test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You're not good because you play a CW or TR.

124»

Comments

• xhaxonxhaxon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only thing missing in GWF is a ranged power.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because when I think a hulking half-orc is plate and steel, wielding a massive greatsword I think -- wow he must have a lot of ranged power.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xhaxon wrote: »
    The only thing missing in GWF is a ranged power.

Agreed they should have a floating pool of sharks with fricken laserbeams following their every move

They should one shot at will all end game content and when they use their at wills in pvp all other players on the map are stunned, then their team mates form a stringed quartet that playes melodies while they perform their daily which is always charged which adds 1000 points immediately. When they get loot it is better than end game and they can choose and take any items from particpating players and then log onto forum to complain they had to press 2 buttons. GG
  • thezappfethezappfe Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warcel wrote: »
    On my personal opinion, this game is not supposed to be an E-sport. Things are balanced pretty much for pve purposes.
    I am an avid PVPer, I feel you. But you shouldnt waste your energy trying to pvp here. Just saying. At least not yet.

PVP is horribly imba, but I don't think they're balanced for PVE either, seeing as the healer's gear mostly has the wrong stats. Stacking some defense actually makes sense due to the fact no one protects healers and if you need AS down at all times (e.g. recovery), your party is terribad. Btw, you don't get a useful heal capable of keeping a party alive until 50 which is bizarre.

It also actually makes more sense to have the tank round up adds then fight the boss (like every other game) and have one of the DPS do the boss.

Like I said, I don't know what this game is balanced for. Maybe the official live release will fix some of this.
  • bombadeerbombadeer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find a lot of the classes to be OP including Cleric and Rogue but i think it maybe because it is in BETA and thats why I show it here.

Blizzard has WOW, and Dungeons and Dragons has this so I thought on having a look at the new MMO by the D&D creators. I don't why I put blizzard in this description :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9Nekt3g10

Thanks
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Here is a link to learn more about D&D. Cryptic are not the D&D creators so stop making yourself a fool. I can tell you this, every MMORPG creator is using the D&D rules since the MMO genre has appeared years ago. I dont think you were born when the first D&D edition was created.
  • zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    TR and CW are not easy mode classes... I have seen many garbage TRs and CWs doing nothing but die. I have seen a few GWFs way too good for what the class can do. You are good or you are bad in games, you cant ever change that.
  • archsteel1archsteel1 Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Listen if you know how to play a GWF then you can play him much better than a CW or TR. Now your probably just going to respond by saying "That I suck at this game" but I have been beaten by a GWF on a TR. The GWF is a little harder to play but just as good as the TR.
  • chinzw85chinzw85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    Seriously, people actually don't believe these classes are over powered to the extreme. I was on my gwf and some rogue said "jealous of my dps?" in a dungeon.. I about died from laughing so hard at him because he was serious. For the record I have a Rogue and Wizard, though the wizard isn't quite level cap, but he is high enough level to know that teleport doesn't take nearly enough stamina.

Honestly if they don't bring a huge nerf to TR's and CW's I'm done with the game, but assuming they're not going to go on with a 3 class game I'd like to just let all my fellow CW's and TR's know.. You're not good you're playing on easy mode.

We'll find out who's actually good at the game once the classes are even remotely balanced.

And don't even try to argue it, because I know you want to think you're good, but we both know you just want a OP class to cover up how bad you are.

Now a GWF, DC or GF that kicks the most *&^ in PvP, now that would be a good player(End-Game). The rest is too hard to compare based on the outrageous gap's between usefulness in classes.

** Example My GWF 10k most powerful skill with a respectable build does between 10-13k crit damage top with a extremely long winded animation that's easy to dodge.

CW's who's only between 7-8k does more like 15-28k damage. He also can teleport nearly 4 times before running out of stamina, which is 4 immediate dodges essentially I can dodge ever encounter someone throws at me and still have a dodge left.

TR's I don't really have an issue with outside of their insane dps in dungeons, which honestly doesn't matter because it counts with trash and really only the boss battles matters, but it gets annoying when they think they're just that good..

Learn to use your GWF, or just reroll the easy no brainer class, done.