test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To all those saying NWO is P2w..

13»

Comments

• fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    If the game isn't P2W already--and I think it is--then it will be down the road. Games from Perfect World Entertainment always end up sinking this way. Once the usual horde of cash shoppers is finished, nobody will stand a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    This game is not P2W. Pay to win would indicate you must spend RL money in order to have BiS gear etc. This is not the case in Neverwinter, since everything is obtainable through gameplay.

This game might be pay to get ahead. But most things in the zen shop are retardedly overpriced for a cash shop game. The only thing at a sensible price is actually character slots IMO.

For me, buying things from the zen shop besides slots seems pointless. Why spend more on a f2p game than I would on a sub based game per month when I can get everything in time? Buying things for RL money would take away gametime and sense of progression compared to getting it for AD. It would remove one of the many goals in-game.

The only thing that was poorly done at start was the BoE epics from dungeons, but changing this soon will solve alot of future problems.

Many try to go the pay to win way in Neverwinter with the things where they can get the upper hand. Like massive enchants most of us non-real-money spending players obtain at a MUCH slower rate. But then again, many of them are scrubs that run around and whine when they lose in BGs, claiming people are cowards and noobs for not going 1vs1 with them. Thos types of players will decline pretty soon and most likely move onto the next game. And all I can do is laugh at them.

In PvE I have no issue if someone is overly enchanted through RL money, it helps me just as it helps them. Not saying I have an issue with it in PvP either, it's their choise and as I said, for many of them, the chants wont make them more skilled. I've killed plenty of them myself and gotten whined at over and over.

This could however be fixed and balanced for a leveled playingfield through the implementation of PvP gear only. PvP gear, PvP enchants, all for glory and you would start out with a generic set. But thats just my point of view.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The main point in all of this, all arguments and point of views aside and not addressing exploits as that is another matter entirely is this....

....People will always worry about who has what and how they got it, the arguments will continue until people simply mind their own business. Yes, it is that simple.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter is pay to win , deal with it .
  • mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    mezekul wrote: »
    AT any rate, it's a dumb term invented by 10 year olds and free loaders. I digress.

It's quite enjoyable watching you become side-tracked as your argument crumbles before you. Are you having trouble believing your own words now?

That means you lost.
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    A vast amount of this game isn't "P2win", but three little words change all that(I'll add many more words to explain why):

Greater Tenebrous Enchant.

Go ahead and try to grind the AD to buy them for your gear. Try to kill the guy in PvP that has them when you do not, before he flattens you. Try to outperform the guy of equal skill in any PvE encounter. It hasn't been nerfed with balance passes, isn't scheduled for a nerf, and hasn't been limited in how many you can stack(it's so good that people use blues instead of epics solely for the offense enchant slots).

From this we can either deduce that the developers are really slow on the draw(which I doubt, even when I disagree with them I know these guys aren't dumb), or their game performance is directly designed with this item that cannot reasonably be obtained without purchase in mind.
  • snowman1871snowman1871 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mezekul wrote: »
    AT any rate, it's a dumb term invented by 10 year olds and free loaders. I digress.

After reading the posts you put up in this thread, you are so involved in defending this game that you don't want to acknowledge that it is P2W. The fact that anyone can stroll on in here and get top end gear without having to grind anything is wrong. If this is how Perfect World thinks a game survives today than good luck and be ready to move on to another game.