test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Instantly Banned After Complaining About a Failed ZEN Purchase!

par4nauticpar4nautic Member Posts: 41
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My Account got instantly banned after I complained via Paypal about a failed ZEN purchase...
Post edited by par4nautic on

Comments

• kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know what you were expecting because you are not allow to Dispute the charge through paypal after the purchased, because all purchased are final and they will banned account if you file charge back or dispute. You should have wait for your ticket to be answer, but yet you file a dispute.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bet the amount made it to the OPs wallet but they didnt transfer it to the game they wanted to use it in. This creates a bit of confusion for first time zen buyers.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    par4nautic wrote: »
    My Account got instantly banned after I complained via Paypal about a failed ZEN purchase from 1st of June.

There I purchased Zen but the amount never made it to my PWE-Account. After contacting and waiting couple of days for answers i finally made the decision to complain via Paypal. After i sent the email through Paypal my Neverwinter account got auto-banned within seconds...

According to Paypal PWE has recieved the money...
    I even forwarded the paypal-transactioncode to PWE few days ago, but no response yet...

Be aware if u want to complain through paypal about a failed transaction, you'll get instantly auto-banned.. probably for days!

The e-mail i got within seconds:

Hello ,

This email is to inform you that one or more transactions made to your Perfect World Entertainment account now has an open dispute with the payment source. If you feel this is in error or you need more information, please go to http://support.perfectworld.com and open a ticket to the billing department.

While the dispute(s) are open, the account that made the purchase(s) is to remain banned.

PWE Customer Service Team
    http://support.perfectworld.com

Long story short:
    If you did a chargeback via pay pall you will have your account banned permanently. Should have waited for unreachable support and keep checking transaction status.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    In PWE's defense, most companies will instantly revoke your access, suspend your ability to buy more stuff, or ban your entire account if you dispute a PayPal payment. This is nearly always an automated process, and it is the industry standard.

You didn't "complain", you disputed the payment, in less than a week. You have 40 days for this, so there was no reason for you to do this and you should have waited and worked this out with the customer support, even if it may take some time. It will take longer now. probably, and you can't play. There was no risk in waiting.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Discussing Customer Support matters, especially involving personal matters is against the forum's Rules of Conduct.

There's nothing anyone can do about it on the forums. Forum moderators, nor anyone else that reads the forums can overturn a ban.

Your issue is with customer service, and that's who you need to contact, but be forewarned, most companies don't take kindly to chargebacks.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.