test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omigawd, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in Off Topic
When this game comes out, Neverwinter is doomt. DOOMT, I SAY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQQ3zq4x4Kw

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
Post edited by clcmercy on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sweeth! I can use a huge axe!!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Member Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your sarcasm is duly noted.
  • Options
    sirwatson8181sirwatson8181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dwarf dual-wielding axes. Wow.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can already see that games forum.
    "this is not true D&D, where are my dices yada yada"
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Your sarcasm is duly noted.

No sarcasm. The game in its first incarnation beats the pants off this one. Actiony combat galore. REAL D&D monsters and settings, not just the same bad guys reskinned. Boss fights that aren't just "beat on the boss and try to hold off a gazillion adds". No loot problems. No exploitation of anything. Kinda like what this game was SUPPOSED to be before the great idea came down the pipes to redesign it into an MMO.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, and even that game had issues with exploits. Go figure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_DragonsGDN_Shadow_over_Mystara#Glitches
  • Options
    nebbiosadonzellanebbiosadonzella Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I did play the originals in MAME a few times. They are pretty good games, and Neverwinter could indeed learn a thing or two from them.
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    No sarcasm. The game in its first incarnation beats the pants off this one. Actiony combat galore. REAL D&D monsters and settings, not just the same bad guys reskinned. Boss fights that aren't just "beat on the boss and try to hold off a gazillion adds". No loot problems. No exploitation of anything. Kinda like what this game was SUPPOSED to be before the great idea came down the pipes to redesign it into an MMO.

What do you mean "supposed" to be? Redesigned into an MMO? Please, don't tell me you are one of those people who believe, this is another NWN!
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What do you mean "supposed" to be? Redesigned into an MMO? Please, don't tell me you are one of those people who believe, this is another NWN!

Actually, this game was intended to be released as an (action?) RPG without any MMO elements yes, you'd group up with some people and were able to pick from 5 characters (I guess that is why we got 5 classes now) if memory serves.

It was only later it was decided to make a MMO out of Neverwinter; While I have no current source at hand to prove this, it was announced on this very site. I think it happened once Perfect World acquired the developers. It would have been more of a dungeoncrawler originally, so a bit closer to the concept of NWN. We will never know most likely.