test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Team work > The Nerf.

silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I am red, the rogue. My friend is blue, the Cleric. He followed the team and kept us up, as is his job. I used my big bad daily twice both matches, his twice as well... if you honestly think that the patch on the 20th is going to be game changing, I suggest you do the mathematics of your skill tree a bit better ( Except you poor tanks and GW fighters... guys, I really hope you get the love you so deserve ).

ZpkBwjq.png

The point of this post is not really about the nerf though... my friend worked his *** off to keep us up, and with the coming patch not only will good Clerics like him get completed back of the bussed in PvP, but honestly the drop in willing Clerics is going to be so drastic there will be no point in playing anything but PvE. Which I suppose is fine, I've nothing against PvE, but my staying reason is PvP.

If you don't give your healers points for doing their jobs... they'll quit. A simple bachelors in business could teach you that.

( This is in regards to assist points given to damagers instead of healers. )
I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
Post edited by silence1k1ll on

Comments

• Options
    lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure soon enough all the clerics will rage quit playing pvp because they can't win that awesome blue rare item.. Totally worried that is going to be the cause
  • Options
    xippinxippin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am red, the rogue. My friend is blue, the Cleric. He followed the team and kept us up, as is his job. I used my big bad daily twice both matches, his twice as well... if you honestly think that the patch on the 20th is going to be game changing, I suggest you do the mathematics of your skill tree a bit better ( Except you poor tanks and GW fighters... guys, I really hope you get the love you so deserve ).

ZpkBwjq.png

The point of this post is not really about the nerf though... my friend worked his *** off to keep us up, and with the coming patch not only will good Clerics like him get completed back of the bussed in PvP, but honestly the drop in willing Clerics is going to be so drastic there will be no point in playing anything but PvE. Which I suppose is fine, I've nothing against PvE, but my staying reason is PvP.

If you don't give your healers points for doing their jobs... they'll quit. A simple bachelors in business could teach you that.

( This is in regards to assist points given to damagers instead of healers. )

I have a 60 DC, and personally I don't see what the problem is.

The ONLY heals a DC has that don't actually do any damage are...
    Astral Shield (Encounter) - Great Spell, can't argue against it in any way.
    Healing Word (Encounter) - Complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Heal, and with 3 charges it's worthless in an extended fight.
    Bastion of Health (Encounter) - Long cool down makes it worthless in pvp for the amount it heals in my opinion.
    Hallowed Ground (Daily) - It only heals if you feat for it, but it also reduces damage to your allies and increases damage they deal. Great daily in any scenario.

Of those 4, only 2 of them are worth anything in pvp.

Forgemaster's Flame (Encounter)- Great ability for PvP. It snares, does damage, and if you Divinity it...it heals for quite a bit.
    Sun Burst (Encounter) - AoE Damage, AoE heal, and if you Divinity it...it heals for more and knocks enemies back.
    Astral Seal (At Will) - It's an At Will that does damage when you use it and grants healing to anyone who attack that target. Should be cast on every enemy near you in my opinion.

The ONLY difference in the two scenarios (pre patch, post patch) is that the easiest way to avoid dieing which is running in a circle jumping up and down so that you are always going out of reach of the melee classes is no longer viable because you actually need to stop and cast something other then astral shield.

In all reality, a DC that isn't using abilities that deal some sort of damage isn't doing their job because they aren't applying Astral Seal, Forgemaster's Flame, or Sun Burst. A DC that doesn't deal damage is one who is not applying Astral Seal, using the worst heals in the game (aside from Astral Shield), and not applying the damage buffs/debuffs or CC that the class is capable of.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    xippin, he's referring to the discrepancies of points rewarded for kills versus healing. He's worried clerics are going to stop playing because they can't get top score to win the random blue rare item.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lednail wrote: »
    xippin, he's referring to the discrepancies of points rewarded for kills versus healing. He's worried clerics are going to stop playing because they can't get top score to win the random blue rare item.

Less winning a blue item and more the psychology of "winning". But yes, bingo.

Clerics keep me alive, they need to be visually rewarded for what they do.

( At least give a "Healing" column. )
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    While a scoreboard much the same as a dungeon instance showing the different numbers would be nice. The larger problem is the fact that there's not really any incentive to pvp. You can place that problem in order before or after or where ever you'd like when it comes to class imbalances and gear discrepancy problems everyone likes to endlessly QQ about.
  • Options
    superkhesuperkhe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isnt the reason behind the change to make it worthless to bots to pvp? It may suck for Clerics, but getting rid of bots will be a much more meaninful improvement to everybody... or so I hope.
  • Options
    brandyyyybrandyyyy Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    pvp in this game is just somethign I do because someitmes bonus thing says go pvp lol I I wanan pvp in pen and papers it makes no sense in dnd should not even try
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it's about the blue item reward because even now before this upcoming patch, clerics have no way of reaching the top of the scoreboard. My cleric has never won a blue item reward ever! Besides, at level 60, blue items are only good for selling to the vendor for gold.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well that is good news cause honestly Clerics are OP in PvP and if there is less of them so there is more killing then I am all for it. The nerf affects the bad rogues and yes its annoying so it will be huge. When rogues only drop in on a base to use a daily then run off again. Since its used as there main attack in order to fight. Like I said. This will be good cause the rogue class is amazing and the class should be played that way which would include SE to not do much dmg. I don't think any daily should do more then 25% dmg. It should be a utility with moderate burst.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

What discrepancies?

If I deal damage, but don't get the killing blow on my GWF...I get assist points, not kill points. 50 points per kill 25 per assist.

If my tank spec'd GF (no, he's not the 15k power dps GF) spends the entire game CC'ing TR's and CW's off our squishies, but don't actually land a killing blow I get assist points, not kill points.

The DC is at no disadvantage anyone else doesn't share. If you don't get the killing blow, it's 25 points...the only difference is, you actually have to participate in the fight now, you can't drop an astral shield or throw out a healing word then run to another point or hide behind a corner and passively gain credit for assists.

And yup, just tested it myself, currently if you don't land the killing blow as a DC...you don't get points for a kill, only points for the assist.

So, my argument still stands. For a DC actively participating in the fight and not just simply dropping an Astral Shield...nothing will change.
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Don't need more points, we need less. One actually. Did you win or did you lose? 1 - 0. Points get people to do stupid things like run from point to point for "300 poaints! WOO" and chase people for the kill etc etc. If I hold point #2 for the whole match without ever losing it, you can guarantee I'll have the lowest score. The entire point system is too terrible to salvage.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    xippin wrote: »
    What discrepancies?

If I deal damage, but don't get the killing blow on my GWF...I get assist points, not kill points. 50 points per kill 25 per assist.

If my tank spec'd GF (no, he's not the 15k power dps GF) spends the entire game CC'ing TR's and CW's off our squishies, but don't actually land a killing blow I get assist points, not kill points.

The DC is at no disadvantage anyone else doesn't share. If you don't get the killing blow, it's 25 points...the only difference is, you actually have to participate in the fight now, you can't drop an astral shield or throw out a healing word then run to another point or hide behind a corner and passively gain credit for assists.

And yup, just tested it myself, currently if you don't land the killing blow as a DC...you don't get points for a kill, only points for the assist.

So, my argument still stands. For a DC actively participating in the fight and not just simply dropping an Astral Shield...nothing will change.

I figured you were a moron when I had to point out what the OP was actually referring to, but your reply only confirms it. I would like to see you as a heal spec'd DC participate in the fight while healing and keeping your party alive and get more points then a competent CW or TR that are travelling point to point with you.

Besides the fact that the point system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyways and the people worried about it much the same. It's f#$king random blue trash for #1. But it doesn't change the fact that xippin your argument has no relevance towards the OP, since a actual decent healing DC will be wasting ability slots, daily's, cast times, and cool downs on healing/survival abilities that lower his chances of getting death blows. (Which also give bonus points for point defense..etc) Therefore lowering his overall points score by only receiving assists points.

By xippin's logic DC's need to all go DPS and "participate in the fight". Hold on let me check... yup still think you're a moron.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you don't give your healers points for doing their jobs... they'll quit
    time to wake up, are people playing on lvl 60 for blues and greens ?
    that`s what you`re saying, because that scorelist is just about getting a green or blue, nothing else.
    let`s quit the game for an occasionally 10/30 silver reward ;p
  • Options
    lp7plp7p Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol, DC's are targets and decoys. PvP: Rogue, CW, GF on cleric....everyone else run capture point; DC dies rinse and repeat....lol
  • Options
    lp7plp7p Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    time to wake up, are people playing on lvl 60 for blues and greens ?
    that`s what you`re saying, because that scorelist is just about getting a green or blue, nothing else.
    let`s quit the game for an occasionally 10/30 silver reward ;p
    I don't and didn't PvP for a scoreboard with my name at the top, nor did I do it for items. I PvP to get Glory, to purchase better gear and nothing else.
  • Options
    nickcave33nickcave33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rogue makes post about how op rogues. neat.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I figured you were a moron when I had to point out what the OP was actually referring to, but your reply only confirms it. I would like to see you as a heal spec'd DC participate in the fight while healing and keeping your party alive and get more points then a competent CW or TR that are travelling point to point with you.

Besides the fact that the point system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyways and the people worried about it much the same. It's f#$king random blue trash for #1. But it doesn't change the fact that xippin your argument has no relevance towards the OP, since a actual decent healing DC will be wasting ability slots, daily's, cast times, and cool downs on healing/survival abilities that lower his chances of getting death blows. (Which also give bonus points for point defense..etc) Therefore lowering his overall points score by only receiving assists points.

By xippin's logic DC's need to all go DPS and "participate in the fight". Hold on let me check... yup still think you're a moron.

Maybe you're not getting it. There are only FOUR...yes, you saw it right...FOUR heals that the DC has that do not inherently deal damage. Of those FOUR heals, only TWO are worth slotting at all at 60. One being a daily, one being an encounter. That means that any decent DC still has 2 Encounter, 1 Daily and 2 At Wills that will deal damage putting them in the exact same position post patch, that they were in pre patch.

If you had even a basic understanding of the DC's abilities you would understand what i'm telling you. I kept it very civil, but since you want to refer to me as a moron without actually having the slightest inkling of what you are talking about, civility is no longer necessary.

A Healing spec'd DC's Healing word...sucks...period. It's absolutely useless in pvp as it heals for less then half of the damage of 1 hit over a 10 SECOND period of time. Not only that, it only has 3 charges and the charges refresh every 15 seconds.

A Healing spec'd DC's Bastion of Health...sucks...period. It will heal for less then half of the damage of 1 hit and it's on a 19 second cooldown.

Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground are the ONLY two not damage dealing heals a DC has that are worth slotting in pvp. Hallowed Ground being a daily, and Astral shield being 1 encounter ability, leaving 2 encounters free for him to use. Maybe you missed the memo, but DC's are not just healers in an Action based game, they are mitigation/cc support characters that happen to have heals.

Get with the program nub.
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe you aren't getting it, DCs deal beyond horrible damage even if their heals do have damage components. And the chance of getting a killing blow scales linearly with your dps. Classes should be rewarded for fulfilling their roles, not trying to do pitiful damage for points at all costs. I'm still for removing the score system completely. That might get people focused on winning and teamplay.

And -I- have a near BiS cleric (only missing ancient offhand).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rhymfaxe wrote: »
    Maybe you aren't getting it, DCs deal beyond horrible damage even if their heals do have damage components. And the chance of getting a killing blow scales linearly with your dps. Classes should be rewarded for fulfilling their roles, not trying to do pitiful damage for points at all costs. I'm still for removing the score system completely. That might get people focused on winning and teamplay.

And -I- have a near BiS cleric (only missing ancient offhand).

Yes, I fully understand that DC's deal horrible damage. That is not the issue in question. The Nerf that everyone seems to think is going to make people not play DC's is that they don't receive assist credit for only healing, which they shouldn't. Their role is not to heal, their role is a support (Healing, CC, Buffing, Debuffing, and Damage). The game is lightly based on DnD, in which clerics are front line fighters that happen to have heals, not healers that happen to have damage. NWO follows the same concept, DC's are not just healers, they are support characters that happen to have heals.

My tank spec'd guardian doesn't getting killing blows, neither does my DC. But I still contribute to the win which ultimately gives me more glory then having a lot of killing blows and losing. The only difference is the blue or green item that you get for a high score, which is trivial since purple items are in excessive abundance at level 60.

And just as a side note, I do agree that the point system should be removed as it discredits anyone not built to dps. I am not supporting the point system, I'm simply advocating that getting credit for assists without actually fighting is not the correct approach either. Getting credit for healing instead of dealing damage means I can run over and throw a Bastion of Health onto a fight then run and hide but I would still get credit for every kill their even though I marginally participated, when I could have been CC'ing/Debuffing the enemy or buffing my allies damage etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm simply advocating that getting credit for assists without actually fighting is not the correct approach either. Getting credit for healing instead of dealing damage means I can run over and throw a Bastion of Health onto a fight then run and hide but I would still get credit for every kill their even though I marginally participated

As opposed to tagging any target with an at will once and then running and hiding then receiving credit? The issue of whether you believe some of the healing abilities provide horrible healing, is not the issue. Much the same as the dmg dealing of DC's is horrible and not the issue. Deal horrible dmg or deal horrible healing. You keep saying the role of the cleric is not to heal but yet you include it in the description of support. I understand your point of view and we disagree on whether healing is considered "participating in a fight" but agree that the point system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. gg
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Simply put, DC's are able to do some damage, otherwise no-one would be able to solo level them. But this damage is lacking power in PvP, so they're not killing machines. That's fine I think.

And in theory, this could make DC's get more points that the killers. 4 teammates are hitting one opponent each, getting 50 points per kill. Should the DC have a seal on every one of those 4, that's a total of 100 points assist. Right?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nickcave33 wrote: »
    rogue makes post about how op rogues. neat.

you wake up too, it`s a rogue with personal healer ;p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Simply put, DC's are able to do some damage, otherwise no-one would be able to solo level them. But this damage is lacking power in PvP, so they're not killing machines.?

all depends on spec/gear.
    they can do just as many dmg as any other class.
    too bad a lot of people don`t get this and go spam everywhere what`s op or not.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    purple belt - defensive slot

blue belt - offensive slot

Nothing more to add here .
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited June 2013
    i noticed 2 clerics in team = 100% win 0% chance to kill them 0% chance to kill anything near them so in this case the only thing to do is to leave arena or go afk cuz is impossible had this bullsh1t in arena many times
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i noticed 2 clerics in team = 100% win 0% chance to kill them 0% chance to kill anything near them so in this case the only thing to do is to leave arena or go afk cuz is impossible had this bullsh1t in arena many times

Not exactly true.. Look my screenshot.

DC's can actually win blue items, no problem with that. It's the bs that I do 90% dmg to someone's HP and than a TR kills him. He get's the kill while I spended a Daily etc. -.- CW also does such tricks also.

But healing + killing is very possible with a DC.

(this is lvl 60 btw)

pvpcleric1.jpg

I found out that teamwork is the key, at least 1 DC for the AS and than you can beat everyone without having good gear. I losed from ppl big time while I "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" them the round before, stay together so you have that combat advantage (and not against you) and to help each other.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited June 2013
    owners of this game need to do something about bots in this game or u will never have a so called teamwork......
  • Options
    edited June 2013

in the case of them being together all the time which you say is it their weakness, just take the other 2 spots.
    and if they run off together take the other 2 which they re not going, simple ;p
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    let`s hope they`re not going to kill pvp with so called balancing like.. wow ;p
  • Options
    errantimpugnmenterrantimpugnment Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is lightly based on DnD, in which clerics are front line fighters that happen to have heals, not healers that happen to have damage.

So where's my full plate, my kite shield, my hammer of utter pwnage, and my stacking self buffs?