test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighters are way to OP right now

124»

Comments

• karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    No GF should be able to output the damage of a GWF, much less a rogue. This is very true because the GF i play with mostly often times out dps's me, I see his numbers jump by 50k+ every 10-20 seconds.

On top of the damage output, he can keep himself alive with ease.
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    routa1337 wrote: »
    Well Cryptic uve done a great job giving them great threat control but u failed on one thing. That is they become extremely more powerful after patch and pre-patch they were awesome in pvp with stalwart set. So do me a favor nerf their Rogue like dmg because they do annoying alot of damage and they can block any of ours power moves which other classes cant.

Wat they have right now:

Mobility
    Survibility
    Rogue-like-godlike-damage

Currently the best pvp class

They are a tank class and shouldn't be able to do this

wron wrong wrong GWF is the king of pvp atm
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • acigaretteforyouacigaretteforyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hot people though... from stealth. They can also break out of and/or become invulnerable to any CC and take 75% less damage for about 4 seconds with Impossible to Catch. However, Rogues are squishy so if they get caught, they're usually dead within seconds.

This guy is clueless.

I'm a TR. I can one shot ANY class. It's called lurkers assault. My lashing blade hits you for 36k. No one is surviving that. Sorry. However, it's a daily. Me one shotting you WITHOUT my daily is much less likely, though still possible. I've still hit 25k lashing blades without lurkers assault, killing people in one hit.

It's all chance. Impact shot is just the icing on the cake, with 9-12k damage on the regular and 3 charges deals about 30k damage on average.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    karaad wrote: »
    No GF should be able to output the damage of a GWF, much less a rogue. This is very true because the GF i play with mostly often times out dps's me, I see his numbers jump by 50k+ every 10-20 seconds.

On top of the damage output, he can keep himself alive with ease.
    GF = great for pre boss. Rogue = great for boss fight and tough trash.

I spec mostly AOE skills in a dungeon run, thus when traveling through a dungeon I rack up the damage numbers because for every single target the rogue is hitting, I'm hitting 3-5, when it gets to a boss, the rogue jumps ahead due to their higher single target damage.

I keep myself alive the same way every other class does, by staying out of the red and if I can't I use block (I try not to though, conq spec).

On the other hand, once I'm in a fight, I cannot disengage(not without help). I'm in until it's over, one way or the other.

If GF's were OP, people would want them in T2 runs...which they don't, annoyingly.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    GF = great for pre boss. Rogue = great for boss fight and tough trash.

I spec mostly AOE skills in a dungeon run, thus when traveling through a dungeon I rack up the damage numbers because for every single target the rogue is hitting, I'm hitting 3-5, when it gets to a boss, the rogue jumps ahead due to their higher single target damage.

I keep myself alive the same way every other class does, by staying out of the red and if I can't I use block (I try not to though, conq spec).

On the other hand, once I'm in a fight, I cannot disengage(not without help). I'm in until it's over, one way or the other.

If GF's were OP, people would want them in T2 runs...which they don't, annoyingly.

I always take 15k GS Conqueror GF into dungeon with my group, super useful for clearing trash\keeping CW alive on big pulls\ giving me AP\DMG boost etc.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    I always take 15k GS Conqueror GF into dungeon with my group, super useful for clearing trash\keeping CW alive on big pulls\ giving me AP\DMG boost etc.
    Well, 15k GS GF's are always welcome, but 11-12k is a difficult time.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trozi wrote: »
    rofl. U dont play a GF ? My friend have one, with T2 set and he has 6k power - WITH TANK SET, rofl. Hes tried T1 set for DMG and got with stacked second set bonus over 12k power. rofl. GF are OP. They need little balance for PvP and PvE.

you pointed out the issue, we have a T1 set that gives some us above 14k power / 32k hp, no wonder why this T1 set is the most expensive item set out of ALL t1 and t2 set of ANY class. Then you add 7 greater tenebrous on your offensive slot on your already high amount of HP, add a bit of crit and now you can 2-3 shot everyone in the game with a relatively good rng if you get your proc and crit at the good time, because they can all proc at the same time + crit, then sometime you'll 1 shot people.

So does GF is overpowered? No he is not, he's probably one of the most balanced class in PvP. Reason why he can be op, it's because of ridiculous item/enchant design in the game. Nerf Stalwart set to a t1 level bonus then nerf or remove tenebrous. Problem fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsengatsenga Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All i want changed for GF is the fact that they have 3 cc moves. With enough recovery, it can become an indefinite cc chain, if whoever they're attacking hasn't died from the first combo already. Plus they're also really tanky which just isn't fair, they do the same amount of damage as a TR. I'd say reduce damage of their skills by 10-15% and remove at least ONE of their cc moves.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok now what they need to do now that they overnerfed a few people to the point that the ONLY class no one has complained about is getting whined about we need to start rebuffing people to the GF level. lets take all the powers people say why bother with this make them reasonable,

Buff powers that encouraged balanced team play and help other classes. such as the rogues flanking mechanic and the clerics temp HPs. instead of brining everyone down to tossing marshmallows at each other lets give some love to the recently nerfed. and not hassle the only balanced class of the game.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Conqueror feats and Tenebrous are the only real problems.

-Tactician and Protector feats don't do exorbitant amounts of damage. They're only really good in pve, which means that nerfing their damage in pvp would really hurt their generally low damage in pve.
    -Their CC isn't that bad, since every class but GF have a reliable way of avoiding it. It's outright frustrating trying to hit a decent player with most CC abilities.
    -GF only have good movement when they use Threatening Rush or Lunging Strike. Both of these abilities are highly effected by lag, which makes them not work correctly while chasing most targets. Once they fix this, it's fine to nerf their range by a bit. Their base movement is slowest out of every other class in the game, though. They don't get any bonuses from feats or movement abilities, except Into the Fray.
    -Stalwart is probably the strongest set that a GF has. It gives a massive amount of free stats for the passive. I don't feel like it's overpowered on my Tactician, though. If anything, the other sets need to be buffed in ways so that they are more viable options, without adding a lot of damage.
  • acieleaciele Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its not the GF who is op, its the enchants.

I enjoyed NW, also the pvp and the most on my GWF. As example i remember one skilled / tough TR i had some good fights against. Once he was in full perfect enchants it was simply redic. 6 seconds immortality (purple armor enchant), crits beyond everything (perfect weapon enchant), he could clearly kill people even with throwing knife and such is with every class using that enchants and his specific skills. I took it as a given and for-me-not-changeable, there is and was for me no reason to whine about it in forums. I just agreedt in the forum (that the dps that comes out of it is way to much). Though i understand anyone who is not happy about the fact that enchants rule the (pvp) world of NW.

Sure, there is no financial reason for PW/Cryptic to change the enchants as they are. Why stopping players to spend hundreds if not thousands of bucks into a ftp game? I view this from a very critical but also from a very relaxed point since i headed to another game my guild from warhammer online moved to.

In my opinion PW / Cryptic has to focus on the pve because pvp is a niche and its imho not wise to balance chars mainly because of pvp reasons. Or make these balances pvp-only since this incoming TR nerf for example will frustrate many pve-ers as well. If the nerfbat is justified or not pvp-wise it also effects pve-ers.

So folks, if you want to compete in pvp get your enchants and stop crying about classes.