test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
SCORE: 5.79 / 10 (91 reviews)
One week before the release of the game, how would you rate/review it as it is? :rolleyes:

PLEASE ANSWER THE POLL HONESTLY!!!
INTENDED TO SERVE AS FEEDBACK.

I gave it a 5, but after knowing about BoP, which in m opinion is a good thing, I raise it to a 5.5. Although, this game has a potential of a 8.5 or so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
Post edited by vold316 on

Comments

• zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game potential = 9.5
    Current state post patch = 5
  • pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    if the patch including BoP will come live im out of this mess - for now its 3.5
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd say the game is a solid 7.

Pros:
    - The professions and ability to access them offline are a plus.
    - The faster pace of gameplay is another plus.
    - For the most part, the prevalence of voiceovers and neutral NPCs in zones makes things feel alive.
    - The little touches, like class or race-specific missions is a plus.
    - The ability to earn ADs without paying is great.
    - The companion system is mostly good, as are the mounts you can buy for gold.
    - The fact that you get an 18- and 12-slot bag for free, from doing missions, is great
    - The ability to play for free, while still earning ADs (or trading them for Zen), is a huge boon for the game and players.

Cons:
    - The extremely limited range of non-rare gear appearances is a detriment.
    - The different control scheme and lack of always-free-mouse adds to the learning curve.
    - Bosses being add-fests is a cop-out.
    - The fact that gear from 1-59 is basically disposable means that there's little reason to even care about it.
    - The stinginess and cost of level 60 ID scrolls, combined with the lack of interest in green items at 60 means that there's little reason to want to ID that gear or sell/trade it.
    - The lack of an actual rez spell means that if you are downed, and someone cannot get to you in 10 seconds, your whole team is punished, needs to be addressed. Clerics *should* have this ability.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Blizzard executives are offering (How to lessons) on how to make a successful Mmo with 8 million subscribers. For a fee, they are willing to send over Blizzard Developers to help Cryptic in developing this game (with the D&D) label slapped on it into becoming a great game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Blizzard executives are offering (How to lessons) on how to make a successful Mmo with 8 million subscribers. For a fee, they are willing to send over Blizzard Developers to help Cryptic in developing this game (with the D&D) label slapped on it into becoming a great game.

Jay Wilson included, take it or leave it. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd pay a subscription for this game if they'd fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• iirciirc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With everything right now 3/10.....when BoP is implented 0/10, final nail to the coffin for me.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would $15 a month for, no cash store, bugs fixed, Classes designed around the holy trinity, a nice open world to explore, all in the D&D setting.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Jay Wilson included, take it or leave it. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd pay a subscription for this game if they'd fix it.

Are you implying that Jay Wilson is working for Cryptic and bringing his wonderful flaws from Diablo III to help advance this awesome game too the top of the Mmo market place?
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    Are you implying that Jay Wilson is working for Cryptic and bringing his wonderful flaws from Diablo III to help advance this awesome game too the top of the Mmo market place?

If that'd be the case, this game would have been released in april, 30th. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    If that'd be the case, this game would have been released in april, 30th. :p

Yeah because bringing this game out on the 20th of June with all the issues it has right now isn't going to doom it to failure? Why not postpone the launch until all these issues are resolved.This included No world to Explore, minimal character depth, Dungeons that are crazy over tuned, was the vision the developers had for this game to help foster in the quickest failed launch of an mmo?
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    Yeah because bringing this game out on the 20th of June with all the issues it has right now isn't going to doom it to failure? Why not postpone the launch until all these issues are resolved.This included No world to Explore, minimal character depth, Dungeons that are crazy over tuned, was the vision the developers had for this game to help foster in the quickest failed launch of an mmo?
    Btw, I agree with some of what you said, the Jay Wilson stuff was a joke. ;)
    The blizzard that created WoW no longer exists, since they fused with activision they've been killing WoW, also the game is old, there's not much to learn from it as it is now.
    Honestly, I was very disappointed when they announced the release for 20th of june. I had really high hopes for this game, although I still have the hope that they amend their errors in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    While most of the Cw powers, feats and sets are bugged and broken, I won't give this more than 4.
  • zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I just don't understand why people really believe its coming out of "BETA" the 20th. Its been out of BETA for quite awhile now. When they started charging for Founders Packs and Zen it was out of BETA. It was a soft launch full of known bugs and released to begin generating revenue as soon as possible. It will "fully launch" the 20th full of bugs and issues.

I love the potential of this game. Sadly I am beginning to think it will never actually realize its potential.
  • moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A temporary 7, this is without the class balances, which I will try soon!
    edited June 2013
    zaarel2 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why people really believe its coming out of "BETA" the 20th. Its been out of BETA for quite awhile now. When they started charging for Founders Packs and Zen it was out of BETA. It was a soft launch full of known bugs and released to begin generating revenue as soon as possible. It will "fully launch" the 20th full of bugs and issues.

I love the potential of this game. Sadly I am beginning to think it will never actually realize its potential.

The fact is that it should still be in closed beta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    current state 3/10
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lets go get all the people who already quit to come vote on a poll on this forum to make it accurate
  • wolveenwolveen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would $15 a month for, no cash store, bugs fixed, Classes designed around the holy trinity, a nice open world to explore, all in the D&D setting.

Isnt that called...oh wait every fantasy MMO? (EQ, EQ2, WoW, etc?) You can solo and duo somewhat but Trinity is the main mechanic to explore all the content?
  • fssxfssx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5/10 - This queue system is ... O_o... It destroy game for me, because i cant play - cant get gear...

A not prepared to ... Many people earn enough AD of exploits and bugs ... They let it in the CBT or do Wipe, but it was no longer possible.
    edited June 2013
    bump, bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2013
    So far, SCORE: 5.66 / 10 (44 reviews)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    score 5/10

the good
    PVP Domination
    Queuing system
    In game lore

the bad
    Dungeon bosses are easy as a result mobs spawn endlessly - kill spawns - boss -spawns - boss
    Lack of a real Healing class in the game since last patch -Cleric needs a buff on healing abilities
    soon to have a Bind on pick up system - pointless to run dungeons now if u have the gear u want from them
    some of the monsters in game are immune to all abilities ( other then bosses ) this shod be changed

so the the good makes this a rly good game and the bad break's the game play making some of the content unplayable
  • s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Pros:
    Fun, fast paced combat
    Fun leveling
    Beautiful (instanced) world
    Someone finally made a tank class that I enjoy :)
    Crafting offline (gateway)
    Foundry, although limited ATM has great potential

Cons:
    Cash shop prices, even post reductions
    MMO staples such as re-specs being in the cash shop
    Bland, unimaginative boss fights
    Lacks character customization and depth
    Extremely linear world, no exploration
    Limited end game

All in all a decent game with fun to be had, but due to high cash shop prices not a game I currently view as a new MMO "home", just one I'm passing through while waiting on other releases.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW isn't dead....oh wait...Panda's Unite!

this game had potential, it's losing my interest. As I get higher in levels and dungeons get harder the game's weaknesses are becoming more obvious to me. I'm just regretting now spending over 600.00 on it so far. I voted "three" for the poll.

Here's why:

1) the game is largely sitting in PE working professions, receiving blessings, waiting for queue pops that take up to and sometimes longer an hour at a time. Even when you get into a dungeon 9/10 times you can't complete it, so forget about accomplishing dailies. PVP is always going to be unbalanced in any MMO but in this game it's like they never even thought about balance. Classes that should feel powerful such as a GWF feel weak and squishy. The best thing about this game is TR, it's epic. If you want an awesome rogue play feel this game has it, other than that..meh.

My interest in quickly waning, maybe that's what Cryptic/PWE wanted, quick turn and burn cash cows like myself...Pop in, get excited by the potential and the look of the game and kurplunk drop 6 hundred bucks over a month.

No more...I'm done until this game improves. Hell I'm not even questing anymore cause I can reach 60 just logging in getting blessing and doing PVP dailies...and I don't even have to PVP much, just drop in a few times die in three seconds and get my AD for two or three completed matches. Three days of that gives me a level on my character.

Zen is way overpriced, especially compared to AD acrual in the game.

I had high hopes for the game, but it's waning.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
    edited June 2013
    SCORE: 5.68 / 10 (60 reviews)

Well, that's more than I expected, given all the QQ going on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I gave it a 6 primarily due to lack of customer support. I've had characters stuck unable to log in due to client crashing as soon as I attempt for 1 month, ended up deleting them and starting over since they were only in their 20s.. Shortly after deleting I get an automated response stating the ticket is closed lol.
  • nojil676nojil676 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game Potential : 9.0
    Game state: 6.5

For a game claiming to release the whole game on the 20th there is still so many things wrong, missing, or broken. I truly do love the game and I hope they get there stuff together and speed up the rate in which they fix issues, bugs, glitches, exploits, and overall performance. One week till "Launch" and people are still having issues logging in, rubber banding, graphical errors. With the recent "balancing patch" they did fix a lot of things that needed to be fixed while destroying other aspects of the game ie Cleric healing.
  • glyph69glyph69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I'm giving the game a 6 as of right now.

My reason for such a low rating is the following:
    There are still stability/frame rate issues.
    There are areas/zones of the game that still feel unpolished (example:Ebon Downs - Meet the Bartender...who happens to be outside?).
    There is a lack of tools for the roleplaying community.
    Leveling needs to be toned down.

Sure I have more things I'd like to see fixed but these are the things that should be fixed before launch. I have a problem when they are releasing more PvP content before Roleplaying content in a game called Dungeons and Dragons. I have a problem when we're talking a week until release and the Protector's Enclave is a lagfest due to it being the only hub in the game (with 1 mailbox). I have a problem when I can casually hit max level in a couple of weeks. Everything is a problem I listed that should not make it to launch.

Sure, there are things I'd like to see done, but I'm not going to fault them for not having more than what they advertise...as long as they fulfill what they advertise.
    edited June 2013
    BUMP, to increase the poll reviews before than the time ends (4 hours). :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ultimombraultimombra Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game Potential: 9
    Game state: 6

I give it a six only because I consider the imminent official release that includes the new class, new paragon paths and all the other things I red about but, a game with the D&D logo need more, more and more passion to be well realized!

GAMEPLAY:

Pros: Fun action combat
    Cons: Need more mechanics to improve the strategy

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION:

Pros: A lot of races.
    The IP gives tons of possibility/struments to improve the game and cancel the Cons...

Cons: Need a hybrid class even if very limited/nerfed due to the balance of the game
    Need more usefull skills like Alchemy, Create Traps etc.
    Need more weapons and armors
    Need activated Objects like Wands, Spellscrolls and so on.
    Need more classes and 3 paragon paths each ASAP.

LONGEVITY:

Pros: Foundry
    Cons: Need more challenge in PvE - Too fast level cap 60
    Need Stronger Bosses and less adds/mobs
    Need to sit down on a chair while into a tavern for RP i mean.
    The Unseen Knight