What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bind on Pickup = Death of the Economy

2»

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FYI...New Salvage System

To give players an additional method of earning Astral Diamonds for their Dungeon Delves, we'll be trying out a new "salvage" system that will allow players to redeem their dungeon loot at an NPC in Protector's Enclave for AD rewards.

Losing AD not entirely valid then, ppl might even start running DD or simply Dungeons more

Have you actually tried it?

Do you have any idea what the returns are?

Well, I did, and its not a heck of a lot. T1 arms, boots, head are worth 4000. T1 armor is 5000. It is almost worth more to sell them for the gold.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    I understand your point, but if they've not seen this through I'd be really disappointed on them.
    Cryptic does have a history of trying to please the masses by doing silly, ham-handed things. This smells like one of 'em.

To be honest though, I'm surprised at the change; I didn't think they'd do anything to decrease the in-game value of AD and therefore Zen. However, I can't help but wonder if it's a first step towards some sort of Zen shenanigans down the line - the sort of shenanigans that the sheeple would gnash their teeth over now, but be ever so thankful for later once they've gotten used to this change.

Somebody somewhere mentioned using Zen to make BoP items BoE, for instance; there's also the possibility of offering superior crafting unlocks, or even just selling superior items directly for Zen. Hrm...

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    Launch EQ1 did not, for the most part. They added a bunch of BoP stuff later, new items, while leaving the originals the way they were. The original stuff didn't bind on anything.

J-boots were bind on pickup. They did not say bind on pickup but they did say no drop which meant you couldn't give them away or sell them. So that was a bind on pickup item.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    Launch EQ1 did not, for the most part. They added a bunch of BoP stuff later, new items, while leaving the originals the way they were. The original stuff didn't bind on anything.

All world boss and raid items were "no drop" which is the same as BoP. At launch this would include nagafen items, vox tems, PoA items, poF items, PoH items. Quest rewards from the ungodly long quests were also no drop.

Stuff that dropped off trash was generally free to be sold.