Options

Really spending $80 for a "Normal Enchantment"

2»

Comments

• Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Ok just made it it level 60.

Got some almost reasonably priced gear of the market. (I would not have been able to get it without my hero of north AD). T1 stuff, I can live with. Oh cool I can finally get a weapon and armor enchant. Oh I am a CW that likes the weather, let me get some lightning enchants. Sounds fun and cool. Get 4. Go to fuse. 1% Chance to fuse. What 1%??? Friend says: " you need the blue ward." Ok...where do I...only get on Zen market...ok...wait they cost how much? $10 for 1. Are you kidding me? This is the only place you can get them? So to get a higher level ward the next one in the normal range you need to spend $80. Really, Cryptic want me to spend $80 just to get the "normal level weapon enhancement...So if I want 1 armor and 1 weapon its going to cost me over a $160. This is just over the top greed.

All of these folks that exploited the fusing bug and AD that had the money that can pay millions of AD just screwed everyone else. Just doesn't seem right. I don't mind throwing some money a game's way if it increases my enjoyment and improves my game play. But I am sorry, this is just crazy greedy. And to think if I wanted to obtain T2 gear I would have to do this again?

I am going to have to rethink this game. Because I know what is going to happen. Because of an elite few that can gear up to a high level they will be able to run content and it will be trivial for them because of their gear and the game developers will begin the arms race, and up the difficulty to the point if you don't have the elite gear or spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars you will no be able to do the content. You will be excluded from doing the content and that is not what games are supposed to be about.

Very disappointed in this game and its total greed mechanics. I thought collectible card games had the monopoly of exploitation greed. A more reasonable price would be $1 for blue wards. I would easily by 10$ at that price point. I would be willing to experiment with different things at that price point..

Man you just hit 60 and expect to have end game gear? You have no idea what a grind is, do you? Also, you should not even bother sticking any expensive enchantment on gear that is not the lax tier.

You don't even know how to run epic dungeons yet but you already want not only a lesser, but a normal weapon enchant for a weapon that isn't even tier 2? Heh.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    PW has made the Zen Market a method of extortion. I have really never seen such an outward display of this in any game. Every time you turn around in order to get anything of consequence you have to dump dollars into the Zen market. To be able to get something in game you should have to work a bit for it, and if you are flush and a bit impatient, you should be able to spend ready cash to hurry up the process. That is normal. The way this company works it makes it extortion and gouging of players.

Try Cryptic's other game, Star Trek Online. They release the best ships in the game inside of lockboxes. Each time a player receives one of these ships, it has netted the company an average of 200 dollars. They also force payment for respec in that game too.

Just wait until they force players to spend Astral Diamonds in Neverwinter to unlock zones or new gear types like they force players to spend dilithium in STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    I think you overstate the blue ward issue. You should not need that many of the things; once your gear is done, its done until they issue a new tier of gear (possibly with a new level cap?...) which is not even thought of yet. 4 lesser to regular, 1 ward, 4 times makes a greater. So one greater a week is pretty easy to do if you have a bunch of characters that can pray to feed one main toon. Also, people open boxes all day long, and about 3/4 of the boxes contain runes or enchants, and about 1/4 of those have a blue ward. Pretty good supply for the AH from boxes alone.

If it is a problem for you, take 3 or 4 hours to get a bunch of alts to level 11. I have this down to a science, its right at 45 min from 0 to level 10 so call it an hour per character to be able to pray.

They will add a new.tier of gear, not raise the level cap. A new tier of gear will probably come with Fey. This means that everyone must enchant new gear or pay AD to use old enchants lol.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They will add a new.tier of gear, not raise the level cap. A new tier of gear will probably come with Fey. This means that everyone must enchant new gear or pay AD to use old enchants lol.

Playing on preview, there is not a new tier of gear yet.
    Would be nice though. :)

On the bright side, some of the fey stuff looks very cool.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This was necro'd a few days ago. Folks, please don't necro things, especially when it was from prior to launch.
This discussion has been closed.