dumbest class. There either Immune or running to pots when they aren't. Really bad design.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Itt: ppl mad about gwf tab ability. Lol.

Kite them for 3 seconds then wallop them as usual. L2pvp.
    INB4, INB4
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You're a narb.
    Learn to kite.

They become significantly squishier when it's down.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    But it's ok that a TR has the exact same skill right? Or has a build that means they are never more than a vague outline?
  • sekhmetscorpiosekhmetscorpio Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Learn to play and stop crying on the forum. Before you cry how you got owned, there are ways you can adapt your class to better counter your opponent or gods forbid actually have TEAMWORK...wait is this a multiplayer game?!?! It is! Facts are the class is not broken. PvP is remarkably balanced in thsi game. You need to be smarter, play smarter, and cry less. Thanks.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GFW's were made that way to justify nerfing the cleric in PvE... if only the GFW were made stronger and the fighter types were more immune and could self-heal with dailies then there would be no need for the clerics to have the little bit they had going for them
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GFW's were made that way to justify nerfing the cleric in PvE... if only the GFW were made stronger and the fighter types were more immune and could self-heal with dailies then there would be no need for the clerics to have the little bit they had going for them

DC still most valued support in pvp and pve... Well the ones who understand their class anyway.
    INB4, INB4
  • lance01xlance01x Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Like how people are just realising how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> weapon fighters are. Been completely broken prior to the buffs.
  • levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    This is funny. I'm enjoying people crying about GWF now. Nice change of scenery. OP needs to learn how to not attack him while he has that skill up. Oh but that's waaaaay too hard. Better whine on the forums. Maybe you'll get better by people telling you how stupid you are?

You're pretty stupid btw.
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Itt: ppl mad about gwf tab ability. Lol.

Kite them for 3 seconds then wallop them as usual. L2pvp.

Then you haven't fought a good one. He could spam Immune had about 35k life never went below half life. When he did he just full healed back to his 35k+ health. He sat on the base. I said you can have it. I am more interested in killing your team mates. Well played nub. well played.
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    This is funny. I'm enjoying people crying about GWF now. Nice change of scenery. OP needs to learn how to not attack him while he has that skill up. Oh but that's waaaaay too hard. Better whine on the forums. Maybe you'll get better by people telling you how stupid you are?

You're pretty stupid btw.

What if he has that skill up every 15-20 secs and doesnt' lose life ? I agree GWF are just a bad class but the balance didn't fix them. It just made them use bad tactics to be annoying instead of good.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It just made them use bad tactics to be annoying instead of good.

This. Instead of buffing their useless abilities they made them unkillable but still useless. Buff at will damage, buff aoe abilities damage, buff utility abilities. Remove those stupid temp hit points.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • terrorshardterrorshard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The GWF needed more damage on at-wills and lowered cooldowns on encounters. Not more survivability in tank spec and extra survivability on Tab ability. DR/CC Immune/Temp HP is too much. Get rid of the DR or Temp HP. Give them the damage they deserve.
    edited June 2013
    The GWF needed more damage on at-wills and lowered cooldowns on encounters. Not more survivability in tank spec and extra survivability on Tab ability. DR/CC Immune/Temp HP is too much. Get rid of the DR or Temp HP. Give them the damage they deserve.

You are actually the only person I have seen make a Perfect point. !! Thanks. This thread needed that. You are 100% correct. Tanks need more tanking. GWF needs more fighter abilities. Its only common sense.
  • masterm1990masterm1990 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All class are equal.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All class are equal.

If you go to every class forum you will find people complaining about the exact same things...

Rogues: Perma stealth 2 shot daily builds with tene...
    CWs: "OMG ICEKNIFE 1 shot me!"
    GFs "Perma stun and them 3 shotting is unfair"
    DC: used to be "OMG stacking AS! Now they actually DO take skill and I think are fairly balanced"
    *New - GWF: OMG Immune AND Temp HP?!

Every class has ways to counter it... This game has a mini rock paper scissors aspect as well where certain classes are not GREAT against some...

GWF are very strong against CW/TR because of the anti CC ability. TR/CW are so used to hitting a daze or choke and then standing toe to toe they arent used to a class who becomes immune to stuns so guess what... maybe it takes a little bit of tactics to play against them?

If your a rogue, Go in, attack, and get back out, wait for the buff to go away and restealth and repeat... I played a rogue in WoW and it was ALL based on super fast burst followed by recloaking to come back and repeat. Its named "Trickster" for a reason... To use tricks... Its NOT called a "tankster Rogue" and in the past before ppl learned to play GWF/GF and before some of the changes a TR COULD face tank, tables have turned...

CW = Control Wizard... Honestly GWF is the Rock to your scissors buddy UNLESS you sit ontop and reign down damage, you probably cant 1v1 them unless you get lucky crits...

It seems to me (I play a GF) that since a GWF CANT "block" and if they are meant to do SOME tanking, they need to have SOMETHING to enable them in PVE to do that... Its a finite line though because they are also supposed to be damage dealers and so now you have a class that is tanky AND a damage dealer? Its gonna be hard to beat, but guess what.... they are MELEE and require MELEE range....
  • lagonlinelagonline Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ppl want face to face a GWF with a Rogue, and blame it's overpowered, stop it, how some guys said l2p, u no longer available to kill GWF in 1x1 with a rogue, how it should always had to be.
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lagonline wrote: »
    Ppl want face to face a GWF with a Rogue, and blame it's overpowered, stop it, how some guys said l2p, u no longer available to kill GWF in 1x1 with a rogue, how it should always had to be.

Poor rogues can't slaughter EVERYONE, oh the irony. I rerolled GWF just for you dear rogues :)
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess those who disagree with the OP play a GWF.
    In regards to that class, it's retardedly over powered now in PVP. Don't hit them while they smash tab every other couple seconds (yeah okay), their daily that pretty much fully heals them (yeah okay), if they even slightly go below 40% hp they run to a pot (as if they can't ****ing heal), their bloody constant ability to run with out a 1-2 second delay pause after it (means they are chasing your *** down 24/7 ranged or not when their stamina replenishes), so as far as trying to put damage out on them and run around...yeah gl with that. What amuses me more is how every GWF in PVP now spams '****' or 'owned' or 'boom' etc when they kill you, as if it takes any amount of skill to kill anything as a GWF now.

But hey it's okay, as a CW half of my feats are still broken, yeah cool.

Games really need to learn to balance PVE different then PVP. **** just doesn't work the same in those two serious.

Yeah QQ on my part, sure, but I'm getting tired of this bull **** in PVP.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lagonline wrote: »

1. I can still kill GWFs. Just have to play smart.

2. DPS Strikers should easily be able to beat an AoE DPS/Off-Tank.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    CW = Control Wizard... Honestly GWF is the Rock to your scissors buddy UNLESS you sit ontop and reign down damage, you probably cant 1v1 them unless you get lucky crits...

Glad you spelled out "Control Wizard" completely. GWF in PvP are the real CW. They are the Control Warriors. Wizards are the Controlled Wizards. The temp HP is manageable either if you know how to survive long enough for it to wear off and unstoppable is not totally unstoppable but the Knock-Knocks are the No-No.

Control Wizards should definitely be given more cc resistance.
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The OP's complaint sort of reminds me of early WoW Paladin PvP. Class that can't tank like Warriors, dps like Rogues, or CC like, but clearly OP because they have 1 bubble ability that makes other classes pause their macro'd skill rotations.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sounds more like an exploit needs to be fixed than GWF nerfed.
    Leaving out the homophobia, and assuming that he's telling the truth, what the OP is talking about is not something that is generally possible.
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    I guess those who disagree with the OP play a GWF.
    In regards to that class, it's retardedly over powered now in PVP. Don't hit them while they smash tab every other couple seconds (yeah okay), their daily that pretty much fully heals them (yeah okay), if they even slightly go below 40% hp they run to a pot (as if they can't ****ing heal), their bloody constant ability to run with out a 1-2 second delay pause after it (means they are chasing your *** down 24/7 ranged or not when their stamina replenishes), so as far as trying to put damage out on them and run around...yeah gl with that. What amuses me more is how every GWF in PVP now spams '****' or 'owned' or 'boom' etc when they kill you, as if it takes any amount of skill to kill anything as a GWF now.

But hey it's okay, as a CW half of my feats are still broken, yeah cool.

Games really need to learn to balance PVE different then PVP. **** just doesn't work the same in those two serious.

Yeah QQ on my part, sure, but I'm getting tired of this bull **** in PVP.

I would just like to point out you are confusing classes. GWF have the temp hit points on Tab and GF have the Daily that heals them. I imagine if you cannot tell the difference between a shield and a 2 handed sword, you may make some poor tactical decisions as you try to fight the wrong class. Try playing the class for 20 - 30 levels, its a good way to learn how to counter them. I have done PVP on 3 different level 60 characters and a on all classes at level 30. I can 1v1 vs any class on any other class with similar gear. I never used Tenebrous enchants personally. PVP players are such Carebears they want to PWN without any effort and don't bother to learn the classes in the game they play. There are only 5 classes to learn.

There are some truly great PVP players out there and they will smoke me in any 1v1 matchup but I can tell by the effort you put into researching the classes you are unlikely to ever join their ranks.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would just like to point out you are confusing classes. GWF have the temp hit points on Tab and GF have the Daily that heals them. I imagine if you cannot tell the difference between a shield and a 2 handed sword, you may make some poor tactical decisions as you try to fight the wrong class. Try playing the class for 20 - 30 levels, its a good way to learn how to counter them. I have done PVP on 3 different level 60 characters and a on all classes at level 30. I can 1v1 vs any class on any other class with similar gear. I never used Tenebrous enchants personally. PVP players are such Carebears they want to PWN without any effort and don't bother to learn the classes in the game they play. There are only 5 classes to learn.

There are some truly great PVP players out there and they will smoke me in any 1v1 matchup but I can tell by the effort you put into researching the classes you are unlikely to ever join their ranks.

I have all the classes, not that I actually bother to play any of them other then CW/TR, all else sit and craft 18h **** for me and pray. So I mixed up 1 skill between two classes, now all the sudden due to that I apparently can't play well in PvP? Lol, get off your high horse. Only on my TR does a GWF now bother me, because I can crit past any <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> thing he tries to do, but on a CW yeah doesn't go too well when they are in the 12k GS along with me. 10k and below GS GWF aren't an issue, you can semi kite them around, anything above that, they become unstoppable for pretty much every class other then GF/TR.

And on a side note, I never want to be on those 'ranks', PVP aint that fun.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon