test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighters are way to OP right now

routa1337routa1337 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Well Cryptic uve done a great job giving them great threat control but u failed on one thing. That is they become extremely more powerful after patch and pre-patch they were awesome in pvp with stalwart set. So do me a favor nerf their Rogue like dmg because they do annoying alot of damage and they can block any of ours power moves which other classes cant.

Wat they have right now:

Mobility
Survibility
Rogue-like-godlike-damage

Currently the best pvp class

They are a tank class and shouldn't be able to do this
Post edited by routa1337 on

Comments

• baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No

/10Char
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    routa1337 wrote: »
    Guardian Fighters are way to OP right now

No they are not...
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is exactly why people don't like "balancing." I don't recall getting destroyed by them at L60 PVP prepatch, but I know they can basically 3 shot my cleric in L 60 PVP as it stands right now. Also, they use 2 of those attacks to keep me knocked down.

I'm personally not asking for "rebalance" because that almost ways just ****s something up.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yep GWF is so OP now they should be dominating team fights not 1v1 battles how come they kill everyone in 1v1 it suppose to be TR the best in 1v1 but sucks in team fights. GWF is a semi tanker and semi dpser but what's happening ryt now is that they're like a combination of GF and TR.
    SIGNATURE
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Yep GWF is so OP now they should be dominating team fights not 1v1 battles how come they kill everyone in 1v1 it suppose to be TR the best in 1v1 but sucks in team fights. GWF is a semi tanker and semi dpser but what's happening ryt now is that they're like a combination of GF and TR.

Errrm well your not agreeing with him then as hes talking about GF not GWF..

Again.. no to more 'balance' crying
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol my GS is about 9000 and I can handle GF with GS over 10000... Maybe... There is something wrong with your tactics.
  • azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    No. Learn to Play.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nothing has changed for GWF, stop crying. Before the patch masses just didn't play GWF and there were only few of us... now a lot ppl play gwf and thus u see some more proper geared\skilled ones whom are pretty hard to kill. patch gave us like 10% OP'ness boost and that's it. Same with GF, there are ****ty GF who play worse then my 84 year old grandma.. and there are those proper gear with 7 tenebeous who 2 shot ur green geared\pvp set ***.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was to be expected: when a class has a strong armor and high constitution (like both the GF and GWF) it cannot have a high dps or it will dominate every fight just what it was that all those "GF and GWF are undepowered because they don't do the damage of rogues and wizards" whiners really wanted
  • routa1337routa1337 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You people who deny that GF are FOTM AND OP right now are ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bet half of you cried when rogues was OP. i did not but its ****ing insane that GFs can run around with that armor and block + STILL DOING INSANE AMOUNT OF DMG LIKE ROGUES
    edited June 2013
    Your tears are like wine to me...
  • trozitrozi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    No they are not...

rofl. U dont play a GF ? My friend have one, with T2 set and he has 6k power - WITH TANK SET, rofl. Hes tried T1 set for DMG and got with stacked second set bonus over 12k power. rofl. GF are OP. They need little balance for PvP and PvE.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You people who deny that GF are FOTM AND OP right now are ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bet half of you cried when rogues was OP. i did not but its ****ing insane that GFs can run around with that armor and block + STILL DOING INSANE AMOUNT OF DMG LIKE ROGUES

Going fishing, are you?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG OMG OMG! I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY, SO CUZ IM A COMPLETE SCRUB, GFs ARE SO **** OP! D:

NERF IT NAO!

TRs were "OP". Veredict: NERFED!
    CWs were "OP". Veredict: NERFED!

Now beware GFs cuz the whiners have a new target for the nerf bat!

Srsly... The L2P crowd seems to be strong around here. Ppl cant manage their own classes, so who to blame? The dude who outclassed em, thus making EVERY SINGLE class (except the one of the whiner) OP. GEEZ!
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why are people talking about GWF when the OP is clearly saying GFs are OP in PvP?

GFs have always been OP in PvP... if the player is competent and has great gear and the right spec. They need Timeless Hero (Stalwart Bulwark works too, but Timeless is much better for PvP) 4 piece, Tenebrous enchants, and spec into Conqueror tree. They'll block all of your main attacks, then use Frontline Surge into Bullrush into Knight's Challenge and basically 3-shot you while you're knocked back and on the ground.

That's just the offensive GF. Defensive GFs can turtle up and hold a point against up to 4 people solo. A good defensive GF is a nightmare to deal with, especially if you don't have a good CW on your team that can counter their turtling tactics. If the defensive GF has any help from teammates, especially a Cleric to heal him, it's basically impossible to kill them.
  • routa1337routa1337 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG OMG OMG! I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY, SO CUZ IM A COMPLETE SCRUB, GFs ARE SO **** OP! D:

NERF IT NAO!

TRs were "OP". Veredict: NERFED!
    CWs were "OP". Veredict: NERFED!

Srsly... The L2P crowd seems to be strong around here. Ppl cant manage their own classes, so who to blame? The dude who outclassed em, thus making EVERY SINGLE class (except the one of the whiner) OP. GEEZ!

Yeah ive adapted with the situation BUT IT still doesn't give them the right to have a tank class that has more damage sustained in pve/pvp then PURE DAMAGE Classes. Are you that ****ing stupid to realise that?
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The GF is strong right now, no doubt, he can stun lock and block what appears to be almost indefinitely.

Other classes have similar strengths that might make them seem OP but they are not, all have weaknesses.

1. GWF - Think it is the unstoppable move or whatever where they heal from near death and beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you.
    2. GF - as mentioned the stun locking + great defense
    3. CW - Stun locking + extra range vs. melee can be brutal sometimes
    4. TR - Can 1 shot you anywhere anytime.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well Cryptic uve done a great job giving them great threat control but u failed on one thing. That is they become extremely more powerful after patch and pre-patch they were awesome in pvp with stalwart set. So do me a favor nerf their Rogue like dmg because they do annoying alot of damage and they can block any of ours power moves which other classes cant.

Wat they have right now:

Mobility
    Survibility
    Rogue-like-godlike-damage

Currently the best pvp class

They are a tank class and shouldn't be able to do this

Level 60 PvP is broken because players are able to do so much damage that responding in any meaningful way is impossible. PvP was way more enjoyable levels 1-59...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • thelorddeimos1thelorddeimos1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OH i dont know how to play! QQ my class is crappy! QQ i die alot so i demand that MY class be the BEST QQ nurf everyone elses QQ i cant play the game to save my life so ill say everyone else is op QQ this dont go my way so ill complain about it QQ i play a rouge so I should be able to kill EVERYONE ELSE QQ its not fair QQ...... give me a break. get skill noobs.
  • thelorddeimos1thelorddeimos1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Level 60 PvP is broken because players are able to do so much damage that responding in any meaningful way is impossible. PvP was way more enjoyable levels 1-59...

SOOOOOOOO..... be the one doing the damage. problem solved. someones kicking your butt....so why not be that someone kicking butt instead of being the one QQing screaming about foul play. i liken this thread to the kid at the play ground who crys when he dosnt win. come on.
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Yeah ive adapted with the situation BUT IT still doesn't give them the right to have a tank class that has more damage sustained in pve/pvp then PURE DAMAGE Classes. Are you that ****ing stupid to realise that?

they don't you tard... I'm 15k in timeless with full rank 7's and nearly full offense. A rogue can still 2 shot me even with my shield up. I takes me at least 4 good encounter powers to get a kill. In fact every class with exception of cleric has a better defensive ability for pvp than GF's do.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    The GF is strong right now, no doubt, he can stun lock and block what appears to be almost indefinitely.

Other classes have similar strengths that might make them seem OP but they are not, all have weaknesses.

1. GWF - Think it is the unstoppable move or whatever where they heal from near death and beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you.

1. GWF - Unstoppable doesn't heal GWFs. You can put 5 points into a Feat that will give them 5% of their maximum HP as temp. HP when they pop Unstoppable. Their heal Encounter is called Restoring Strike. Yes, a well-played, well-geared GWF can be a beast in PvP. They can't be CC'd, they'll knock you down constantly, and you can't run away from them because they have Sprint. You basically have to kill them before they kill you and make sure you don't get caught by their knockdowns.

2. GFs don't stunlock. They knock you back and down constantly and 3-shot you.

3. CWs choke you with Entangling Force, Enfeeble you, Ice Knife you. If you're still alive, they'll just choke you again and just Magic Missle you to death. All from RANGE. Ranged 3-shot GG. Oh yeah, and they have 3 dodges / teleports while other classes (that can dodge) only have 2.

4. TRs can't 1-shot anyone. Not pre-nerf, not post-nerf. They can 2 or 3-shot people though... from stealth. They can also break out of and/or become invulnerable to any CC and take 75% less damage for about 4 seconds with Impossible to Catch. However, Rogues are squishy so if they get caught, they're usually dead within seconds.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    This is the problem with PVP. Things get balanced for PVE, then the perception (and I'm not saying it's correct) is that PVP is unbalanced so the crying starts.
    Heaven forbid the flavor of the month class you were playing can't run around owning anymore.
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    they don't you tard... I'm 15k in timeless with full rank 7's and nearly full offense. A rogue can still 2 shot me even with my shield up. I takes me at least 4 good encounter powers to get a kill. In fact every class with exception of cleric has a better defensive ability for pvp than GF's do.

You are COMPLETELY full of sh*t! Or you have no clue what you are talking about, period!

GFs, GWFs, and CWs were OP BEFORE the so called balance patch. Now they are even MORE OP'd! And there is NO Rogue that can 2 shot a GF through block/shield. That is total BS. The ONLY way a Rogue can 2-3 shot anyone(besides a blocking GF) is from stealth, period!!

Holy hell, people are such liars FFS! Learn to try and be honest, maybe even just a little bit?
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Then make the Conq path increase damage taken, because reducing GF damage just because they're a tank would make the class completely pointless in pvp.

All classes should be capable of doing damage in pvp. It's the only thing to do in pvp.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »

Wow look...DC is not on your list...huh...well good thing I chose DC as my main.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    1. GWF - Unstoppable doesn't heal GWFs. You can put 5 points into a Feat that will give them 5% of their maximum HP as temp. HP when they pop Unstoppable. Their heal Encounter is called Restoring Strike. Yes, a well-played, well-geared GWF can be a beast in PvP. They can't be CC'd, they'll knock you down constantly, and you can't run away from them because they have Sprint. You basically have to kill them before they kill you and make sure you don't get caught by their knockdowns.

2. GFs don't stunlock. They knock you back and down constantly and 3-shot you.

3. CWs choke you with Entangling Force, Enfeeble you, Ice Knife you. If you're still alive, they'll just choke you again and just Magic Missle you to death. All from RANGE. Ranged 3-shot GG. Oh yeah, and they have 3 dodges / teleports while other classes (that can dodge) only have 2.

4. TRs can't 1-shot anyone. Not pre-nerf, not post-nerf. They can 2 or 3-shot people though... from stealth. They can also break out of and/or become invulnerable to any CC and take 75% less damage for about 4 seconds with Impossible to Catch. However, Rogues are squishy so if they get caught, they're usually dead within seconds.

This ^^ Exactly true.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait is he talking about GWF right ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Do what every lvl 60 rogue I know has done. Re-Roll to GWF or Control Wizard... not exactly hard to level back up in this game.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • th3ravenxth3ravenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would suggest playing a GF then make that statement. Rogues stun lock is OP... I know for a fact GF does need an over hall bad but Rogue like dam...don't think so my friend. If they have what you say they do i would see more then 1-2 standing in town with me :)