test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bags of Bones Broken

mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure if this has been posted, but this was my experience from last night:

Played 3 rounds of the event, which means 9 bones. Collected 6 bags. Bags were:
4 single-bones
1 double-bone
1 triple-bone

And yet, after all that, I have only 14 bones. It appears that single-bone Bags of Bones in fact give you nothing. At least when I checked before and after opening a single-bone bag, it had given me nothing.

Doesn't seem there's realistically time for a fix, but wanted people to know/tell me if I'm wrong.
Post edited by mrmauveforum on

Comments

• Options
    landragoonlandragoon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't get 3 bones just for participating. I'm not sure whether it depends on performance, but I've gotten 1, 2 or 3 (most frequently 2)
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it is the bags, I think it is the participation reward: Even though it displays 3 it has only given me that the *first* time I participated on the account. Every other time even with entirely different characters I just get 1.

That would seem to match your 14 count as well: 3+1+1 for participating, 9 from bags.
  • Options
    teircenteircen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've had quite a few Bag of Bones open stating they contained a single bone yet it never incremented how many bones I earned for that event.

Example:
    Prior to event - 9 bones on hand
    Complete event - earned 2 bones for event (it said so in the pop up) and collected 2 Bag of Bones.
    Open both bag of bones, each had 1 bone.
    Following event - 11 bones on hand (when I should have 13).

I've had that happen a lot.
    I'd hold on to the bags hoping for a fix but really I'm only opening the bags in the hopes of getting the blue skeletal dog so no reason to wait on my part.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep I've noticed the bones have some addition problems.
  • Options
    obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep you are not the only one having the issue. I'm having the same issue. Both the bag of bones, and the event reward says one number and rewards another. I've opened a bag of bones and it has said 3, and I've gotten 1 out of it, and more then one event has said 3, and given me only 1 bone.
    7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Horribly broken lag fest of an event.
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    Horribly broken lag fest of an event.

Yeah seems kind of weak, but hey I got a blue skelly dog out of one of the bone bags so its all good.

On a side note... enchants seem weaksauce, think I will be giving up my bones for those AoE scrolls.
  • Options
    obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed it happened again. Tried to get a screenshot but the game recorded only the game with no ui. Will have to screen cap it next time when it happens. This time I had 27 bones my reward for the event was 3 bones. I had 29 bones. I don't mind losing bones for the event as long as Cryptic does something to fix it and reimburse people for the time they spent collecting bones by either giving us our missing bones or a token to claim one of the rewards of our choosing. I'm short about 7 bones currently. Not to bad but everyone counts when I'm trying to run this event on all my toons and get the rewards I want before it is over with.
    7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Link to a image of this happening.

http://i.imgur.com/n4sz1Ir.jpg
    7bK3vEy.gif

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any chance Cryptic can throw us a bone here?

/ducks
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ahsmagnetahsmagnet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    don't cry

i have 100+bags i never opened and the event is over....
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I figured out was that at first, the game said it awarded you a bag of bones, which it automatically opened for you, showing you the total reward (potentially even including a blue dog). Then you could open any other bags you'd collected.

After the mid-event maintenance to fix the portal-closing lag, you'd get your bag of bones from the event, which would spawn in your inventory unopened, along with any bags you got to pick up. The popup icon would still show a bone, but it didn't count in your reward, because that was in your backpack waiting to be opened.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia