test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recent Patches

chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The recent patches have just shown me that the devs are staying on point trying to stomp out major exploits as soon as possible. I can wait for balance patches. Keep up the good work. Ppl forget how small the team is. I for one don't think the majority of forum posters give them enough credit. Just my two cents. Have at it.
INB4, INB4
Post edited by chabowbies on

Comments

• forumz24forumz24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because they fix arguably 2 of the lowest priority exploits they are on top of things? I know of like 5 more exploits just from reading all the ****ing moronic spam in zone chat.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    forumz24 wrote: »
    Because they fix arguably 2 of the lowest priority exploits they are on top of things? I know of like 5 more exploits just from reading all the ****ing moronic spam in zone chat.

At least they are doing something.
  • cypraxcyprax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree. One also must remember, successful MMORPGs are perfected and shaped by customer feedback. We all must keep the constructive feedback coming, rather than making demands to PW.
    edited June 2013
    At least they are doing something.

You are right, they are making progress. But there are 3 waaay higher priority exploits than this garbage they are fixing right now that are effectively crushing the economy. Pugs are advertising 30 minute TRASH SKIPPING CN groups IN ZONE CHAT they just book it past EVERY PACK OF TRASH IN THE DUNGEON. Then they even exploit the Draco fight. That **** needs fixed, not some wonkey *** set bonuses. I am tired of all of my guilds hard work and time dedication being undermined by freaking exploiters. It was one of the most satisfying feelings Killing draco with a 1 of each class group. Now it feels like it doesnt even matter because scumbags are finding ways to skip the entire dungeon just to exploit the last fight. Will they be banned or even punished? Probably not.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are right, they are making progress. But there are 3 waaay higher priority exploits than this garbage they are fixing right now that are effectively crushing the economy. Pugs are advertising 30 minute TRASH SKIPPING CN groups IN ZONE CHAT they just book it past EVERY PACK OF TRASH IN THE DUNGEON. Then they even exploit the Draco fight. That **** needs fixed, not some wonkey *** set bonuses. I am tired of all of my guilds hard work and time dedication being undermined by freaking exploiters. It was one of the most satisfying feelings Killing draco with a 1 of each class group. Now it feels like it doesnt even matter because scumbags are finding ways to skip the entire dungeon just to exploit the last fight. Will they be banned or even punished? Probably not.
    Just make sure you report every bug and exploit you see and know. It's all we can do until they come up with a fix for it.
    edited June 2013
    Just make sure you report every bug and exploit you see and know. It's all we can do until they come up with a fix for it.

Thats a good joke. IF the devs aren't already aware of all the problems in CN/Spider/Frozen/Karrundax this game has no hope.
  • jlanderjlander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So Cryptic gets all the blame? Wheres the outrage at the scum that sets out to find exploits then exploit the **** out of the game then pass it along to everyone else when they have had their fill?

Dont get me wrong here, I think Cryptic bears the blunt of blame for the amount of holes in the game exploit wise but it seems the exploiters always get a free pass here.
    edited June 2013
    jlander wrote: »
    So Cryptic gets all the blame? Wheres the outrage at the scum that sets out to find exploits then exploit the **** out of the game then pass it along to everyone else when they have had their fill?

Dont get me wrong here, I think Cryptic bears the blunt of blame for the amount of holes in the game exploit wise but it seems the exploiters always get a free pass here.

You are right, SHAME ON YOU EXPLOITERS. Now that that is out of the way. People cheat in games, especially free to play games where there are next to no consequences. It's up to the devs to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. If companies are building games and not saying CAN THIS BE EXPLOITED every time they come up with an idea they are doing it wrong. The fail coding in this game just goes to show that they really weren't all the worried about exploits to begin with WHICH IS A HUGE MISTAKE. Its up to the devs to make an exploit free game because exploiters WILL EXPLOIT. So yes this is Cryptics fault 100%. It's also Cryptics fault for not having a dedicated team that handles these things on a daily basis. They should have employees going through logs and seriously looking at people being reported for exploiting. **** I could find 20+ people a day just reading zone chat who openly admit to exploiting yet they sit there with a free pass. Its cryptic giving the exploiters a free pass, not the players. get a clue.
    edited June 2013
    The best part is they have a team to censor the forums about exploits. But not a team to actually hand out punishments to players ACTUALLY exploiting. Moronic.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The best part is they have a team to censor the forums about exploits. But not a team to actually hand out punishments to players ACTUALLY exploiting. Moronic.

You do know that PWE have a strict no tolerance policy on exploits, chances are that if our volunteer mods logon to the forums and ignore exploit posts then someone will be having a strict word with them later.
    edited June 2013
    You are right, SHAME ON YOU EXPLOITERS. Now that that is out of the way. People cheat in games, especially free to play games where there are next to no consequences. It's up to the devs to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. If companies are building games and not saying CAN THIS BE EXPLOITED every time they come up with an idea they are doing it wrong. The fail coding in this game just goes to show that they really weren't all the worried about exploits to begin with WHICH IS A HUGE MISTAKE. Its up to the devs to make an exploit free game because exploiters WILL EXPLOIT. So yes this is Cryptics fault 100%. It's also Cryptics fault for not having a dedicated team that handles these things on a daily basis. They should have employees going through logs and seriously looking at people being reported for exploiting. **** I could find 20+ people a day just reading zone chat who openly admit to exploiting yet they sit there with a free pass. Its cryptic giving the exploiters a free pass, not the players. get a clue.

So if the police made a huge mistake in scheduling and there where no police on duty one day it would be okay to be a criminal for that day? After all, it was their mistake, not yours?

I have a feeling that a lot people agree with you that people need a reason to be good, like consequences. Probably one of the reasons the world is a **** hole.

Maybe you need a clue.
    edited June 2013
    So if the police made a huge mistake in scheduling and there where no police on duty one day it would be okay to be a criminal for that day? After all, it was their mistake, not yours?

I have a feeling that a lot people agree with you that people need a reason to be good, like consequences. Probably one of the reasons the world is a **** hole.

Maybe you need a clue.

The fact that you are trying to compare criminal activity in the real world to exploiting a video game shows just how moronic you really are. I will not even try and debate you as you have already proven it is a big waste of time. Have a nice day.
    edited June 2013
    The fact that you are trying to compare criminal activity in the real world to exploiting a video game shows just how moronic you really are. I will not even try and debate you as you have already proven it is a big waste of time. Have a nice day.

lol

Your post is code for not wanting to admit I have a valid point. Call someone a moron to dismiss the point because you know its valid.

You have a nice day.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't we all just agree to disagree. I was just saying that they are handling issues. Maybe not the issues you personally want handled right this minute, but important fixes nonetheless. I'm just saying they are working on things and think the average forum mimics tend to take certain things for granite.
    INB4, INB4
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    The recent patches have just shown me that the devs are staying on point trying to stomp out major exploits as soon as possible. I can wait for balance patches. Keep up the good work. Ppl forget how small the team is. I for one don't think the majority of forum posters give them enough credit. Just my two cents. Have at it.

Agreed and if more people visited certain exploit sites and promptly petition the Cryptic Staff, the quicker the game can get to normalcy. I know I visit a certain MMO Blog that lists all the cheats and exploits on a daily basis and when a new 1 pops up I report it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • darklodusdarklodus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013

Maybe you need a clue.

They actually made a movie about this...The Purge...

darklodus
  • joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013

Yes, Cryptic gets the blame. If you leave such gigantic exploit gaps in your software youre just asking for it. Better testing before beta from their side would have avoided this.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, Cryptic gets the blame. If you leave such gigantic exploit gaps in your software youre just asking for it. Better testing before beta from their side would have avoided this.

This comment is so bad that I can't even...

There are criminals who use this defence, they still go to prison.

Morality is seeing a chance to break the rules and not doing it, just because they can be broken doesn't mean that they should.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe because those other Bugs people think are major take longer to fix? Jesus people, just have some patient and fate. I'm sure it eventually get fixes and they are working as fast and hard as they could. I'm surprised that even they patching bugs and exploits, yet people still complains about it. That's free to play right there you you, not enough mature audience and a bunch of whiners, I feel a bit bad for them they have to dealt with this kind of people everyday.

This is what Open Beta is all about, to iron out and figuring out major bugs before it launch.
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Exactly as kasuhari said. These were pretty small code tweaks so roll them out as fast as possible. Fundamentally altering the maps is a huge undertaking that anyone who has used the Foundry will now first hand. It can take days to remap areas, test it, find the stuck points, find the glitch points and they roll them out in hopes that the player base will find them and tell them about it to speed the process.

Is it ideal no but that is how this type of thing works. Good on you guys for getting out as many fixes as you have.