test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bind on Pickup = Death of the Economy

noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
AD will become the new gold. It won't be worth anything substantial at all.

RNG will own your face apart and you will get stuck farming the same instances >9000 times only to get 3 out of 4 pieces of your set. GG'd.

GAME RUINED BY CHANGE.

This is not WoW. I don't not want WoW. STOP COPYING WOW.

Or better yet, give the whiners their own shard where items can't be traded and everyone can be a big cesspool of terribad together.

As for this change: who really wants this garbage??!?!
Post edited by noyouwont on

Comments

• Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Crafting items will actually be worth something.

I welcome the change.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noyouwont wrote: »

GAME RUINED BY CHANGE.

WoW is not where this started you do know WoW copied other games.

When I played EQI way before WoW came out there were items that were bound on pick-up.
  • Options
    noyouwontnoyouwont Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Crafting items will actually be worth something.

I welcome the change.

The fundamental problem is this:

Dungeon loot is the ONLY loot that can only be obtained legitimately.

I don't see bots running around in T2 rampantly putting massive amounts of gear on the AH.

IT STILL HAS VALUE.

This makes it so all trade-able goods can be obtained by ill-gotten means and the cheaters will decimate the economy.

GAME RUINED.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    The fundamental problem is this:

Dungeon loot is the ONLY loot that can only be obtained legitimately.

I don't see bots running around in T2 rampantly putting massive amounts of gear on the AH.

IT STILL HAS VALUE.

This makes it so all trade-able goods can be obtained by ill-gotten means and the cheaters will decimate the economy.

GAME RUINED.

I think the problems lies within DD it self, most mmo that does BoP have no DD-style timer on their dungeon
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    AD will become the new gold. It won't be worth anything substantial at all.

RNG will own your face apart and you will get stuck farming the same instances >9000 times only to get 3 out of 4 pieces of your set. GG'd.

GAME RUINED BY CHANGE.

Or better yet, give the whiners their own shard where items can't be traded and everyone can be a big cesspool of terribad together.

That is a very interesting opinion you have there, I noticed your title is "Bind on Pickup = Death of the Economy" You seem to have missed out the formula,graphs,surveys and statistic's that support your statement. You must have forgotten them. Upload them when you'r ready I am eagure to see them....
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I believe that it's their fix to exploiting dungeons, instead of fixing the dungeons themselves. If you can't sell the loot other than to vendor for gold, then the damage the exploits can do has been cut down drastically.

I'll have to hear just how widespread they plan to bind items before I go one way or the other on the topic. It seems odd that they would just unbind several items from dungeon drops as bug fixes, then turn around and bind them all a week later.
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Must be an order from high up to drive zen sales ;)
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    odinspath wrote: »
    That is a very interesting opinion you have there, I noticed your title is "Bind on Pickup = Death of the Economy" You seem to have missed out the formula,graphs,surveys and statistic's that support your statement. You must have forgotten them. Upload them when you'r ready I am eagure to see them....

Do you think this sounded smart? You want statistics that can only be produced by implementing the change and recording data, before the change is implemented?

So you're basically saying we should take it on faith.
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    WoW is not where this started you do know WoW copied other games.

When I played EQI way before WoW came out there were items that were bound on pick-up.

Launch EQ1 did not, for the most part. They added a bunch of BoP stuff later, new items, while leaving the originals the way they were. The original stuff didn't bind on anything.
  • Options
    odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you think this sounded smart? You want statistics that can only be produced by implementing the change and recording data, before the change is implemented?

So you're basically saying we should take it on faith.

I was saying the OP's post is not justified in any way shape or form. It was an opinion he desperately tried to disguise as a fact.

The best way to show this would be ask for the facts behind his theory.
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So wait, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is now bound to you from dungeons?
    If so, shall never run a dungeon again. Lol.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just listen to people. Plenty of players have experienced RNG hell running dungeons countless times and not getting the piece of gear they are after. If this is done then the AH won't offer any respite from that, and it's grind grind grind.

A lot of the attraction of NW was that it was not as grindy, and all the good gear being BoP will totally flip that on its head.

It's amazing to even see a small few people on the forum who actually seem to want the game to be a grinder. There are plenty of other games for that.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As I said, if the only way I have to make AD is to pump diamonds into my toons through Zen, then there is no more desire for me to play the game, which is a shame as I've been a staunch supporter. How are we supposed to acquire the finances to buy mounts, enchants, wards? Through Zen?

I'm sorry, put this feature in and watch the login plummet to the ground. People do NOT like to be reminded of have and have not in game. It's too much like real life.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we have your stuff? It will be like most other mmos and thats not necessarily a bad thing. My guess is all the ancient stuff will be the bop stuff anyways. Probably wont affect you anyways if you are complaining about gearing.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we have your stuff? It will be like most other mmos and thats not necessarily a bad thing. My guess is all the ancient stuff will be the bop stuff anyways. Probably wont affect you anyways if you are complaining about gearing.

Your guess is wrong, how bout you go read the facts.. They said MOST items will be BOP.. And said a FEW will be BOE and mentioned a crappy non-setbonus rogue item as an example. PVP/Seal all that stuff BOP too..
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All those that say this (BoP), will turn this game into grinding are mistaken... Actually, this is how it works with BoE.

Simple reason:

BoE = Run dungeons to become wealthy by selling items int he AH, then buy your equipment.
    BoP = Run dungeons to obtain your own equipment.

Cryptic just needs to modify the chance to drop to make it BoP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much what vold said. Sure you wont be rolling in ad so items like the cat etc will be there for those who deserve it, have it or are incredibly patient.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    WHAT? WE HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME SLOWLY NOW AND NOT FINISH IT IN 2 WEEKS? IM OUT!

(jk)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    All those that say this (BoP), will turn this game into grinding are mistaken... Actually, this is how it works with BoE.

Simple reason:

BoE = Run dungeons to become wealthy by selling items int he AH, then buy your equipment.
    BoP = Run dungeons to obtain your own equipment.

Cryptic just needs to modify the chance to drop to make it BoP.

And when you get your equipment you stop running dungeons. Because there is little reason to do so anymore.

When enough people stop running dungeons it becomes harder to fill queues. If folks don't fill queues, it becomes harder to get gear. If folks feel they cant gear up with reasonable effort, folks will leave. Leaving queues even harder to fill. This will continue in a slow spiraling decent until the only way to get gear is to rely on charity from the geared to help out.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you can't sell gear on the AH your AD gain per day gets diminished so you can't buy as much zen with your AD soooo... you ACTUALLY buy zen with $$ instead!!!

It's brilliant, really. win-win.

People will say "omg you're killing the economy", "omg you're making the casual players quit", "omg I love the changes cause now my e-peen will be bigger" but guess what? That was not what they were aiming to. Fools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    dronemandroneman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    If you can't sell gear on the AH your AD gain per day gets diminished so you can't buy as much zen with your AD soooo... you ACTUALLY buy zen with $$ instead!!!

People will say "omg you're killing the economy", "omg you're making the casual players quit", "omg I love the changes cause now my e-peen will be bigger" but guess what? That was not what they were aiming to. Fools.

do explain to the fools
  • Options
    crusader468crusader468 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    I think the problems lies within DD it self, most mmo that does BoP have no DD-style timer on their dungeon

Guess you never played AoC then, timer on dungeons was 7 days, and gear Bop
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    And when you get your equipment you stop running dungeons. Because there is little reason to do so anymore.

When enough people stop running dungeons it becomes harder to fill queues. If folks don't fill queues, it becomes harder to get gear. If folks feel they cant gear up with reasonable effort, folks will leave. Leaving queues even harder to fill. This will continue in a slow spiraling decent until the only way to get gear is to rely on charity from the geared to help out.

The same would happen if it remains BoE; or, are you saying that the only reason for those that have obtained their own equipment to go to the dungeons is to obtain equipment to sell it in the AH?, it probably is one of the reasons but that alone in long term will not prevent what you said. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »

Doh... the AD:Zen ratio will change as well... who is the silly now? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is why kids should not be able to play mmo's first they whine over "ninjas" now that they can have their own gear they whine on cryptic
  • Options
    crusader468crusader468 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FYI...New Salvage System

To give players an additional method of earning Astral Diamonds for their Dungeon Delves, we'll be trying out a new "salvage" system that will allow players to redeem their dungeon loot at an NPC in Protector's Enclave for AD rewards.

Losing AD not entirely valid then, ppl might even start running DD or simply Dungeons more
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    The same would happen if it remains BoE; or, are you saying that the only reason for those that have obtained their own equipment to go to the dungeons is to obtain equipment to sell it in the AH?, it probably is one of the reasons but that alone in long term will not prevent what you said. :)

No, not true at all AD is money. More money then gold. AD can buy you stuff in the zen store and the bazaar, and could set one up with a nice nest egg for future gear levels or increases.

Being fully geared was not a reason to stop running dungeons because one could still profit from it. Legitimately. It was a way to earn AD beyond simply grinding dailies. It was a way to continue to progress and earn, even after you got gear.

Remove the ability to profit from it. And you remove the whole reason to do them. Why bother getting geared if there is little reason or motivation to use said gear after the fact. You don't need high end gear to run dailies. And if dailies become the ONLY way to earn AD. Dungeon runs will all but evaporate, seeing as how they are the slowest and least efficient of the dailies to do.
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this whining about people needing on gear has been an irrational knee-jerk reaction from the players. It has little merit in the first place and is entirely based on perceptions and gut feelings that are wrong.

Even with BOP, 99% of what anyone would need will be to sell it, not to actually use it. I've seen the whiners in a dungeon whining about people needing on their class gear. Then, I've seen them sell it themselves.

It's mind boggling to me that people actually believe this was ever even a serious problem. Everything should just be need imo.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    No, not true at all AD is money. More money then gold. AD can buy you stuff in the zen store and the bazaar, and could set one up with a nice nest egg for future gear levels or increases.

Being fully geared was not a reason to stop running dungeons because one could still profit from it. Legitimately. It was a way to earn AD beyond simply grinding dailies. It was a way to continue to progress and earn, even after you got gear.

Remove the ability to profit from it. And you remove the whole reason to do them. Why bother getting geared if there is little reason or motivation to use said gear after the fact. You don't need high end gear to run dailies. And if dailies become the ONLY way to earn AD. Dungeon runs will all but evaporate, seeing as how they are the slowest and least efficient of the dailies to do.

I understand your point, but if they've not seen this through I'd be really disappointed on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]