test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP has become a joke. Fix your game devs.

Comments

• chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    Smashed everything? Come 1v1 me, I guarantee you won't be able to kill me for the entire match on my DC and that's sad because any other class can now. So your DC friend helps you guys, does that mean we are op? Nope, still trash. You don't understand my point. DC have zero other proper heals, what's the point of playing a healer class when they can't even heal properly, nor tank and what's the point of clicking 1,2,3 all day, most boring class ever. Drop a shield, use a boring aoe move to gain AP (sunburst) then click FF - the auto attack skill that is barely seen. Seriously the class is booooring and has no tanking ability with heals like other cleric mmo which seem like gods. I know GF have a non tanking tree, but does that mean they have to hit higher than DPS with knockbacks and knockdowns?

The HP regain I was talking about makes them instantly regain all their HP from 10% or less even if their knocked down. Not sure if its a glitch, or a bug, etc but it needs to be fixed asap. I'm not even whining, its people like you who accept anything thrown at them that ruin the game. I'll give them time, but can we at least have notifications, comments, etc that tell us that their working on it? I doubt they are anyway. My main point is, DC are horrible, tanks are hitting slightly too high, gwf is fine but still useless to a party in pve, cw are currently broken, and tr are fine now but they could have made those nerfs PvP only.

I'd just slot kc and 2 shot you. You sound like an idiot who doesnt know anything about the classes.

Edit: as far as gwf goes. Flurry/td/id. Stunlocked/dead. GG.
    INB4, INB4
  • maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Well, Im not gonna rehash all the broken aspects of PvP again.... Let's just say, I was really hoping the announcement they made about addressing all the players issues and getting them fixed before launch in this latest patch were gonna be true, but sadly we have been lied to yet again by another development team. I was so hoping to make this game my main entertainment for a long time to come, yet sadly, it is not to be. Since I mainly PvP, and rarely PvE, I am off to go find something else to get my fix.

Sorry PWE but your horrendous rendition of so called PvP is a pathetic bad joke.
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    I'd just slot kc and 2 shot you. You sound like an idiot who doesnt know anything about the classes.

Edit: as far as gwf goes. Flurry/td/id. Stunlocked/dead. GG.
    Rofl, you really think you can even get me below 50% hp? You're funny, you don't know who you're talking to. GWF are weak as hell.
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Depends on the GWF. With my current lvl 60, I've got to play smarter then stand there and wait for something to attack me. My next one will be out chasing GF's cause they are the hardest kill currently. (outside of the 3-shot options that you can't get out of, of course.)
    edited June 2013
    Rofl, you really think you can even get me below 50% hp? You're funny, you don't know who you're talking to. GWF are weak as hell.

Well considering I'm topping charts regularly on 3 of my 60s and you're here whining... Says enough.
    INB4, INB4
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yfz450x wrote: »
    Not sure what its like at 60 yet. But I'm already stopping this game till CW are fixed. from the 39 bracket down they just need 3 buttons. repel, the choke thing, and the arcane missile at-will...no melee can even get to them. once you do they have unlimited blinks and dodge all your abilities. Nerf the CC that is being done in pvp. The ability to push an entire team off of a point and then CC them off the point, and use your at-will to destroy them while your cc is killing them, and when you finally get to them, they blink away repel/choke and start the routine all over again. Also if there is more than one CW in the opposing group, theres just no winning. They will run to each point, CC the 1-2 players there, kill the player(s) and take the point. CW take the least amount of skill to play, and easily pump out the most dmg. As a TR yes I can hit them pretty hard...if I can even get a hit in, they dodge 50% of the attacks I try to get in, and usually its one of my biggest hits. PVE I've never been below top on dmg..so TR are great for dps...but are terrible in pvp. Cant get to a CW, and a skilled GF wont take any dmg. Honestly GWF and TR need buffed for PVP, or the other classes need a nerf. CW by far needs the biggest nerf. I've played each class into the 30's and as a DC I can kite 3-4 people around easily, CW I can CC/kite 2-3 players fairly easily, and as a GF I can heal through 2 maybe 3 players dmg. GWF I can barely 1v1, and TR I can take 2 at a time unless one of them is a CW/DC. These are things I've noticed through low-mid lvls. Till pvp is fixed I either wont play or will only PVE if buddies hop on.

You have to be kidding me? Make a stealth-based rogue. They stomp on CW right and left. CW are by far the squishiest class there is.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No one in their right mind can say this game has any real 1v1 or teamvteam balance right now. It is trash and I expect it will stay that way.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP in this game is literally a one shot joke. Devoted clerics and GWF are a just worthless, tbh. The game is all about who gets the first shot, they are likely to win.

Honestly, is the PvE that much better? We have a tank class that can't taunt. So, it stands to reason we also have a healer class that can't heal...
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    Well, Im not gonna rehash all the broken aspects of PvP again.... Let's just say, I was really hoping the announcement they made about addressing all the players issues and getting them fixed before launch in this latest patch were gonna be true, but sadly we have been lied to yet again by another development team. I was so hoping to make this game my main entertainment for a long time to come, yet sadly, it is not to be. Since I mainly PvP, and rarely PvE, I am off to go find something else to get my fix.

Sorry PWE but your horrendous rendition of so called PvP is a pathetic bad joke.

I too have stopped playing. Yesterday I barely completed enough matches for the daily. Whereas today, I didn't even care enough to do that. PvP is so broken for the cleric I'm no longer playing. The death of the cleric is complete. When this game goes off beta I'll be posting my horrid reviews of the character balances upon the game review websites that I monitor. I like to give a game until the time they are off beta before posting, but I don't expect any improvement upon character balances within four days time.
    edited June 2013
    Well considering I'm topping charts regularly on 3 of my 60s and you're here whining... Says enough.
    Not saying a well geared GWF with a PvP build cant wreck people, but you certainly can't kill me 1v1. I save FF / HW for that regen effect and sometimes DA daily for defense and temp HP. I am a PVE/PvP built cleric anyway, and have almost 3k def in pve, but only like 2.1-2.2k in pvp. It's sad because DC are still trash and in a group fight we get destroyed.
    I too have stopped playing. Yesterday I barely completed enough matches for the daily. Whereas today, I didn't even care enough to do that. PvP is so broken for the cleric I'm no longer playing. The death of the cleric is complete. When this game goes off beta I'll be posting my horrid reviews of the character balances upon the game review websites that I monitor. I like to give a game until the time they are off beta before posting, but I don't expect any improvement upon character balances within four days time.
    This. Make sure you give cleric a 3/10.
  • poedapandapoedapanda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Early in game everyone cried about the GWF getting nerfed cause it was over powered.. Then they nerf the TR to the point he really can not combat the GWF at all.. Nerf all characters but the GWF was not a balance. Pre patch I could go toe to toe with them and was about gear. Now.. even a lousy geared GWF can kill TRs easy. GWF immune to Stun.. GWF immune to Shocking Execution... GWF Breaks out of all Stuns with determination... GWF get determination like every 5 sec in battle.. Back to back. I personally think the balancing devs did was no balance at all. Every daily kills one hit on TR. Shocking Execution kills a TR and maybe a CW. Everyone else you have to beat down to 75% health or lower to get kill.. GWF Shocking execution is a fail since they are rarely out of determination and they are immune to most all attacks. That was a total disappointing balancing of characters.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    I quit leveling my Cleric pre-nerf due to that class suffering from lack of viable heal skills. Their current ones require they be rooted in place when cast/used.

One cannot expect this game's healer class to be nimble when it has no on-the-move healing skills.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    poedapanda wrote: »
    Early in game everyone cried about the GWF getting nerfed cause it was over powered.. Then they nerf the TR to the point he really can not combat the GWF at all.. Nerf all characters but the GWF was not a balance. Pre patch I could go toe to toe with them and was about gear. Now.. even a lousy geared GWF can kill TRs easy. GWF immune to Stun.. GWF immune to Shocking Execution... GWF Breaks out of all Stuns with determination... GWF get determination like every 5 sec in battle.. Back to back. I personally think the balancing devs did was no balance at all. Every daily kills one hit on TR. Shocking Execution kills a TR and maybe a CW. Everyone else you have to beat down to 75% health or lower to get kill.. GWF Shocking execution is a fail since they are rarely out of determination and they are immune to most all attacks. That was a total disappointing balancing of characters.

If you use shocking execution after the nerf - you're a bad rogue.

Besides, TRs kill GWFs easy.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Nerfed the TR? How? That 60% base damage reduction of SE? So now your opponent actually has to be hurt before it does max damage, and the same can be accomplished with LA and Lashing. They actually buffed the TR some, with power doing more for encounters.
    They did nerf the TR in PvE, when they gimped Duelist Fury though.

A GWF's Unstoppable does not make him immune to damage, he gets a damage reduction, and he needs to take damage to build it up.

You sir, are wrong.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWFs are the king of battlegrounds, because they can run permastun builds, tank and do a lot of damage.

The issue with clerics isn't righteousness, it's the insane amount of stuns, knockbacks, repels, with absolutely no counter or any kind of temporary immunity to it. You join the arena, have to get on flag 2 at some point and then the stunlock game begins. :)

There are games on which people get banned if they run a stunlock build in pvp. Here it's just "do what you want to do, including preventing others to play the game if you feel so". So much fun!
    edited June 2013
    Early in game everyone cried about the GWF getting nerfed cause it was over powered.. Then they nerf the TR to the point he really can not combat the GWF at all.. Nerf all characters but the GWF was not a balance. Pre patch I could go toe to toe with them and was about gear. Now.. even a lousy geared GWF can kill TRs easy. GWF immune to Stun.. GWF immune to Shocking Execution... GWF Breaks out of all Stuns with determination... GWF get determination like every 5 sec in battle.. Back to back. I personally think the balancing devs did was no balance at all. Every daily kills one hit on TR. Shocking Execution kills a TR and maybe a CW. Everyone else you have to beat down to 75% health or lower to get kill.. GWF Shocking execution is a fail since they are rarely out of determination and they are immune to most all attacks. That was a total disappointing balanceing of characters.

as a cleric it is frustrating that I can't knock back GWF's as knocking back and running away or kiting has been essential, GWF's have huge movement speed modifiers, there is no way I could ever outrun one and if I can't knock them back I have nothing to work with, I try to unload my daily upon them but they most of the time block it and my daily loses all power without doing a thing
    edited June 2013
    draemorin wrote: »
    I quit leveling my Cleric pre-nerf due to that class suffering from lack of viable heal skills. Their current ones require they be rooted in place when cast/used.

One cannot expect this game's healer class to be nimble when it has no on-the-move healing skills.

doesn't matter too much if they are rooted in place when healing, they are the slowest character in the game and have the least block of anyone, their spells are typically interrupted by spells that are cast shortly after theirs are, their attacks are also trickier to use often have a delay to them and you often have to point to a location which may not be where anything is actually at, and they are very prone to being stunned and controlled
  • xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yfz450x wrote: »
    Not sure what its like at 60 yet. But I'm already stopping this game till CW are fixed. from the 39 bracket down they just need 3 buttons. repel, the choke thing, and the arcane missile at-will...no melee can even get to them. once you do they have unlimited blinks and dodge all your abilities. Nerf the CC that is being done in pvp. The ability to push an entire team off of a point and then CC them off the point, and use your at-will to destroy them while your cc is killing them, and when you finally get to them, they blink away repel/choke and start the routine all over again. Also if there is more than one CW in the opposing group, theres just no winning. They will run to each point, CC the 1-2 players there, kill the player(s) and take the point. CW take the least amount of skill to play, and easily pump out the most dmg. As a TR yes I can hit them pretty hard...if I can even get a hit in, they dodge 50% of the attacks I try to get in, and usually its one of my biggest hits. PVE I've never been below top on dmg..so TR are great for dps...but are terrible in pvp. Cant get to a CW, and a skilled GF wont take any dmg. Honestly GWF and TR need buffed for PVP, or the other classes need a nerf. CW by far needs the biggest nerf. I've played each class into the 30's and as a DC I can kite 3-4 people around easily, CW I can CC/kite 2-3 players fairly easily, and as a GF I can heal through 2 maybe 3 players dmg. GWF I can barely 1v1, and TR I can take 2 at a time unless one of them is a CW/DC. These are things I've noticed through low-mid lvls. Till pvp is fixed I either wont play or will only PVE if buddies hop on.

I really hope your kidding about CW? I'm a GWF and owns CW. They are really annoying. But with my spec and feats I own CW kinda easy. They are annyoing with freeze and ****, but i'm still own them with my GWF.
  • dryspelldryspell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my one real compliant as CW insane range and the amount of lag in pvp but then the lag is mass issue on everything right now so meh!
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Learn gamae and come back again.

Only issue I see with PvP is the rubber-banding **** that makes a GF have to use Lunging strike and bulls charge like 90 times before it actually goes off but usualy the enemy has gotten away before it actually does... Dunno how many kills i lost cuz of this. The thing is, if there is as much as a tiny stone in your path those skills wont work.

EDIT: Check Fighters recovery (daily) and Ferocius Reaction (passive) to answer question, you could also check feats to understand how the the GF works a bit better.

If you know your oponents weakness and pros you will also win more.
  • vasqezvasqez Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My gwf smashed everything in pvp pre patch. Smashes even harder post patch. My friends dc is the reason we win every pvp match. GFs have a non tanking tree. And use of a certain daily in succession w all encounters can regain a large portion of HP. Please learn the classes better before whining up the forums.
    yeh +1

"GFs regaining their whole hp bar back in a second randomly"

It's their daily and it depends how much they hit you for. GWFs are trash? They are so freakin strong atm, you gotta be some trash seriously.

Tanks hittin too much? Those GFs that hit high can hardly be called "tanks". All they got from tanking is the blockin skill and that's it, they went for dmg feats and skills. GWFs feel way more tanky on pvp lately to be honest.

Like chabowbies said learn the classes b4 u come here to cry out loud cuz clerics can't stand still and laugh at others on pvp anymore
  • eyevan01eyevan01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why are GF (aka tanks) hitting 15-20k per hit in PvP and regaining their entire hp bar back in a second randomly? Why are DC complete trash after shield is off? Where are the other heals? And is astral shield the only heal they have as a healing based class that has no dps and naturally low defense without shield? Healing word is trash, sunburst is only there for AP, divinity healing with right click is a joke, bastion of health is trash. CW are buffing other people with combat advantage, still bugged. This isn't even PvP, this is a bugged, spammy, nerf fest.

My main concern is devoted cleric. Why do they have no other heals and why does righteousness exist... 40% really? Is that the only heal skill devoted cleric have? Also GF knocking you back, then dashing towards you instantly and hitting a 16k crit, sometimes 20k is ridiculous. And if you're still alive after that, they will kick you up and finish you that way or just normal attack to death. Tanks are hitting too high, the stunlock/bind is still messed up with more than one CW, 2 CW and 1 TR = infinite stun lock for example.

DC are trash. Tanks are the new DPS. GWF still useless. Yes I said it, DC are trash in PvP. 0 heals other than astral shield rofl, just one hit them all day now.

I think GF is the most OP'ed class in PvP right now. They take little damage, do crazy damage, and can CC like crazy. Usually takes 2 to 3 people to take one down. Really ridiculous
  • vasqezvasqez Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brostyn wrote: »
    PvP in this game is literally a one shot joke. Devoted clerics and GWF are a just worthless, tbh. The game is all about who gets the first shot, they are likely to win.

Honestly, is the PvE that much better? We have a tank class that can't taunt. So, it stands to reason we also have a healer class that can't heal...
    wtf are u all talkin about that GWF are useless? Are u guys srsly blind or what?

GWFs are so freakin strong in most aspects of this game, and you have to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to not notice that yet
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ATM in PvP on My GF its the only class i play but atm it seems like GWF are the hardest class for me to deal with even harder if ther player behind it know his/her **** i have also whitness them out tank stuff even i cant handle in PvP but my gear isent all that great and i dont have Soulforge and PF enchants or Tene yet i just hit 60 and currently am using a Mixed set for pvp. I still do alot of dmg with the dps tree probably more if i had my gear situated. Other then my beef with GwF is a skill of thers that grants them temporary HP it mite be a enchantment but temp hp coupled with soul forge and Ther one paragon Passive skill makes them so hard to kill 1v1 i think they need a slight tone down nothing huge. But on the flipside they are the best anti GF point capper in game atm and you can clearly tell a good/geared GWF From a Bad/geared GwF Bad Geared one i wreck any way thats just my input on pvp atm.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No and no. His gear was not even that good and he had maybe a 10.2k GS at the most and a lesser plaguefire enchant. It wasn't recovery or regen it was an instant full hp gain.

Yes and yes. Gear doesnt matter, when you pop your healing daily as a GF you will heal basically the mount of damage you put out. So if you knights challenge someone, then lunging strike them and then bull rush them, thats two encounters probably hitting or critting for around 15k+ total damage, This will then heal you almost that amount. I often go from low to full hp with that daily. It also sounds like he has low HP because with my 30k it is not instant. So either he got really nice crits or maybe a combo of everything.

Either way, its a daily that IS very strong but only pays off when you can actually use encounters and has a small cast time so its not instant.

The only other possibility is that he had a DC heal him back to full HP...

There is no "I WIN" button as a GF. Sure you can knights challenge them and bust your two other encounters and often times 2 shot someone but then your sitting with encounters on CD, or if a CW/TR dodges them your SOL or if 1 of them has a soulforge your done, cause you just gave them 100% damage bonus to you as well... Its often a bad idea to do against rogues/CWs because of that fact, same with GWFs who can rock you pretty good when used wrong. The ONLY class I never fear putting it on is a DC...
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vasqez wrote: »
    yeh +1

It's their daily and it depends how much they hit you for. GWFs are trash? They are so freakin strong atm, you gotta be some trash seriously.

Tanks hittin too much? Those GFs that hit high can hardly be called "tanks". All they got from tanking is the blockin skill and that's it, they went for dmg feats and skills. GWFs feel way more tanky on pvp lately to be honest.

Like chabowbies said learn the classes b4 u come here to cry out loud cuz clerics can't stand still and laugh at others on pvp anymore

omg this.

GF are no longer the "tank" in the game, GWF can take a whole team BEATING THEM while actually killing people and regaining their health, it's crazy..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    Learn gamae and come back again.

Only issue I see with PvP is the rubber-banding **** that makes a GF have to use Lunging strike and bulls charge like 90 times before it actually goes off but usualy the enemy has gotten away before it actually does... Dunno how many kills i lost cuz of this. The thing is, if there is as much as a tiny stone in your path those skills wont work.

EDIT: Check Fighters recovery (daily) and Ferocius Reaction (passive) to answer question, you could also check feats to understand how the the GF works a bit better.

If you know your oponents weakness and pros you will also win more.
    Learn grammar then come back please. I don't care about the recovery daily or ferocious trash passive or any of the feats, all I know is regaining 100% hp back from around 5-10% in an instant is currently ridiculous.
    vasqez wrote: »
    yeh +1

Lol, you seem mad? A good GF can tank more than 3 people on them while 2-3 hitting people, knocking them away, and knocking them down, while at the same time doing regen and the insta-full-hp garbage every once in a while. GWF are not more tanky, they can barely damage me in a 1v1 with shield/ff up. They are tanky, but a TR + CW can take one down very fast. BTW, their daily doesn't make them regen all their HP back in a second.
    eyevan01 wrote: »
    I think GF is the most OP'ed class in PvP right now. They take little damage, do crazy damage, and can CC like crazy. Usually takes 2 to 3 people to take one down. Really ridiculous
    This. Proves my point, a good GF will not go down to 1 or 2 people. They can pretty much sit at a base and protect it and stall out people trying to kill them, especially one person, good luck killing one or even dealing 5% off their HP as a DC.
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yes and yes. Gear doesnt matter, when you pop your healing daily as a GF you will heal basically the mount of damage you put out. So if you knights challenge someone, then lunging strike them and then bull rush them, thats two encounters probably hitting or critting for around 15k+ total damage, This will then heal you almost that amount. I often go from low to full hp with that daily. It also sounds like he has low HP because with my 30k it is not instant. So either he got really nice crits or maybe a combo of everything.

Either way, its a daily that IS very strong but only pays off when you can actually use encounters and has a small cast time so its not instant.

There is no "I WIN" button as a GF. Sure you can knights challenge them and bust your two other encounters and often times 2 shot someone but then your sitting with encounters on CD, or if a CW/TR dodges them your SOL or if 1 of them has a soulforge your done, cause you just gave them 100% damage bonus to you as well... Its often a bad idea to do against rogues/CWs because of that fact, same with GWFs who can rock you pretty good when used wrong. The ONLY class I never fear putting it on is a DC...
    Lol, seriously? How many times do I have to say multiple people are doing this, regaining ALL their HP back in a second, I'd see if a cleric heals them to full, I'm not blind, and like I said, in less than a second and it didn't seem like he got much hits on the CW/TR because they were stun locking him from far and TR smoking from close and completely destroying the guy. Gear does matter actually, especially as a DC or a GF. Get your facts straight. Anyway, my main point in this thread is, DC are terrible in PvP and tanks should be more tanky instead of hitting higher than DPS and healing more than a cleric sometimes? Lol.. and I have a 13k GS DC, also a 12k GS CW don't think I'm some inexperienced kid talking.
    edited June 2013
    They need to fix devoted cleric and control wizard in the next patch, devoted cleric skills that are not affected by recovery need to be fixed and righteousness needs to be taken off, the absolute perfect fix for devoted cleric that's all everyone is asking for. I hope they make defense a bit more useful too.
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »

clerics have nothing that can heal like that, clerics suck at healing
    edited June 2013
    OP is obv just ignorant when it comes to classes besides his own. Useless arguing with a butthurt child.
    INB4, INB4
This discussion has been closed.